(I)sa(i)ah 1:9; Romans 9:29

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
"Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah."

"And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha."

Question, though.

If The LORD of hosts had NOT left unto us a very small remnant, would we ALL have, would we ALL should have been, as Sodom, and should we ALL have been like unto Gomorrah?

In other words, is this something that WOULD HAVE happened or something that 'could' have happened?

Why do I ask? Because of this one question and observation..

Who's to say that the entire World or that the ALL of this verse would have 'wanted' or even 'desired' to be as Sodom or even be as Gomorrah? Who's to say that there wouldn't have been any who didn't WANT to be as Sodom or who didn't WANT to have association with Gomorrah? Where would these persons have been seeing they might NOT have had any desire or placed any value on Sodom and/or Gomorrah to even think of becoming or being near to them? How would 'they' have been made like Sodom or/and Gomorrah if to them Sodom and/or Gomorrah would be a distasteful 'thing'?

The sins of Sodom were/are being overly complacent to the point of getting into the life of being comfortable with 'casual' sexual encounters/relationships due to having excess in daily provisioned life to not have to have concern to any negative repercussions to such 'casual' relationships which can effect self, family, home and even close associates in a non-amply supplied 'overcovering' with material goods and activities which require having enough disposable income to be used as a supply to cover over the matter;...

So the sins of Sodom were/was/is just that... being overly supplied with goods/supplies, that one can put their feet up and not need to worry about from where their next meal will be coming from or to not need to worry about how their next drink of water will be there. You get the idea, hopefully.

And fortunately/unfortunately, the entire World, or the ALL to these verses, even to this idea of self abundant complacency is not 'gained' after/ does not 'gain' after/ is not sought after... The whole world, the ALL of life, does not subscribe to the Golden Piece of the Pie concept.

Last edited:
  • Banned
All those pictures with celebrities, all those advertisments, all those newspaper articles and where those incidents occur and to what organization they occur towards and for what agenda, etc.... they are all in places where the currency of that place allows for excessiveness for such things to be a normal part of each day. Opening up a Yahoo page or a Google page with all of its start page celebrities and news is what I'm talking about... Well to do ideas on front pages of everybody's view; in almost all living rooms. Ideas of what is 'front page' worthy..

And such is/are/were the sins of Sodom... such is Gomorrah.

But once again... not everybody desires that lifestyle.. not everybody.. maybe many... but it is not mandatory that everybody needs to desire that lifestyle or even hold that lifestyle 'esteemed'; Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous...

• Banned
I'm not familiar with golden piece of pie concept. Could you explain?
Sure.. I can try..

The golden piece of the pie concept... eating a piece of pie which is not a part of the person's ordinary life in their original life situation. Sometimes, oftentimes, not even an opportunity in the person's ordinary life in their original life situation.

Everyone can eat a piece of pie.. even in impoverished places..

But rarely does one get to eat a golden piece of pie.

I have learned a very important lesson which is available in places where such excessiveness is looked upon as a norm.

The results of individual mistakes which need to be tended to, which need to be borne, by those who did NOT make the mistakes... These occur in such excessive places.

What's sad about these is their provider and/or enabler. The one(s) who/which enable, provide, allow for, such wrongs. It's like giving ammunition rounds to a person who has a gun but no ammunition. It is sad.. Why? Because even the ammunition needs to be paid for... Who's going to pay for the ammunition to be given to a person who is going to use them for misdeeds? Who has that kind of disposable 'monies' to be able to loosely and freely not have such purchases put a damper in their own personal well being livelihood and life?

I love God. Why?

Because, Allah hates waste.

007:031 "O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess."

Last edited:
I'm american middle class, I don't have anything in excess. Bet I'm happier than rich and famous. Like cars, why do you need ten?

Forum List

Back