'I Remember Evereything' - the last song John Prine wrote.

I knew nothing about John Prine until his untimely death and decided to look up his songs on Youtube.
The guy was a wordsmith and penned some great memorable tunes.
I especially liked when he teamed up with the country singer Iris DeMent. ... :cool:

Last edited:
I knew nothing about John Prine until his untimely death and decided to look up his songs on Youtube.
The guy was a word smith and penned some great memorable tunes.
I especially liked when he teamed up with the country singer Iris DeMent. ... :cool:

He was a wordsmith indeed. The song 'Souvenirs' is one of my favorites. He wrote that on the way to the little club he was singing it, when he was first starting out.

Prine's influence has been mentioned by some of the all time greats, namely Roger Waters, Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan. I remember tributes to him when he died early in the pandemic from Covid. I admit I've not listened to much of his music, but will start to.

The guy was a word smith and penned some great memorable tunes.

He was a wordsmith indeed. The song 'Souvenirs' is one of my favorites. He wrote that on the way to the little club he was singing it, when he was first starting out.

I think "Lake Marie" is my favorite. Or maybe "All the Best". So many.

Brandi Carlisle is a big fan of John Prine.

Prine's lyrics were some of the best ever written, sometimes in subtle ways. In this song there is a line "the way you turned and smiled on me", instead of saying "smiled at me". The difference is everything.

This song speaks to me. I spent 20+ years working on the road. I spent a lot of miles with Prine in a cassette deck or cd player. His music fit the road. This one fits even better.

Forum List

Back