I question the assertion from the right that we have a powerful "liberal media"

Conservatives are, of course, for the most part ideologues, and as such they find it impossible to accept the fact that their dogma has been rejected by a majority of the voters, as was the case in 2008 and 2012.

Consequently they need to find a scapegoat, something or someone to blame, as clearly the fault can’t be with conservative dogma.

The myth of the ‘liberal bias’ media meets that requirement perfectly.

I love the way Conservatives state that FoxNews gets more viewers than just about the entire rest of the media combined and then claims that the Liberal Media controls the minds of the masses.
I guess some people CAN have it both ways.

You seem to have no problem with having it both ways.

Please elaborate without using an ad hominem or simply admit you felt like posting but had nothing of substance to state.

Remember Baghdad Bob, who kept on repeating that U.S. Troops were losing and Saddam's troops were victorious?

He reappeared here with various accounts claiming that there is no liberal bias in the media.

I love the way Conservatives state that FoxNews gets more viewers than just about the entire rest of the media combined and then claims that the Liberal Media controls the minds of the masses.
I guess some people CAN have it both ways.

You seem to have no problem with having it both ways.

Please elaborate without using an ad hominem or simply admit you felt like posting but had nothing of substance to state.

Let me jump in here:

FNC viewers out number viewers of other CABLE networks, but they are still only a tiny slice of population who get their news and political reporting from BROADCAST networks.

Keeping in mind that CBS tried to impact a presidential election with a fake story and former news anchor Dan Rather still makes tons of money on the lecture circuit rather than spending time in prison, I haven't seen a single story critical of the Obama administration in CBS, ABC, CNN, NPR or the mulch media. The dirty little secret is when they are forced to come up with real stuff concerning the Hussein administration they either give it a bland comment and never come back to it or they spend a lot of time defending it. There is never ever, ever a sign of outrage in the liberal media for anything that happens in the Hussein administration.

In my mind, the only evidence of liberal-controlled television is MSNBC. I don't understand this belief that networks like CNN, CBS, or ABC have this glaring liberal bias. While I am not necessarily a fan of these networks, I would say they do a good job in their unbiased reporting. All of them have been critical of Obama.

I think many on the right want to believe there is huge liberal bias on television news because these networks don't confirm the radical bullshit propaganda that is spewed on Fox News.

In my opinion, if you want to avoid media bias on television, don't watch fake news networks like Fox News or MSNBC. The rest of them keep it fair.

I question the assertion that you have two brain cells to rub together.

Keeping in mind that CBS tried to impact a presidential election with a fake story and former news anchor Dan Rather still makes tons of money on the lecture circuit rather than spending time in prison, I haven't seen a single story critical of the Obama administration in CBS, ABC, CNN, NPR or the mulch media. The dirty little secret is when they are forced to come up with real stuff concerning the Hussein administration they either give it a bland comment and never come back to it or they spend a lot of time defending it. There is never ever, ever a sign of outrage in the liberal media for anything that happens in the Hussein administration.
Wasn't there at least one particular cable network that was dedicated to impacting a Presidential election with a fake news story scandal about Benghazi? There were also some assorted RW media personnel and various other networks attempting the same. One is currently on hiatus for that very thing from one the broadcast networks.

Dan Rather's reputation remains stellar, not-so-much for these newbies trying to cause scandals where there aren't any.

Wasn't there at least one particular cable network that was dedicated to impacting a Presidential election with a fake news story scandal about Benghazi? There were also some assorted RW media personnel and various other networks attempting the same. One is currently on hiatus for that very thing from one the broadcast networks.

Dan Rather's reputation remains stellar, not-so-much for these newbies trying to cause scandals where there aren't any.

Ah, yes, the Dan Rather story, which, as we all now know, ended up being TRUE. Thanks, Righties, for reminding us!!!

on a technical level, FOX's reporting of election night was excellent. In fact, FOX called a number of states FOR Obama before CNN, ABC or CBS: Pennyslvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Mexico.

And then Karl Rove had his meltdown and no one even tried to correct his oh so transparent error. Poor sop.

Ah, yes, the Dan Rather story, which, as we all now know, ended up being TRUE. Thanks, Righties, for reminding us!!!

on a technical level, FOX's reporting of election night was excellent. In fact, FOX called a number of states FOR Obama before CNN, ABC or CBS: Pennyslvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Mexico.

And then Karl Rove had his meltdown and no one even tried to correct his oh so transparent error. Poor sop.
Megyn actually smacked Karl down on those points.

First, of course, he suffered his EPIC meltdown after the FOXNEWS had no choice but to call Ohio...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E05q9m0xO_4]Karl Rove Refuses to Believe Fox News' Own Obama Victory Projection - YouTube[/ame]

Then Karl insisted that they couldn't DARE call the State so soon, so this happened...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwCNPXds7w]Fox News' Megyn Kelly Marches To The Network's Decision Desk in Search of Answers - YouTube[/ame]

And finally the RW wing bastard STILL needed yet ANOTHER smackdown from her days after the fact...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsqYFNsP2U8]Megyn Kelly Informs Karl Rove Obama Won Reelection - YouTube[/ame]

That night has to be one of the best nights for watching FOXNEWS in it's history, at least for Democrats.

:lol:

In my mind, the only evidence of liberal-controlled television is MSNBC. I don't understand this belief that networks like CNN, CBS, or ABC have this glaring liberal bias. While I am not necessarily a fan of these networks, I would say they do a good job in their unbiased reporting. All of them have been critical of Obama.

I think many on the right want to believe there is huge liberal bias on television news because these networks don't confirm the radical bullshit propaganda that is spewed on Fox News.

In my opinion, if you want to avoid media bias on television, don't watch fake news networks like Fox News or MSNBC. The rest of them keep it fair.

This a joke? Liberal bias in the media has been proven over and over again. So, your opinion is wrong and that is because of your liberal bias.

Liberal bias in the media has been around a lot longer than FOXNews and MSNBC.

A Liberal bias that attracts no one...based on ratings

The Public had no option for decades - there was no balanced Media the Liberals and Lefties monopolized it ... not untill just recently has their been an alternative to the liberal leftist Cock & Bull - and the people are mesmerized and awed - many slowly coming to the realization of what Big Brother has been attempting - The Jig is up !

This a joke? Liberal bias in the media has been proven over and over again. So, your opinion is wrong and that is because of your liberal bias.

Liberal bias in the media has been around a lot longer than FOXNews and MSNBC.

The Public had no option for decades - there was no balanced Media the Liberals and Lefties monopolized it ... not untill just recently has their been an alternative to the liberal leftist Cock & Bull - and the people are mesmerized and awed - many slowly coming to the realization of what Big Brother has been attempting - The Jig is up !
Wasn't this exact same media network in total cahoots with "Big Brother" during the entire 8 years of the Bush Administration?

How are you able to reconcile the swill you're spewing with that fact?

Balanced is one thing...Mantra is another.

Interesting thought there. Some Democrat who wanted to win his/her/its party primary might legally have his/her/its (gotta stay PC here, we're talking Democrat libs) to "Mantra". John F. Mantra? Hillary R. Mantra?

The name recognition alone would make him/her/it a shoo-in.

If I want information, I go to .gov sites and then to a forum.
The problem with the transfer of information is human intervention.

Wasn't this exact same media network in total cahoots with "Big Brother" during the entire 8 years of the Bush Administration?

Not the vast right wing media conspiracy again.

Fact ?! You're Funny !

"Fairly or unfairly, critics of President Bush’s environmental policy believe the only green policy he’s displayed is the color of big business money. ..... So is the Bush push really getting the lead out or just blowing smoke? CBS’s John Roberts clears the air on this."
April 17 CBS Evening News.

"Indeed, the Clinton administration had been very tough during the political campaign about China. Some people think that, in fact, exacerbated this particular incident, from the Chinese point of view." — Peter Jennings, confusing Clinton with Bush in an ABC News special, immediately after President Bush’s Rose Garden remarks about the release of Americans in China.

2008 presidential election. Media outlets were criticized for helping Barack Obama win the White House, while portraying the John McCain/Sarah Palin ticket as badly as possible.

"I would like to apologize for referring to George W. Bush as a "deserter." What I meant to say is that George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD liar and a functional illiterate."
Michael Moore

"Bush's actions remind me of Herman Goering's quote during the Nuremberg Trials, where he stated: '...it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.'" Barbra Streisand

This President invaded a sovereign nation in defiance of the UN. He is basically a war criminal. Honestly. He should be tried at The Hague. Rosie O'donnell

"While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward,"
Al Gore

"George W. Bush is evil. He is a terrorist. He is evil. He is arrogant. And he is out of control." Julianne Malveaux - USA Today columnist

“I despise him [President George W. Bush]. I despise his administration and everything they stand for....To my mind the election was stolen by George Bush and we have been suffering ever since under this man’s leadership....There has to be a movement now to really oppose what he is proposing because it’s unconstitutional, it’s immoral and basically illegal....It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It’s humiliating.”
Jessica Lange

"As we have learned in the past weeks, we cannot trust George W. Bush,"
Barbra Streisand

"George W Bush is like a bad comic working the crowd, a moron, if you'll pardon the expression," Martin Sheen

"Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas,"
Natalie Maines- Dixie Chicks

"There's nothing you could point to in the Bush Administration with pride, Nothing. There is no way any rational, reasonable person can say that the Bush Administration has been good for America." Janeane Garofalo

"I am more patriotic than this president we have, who I consider a traitor of human and American principles.”
Sean Penn

"In two short years, George W. Bush has taught us what the 'W' stands for -- wrong. Wrong for our children, wrong for our parents, wrong for our values. Wrong, wrong, wrong for America."
John Edwards

"We stand a chance of getting a president who has probably killed more people before he gets into office than any president in the history of the United States."
Susan Sarandon

"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected— selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines," Alec Baldwin

"he sounds more like a gang leader in South-Central L.A. than one that is trying to institute a policy of democracy and reconstruction in the world." Al Sharpton

"President Bush is pushing the wrong buttons when he says, 'Those who are not with us, are against us,' " Soros said. "This is an imperialist vision in which the U.S. leads and the rest of the world follows." George Soros

"shout a little louder if you want the president impeached."
Bruce Springsteen

"This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them "hawks", but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation's grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist." Woody Harrelson

"I'm both pro-Kerry and anti-Bush. More anti-Bush." Howard Stern

"To start with, anti-Castro groups were vital in implementing the dirty business of the butterfly ballots ensuring Bush's victory at the 2000 elections," Oliver Stone

"The difference between Martin Sheen and George W. Bush is Martin Sheen is actually convincing when he acts like he's president." Paul Begala

“Who gave George Bush the duty to free people around the world?”
Mike Wallace

"George Bush doesn't care about black people," Kanye West

"We all need to take a deep breath and think about being a Bush daughter and having that cross to bear. I'd go out and have a couple of drinks too," Julia Roberts

"The war on terrorism is terrorism." Woody Harrelson

This was about oil. It wasn’t about human rights. It’s not about human rights....It is the Bush/Cheney cartel’s fault....Team Bush is more radically corrupt than Richard Nixon ever tried to be....It is, in fact, a conspiracy of the 43rd Reich.” janeane garofalo

"I think George Bush is such an embarrassment to America in the way that he doesn't take the rest of the world into consideration." Gwyneth Paltrow

"He is supposed to be America's president, but he's not my president, I didn't vote for him,"
Carlos Santana

"I never saw a clearer choice in my life," Baldwin said, describing the Bush administration as being "good at only two things: the economy — and by that I mean stimulating the Dow, stimulating corporate profits and the Dow — and waging war. And they basically screwed up both of them, or they're in the process of screwing up both of them." Alec Baldwin

"This week President Bush implemented a military tribunal ... which will make it easier for us to execute (people)." Danny Glover

"It's your money, says President Bush when he promotes tax cuts. I disagree with his tax policy but admire his spin." Bill Clinton

“Bush stole the elections and since then we have all been suffering the consequences,”
Jessica Lange

"I wasn't raised in George Bush's America, and I wouldn't be comfortable in it."
Richard Dreyfuss

“Bush says you’re either with us or against us. I don’t know who ‘us’ is. I say to Mr. Bush—this is what democracy looks like. We will not give our daughters and sons for a war for oil.” Susan Sarandon

President Bush is "a dull and rigid man ... whose philosophy is a jumble of badly sutured body parts trying to walk," who is running for president on a platform of tragedy.
Garrison Keillor Bush-Whacked - the slander of President Bush by liberals

In a blatant attempt to sway the upcoming Presidential elections, Dan Rather presented four forged documents highly critical of then President George W. Bush's service, during the Vietnam War, in the Texas Air National Guard . Dan Rather

Shall I keep going ? :eek:

lol, The fake Awol story on Bush ended being true?

Why? Because Dan Rather came back after he LOST his job over it and said it was?

good grief...the twisted lies of people

Fact ?! You're Funny !

"Fairly or unfairly, critics of President Bush’s environmental policy believe the only green policy he’s displayed is the color of big business money. ..... So is the Bush push really getting the lead out or just blowing smoke? CBS’s John Roberts clears the air on this."

"Indeed, the Clinton administration had been very tough during the political campaign about China. Some people think that, in fact, exacerbated this particular incident, from the Chinese point of view." — Peter Jennings, confusing Clinton with Bush in an ABC News special, immediately after President Bush’s Rose Garden remarks about the release of Americans in China.

2008 presidential election. Media outlets were criticized for helping Barack Obama win the White House, while portraying the John McCain/Sarah Palin ticket as badly as possible.

"I would like to apologize for referring to George W. Bush as a "deserter." What I meant to say is that George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD liar and a functional illiterate."
Michael Moore

"Bush's actions remind me of Herman Goering's quote during the Nuremberg Trials, where he stated: '...it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.'" Barbra Streisand

This President invaded a sovereign nation in defiance of the UN. He is basically a war criminal. Honestly. He should be tried at The Hague. Rosie O'donnell

"While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward,"
Al Gore

"George W. Bush is evil. He is a terrorist. He is evil. He is arrogant. And he is out of control." Julianne Malveaux - USA Today columnist

“I despise him [President George W. Bush]. I despise his administration and everything they stand for....To my mind the election was stolen by George Bush and we have been suffering ever since under this man’s leadership....There has to be a movement now to really oppose what he is proposing because it’s unconstitutional, it’s immoral and basically illegal....It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It’s humiliating.”
Jessica Lange

Barbra Streisand

"George W Bush is like a bad comic working the crowd, a moron, if you'll pardon the expression," Martin Sheen

"Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas,"

"There's nothing you could point to in the Bush Administration with pride, Nothing. There is no way any rational, reasonable person can say that the Bush Administration has been good for America." Janeane Garofalo

"I am more patriotic than this president we have, who I consider a traitor of human and American principles.”
Sean Penn

"In two short years, George W. Bush has taught us what the 'W' stands for -- wrong. Wrong for our children, wrong for our parents, wrong for our values. Wrong, wrong, wrong for America."
John Edwards

"We stand a chance of getting a president who has probably killed more people before he gets into office than any president in the history of the United States."
Susan Sarandon

"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected— selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines," Alec Baldwin

"he sounds more like a gang leader in South-Central L.A. than one that is trying to institute a policy of democracy and reconstruction in the world." Al Sharpton

"President Bush is pushing the wrong buttons when he says, 'Those who are not with us, are against us,' " Soros said. "This is an imperialist vision in which the U.S. leads and the rest of the world follows." George Soros

Bruce Springsteen

"This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them "hawks", but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation's grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist." Woody Harrelson

"To start with, anti-Castro groups were vital in implementing the dirty business of the butterfly ballots ensuring Bush's victory at the 2000 elections," Oliver Stone

"The difference between Martin Sheen and George W. Bush is Martin Sheen is actually convincing when he acts like he's president." Paul Begala

Mike Wallace

"We all need to take a deep breath and think about being a Bush daughter and having that cross to bear. I'd go out and have a couple of drinks too," Julia Roberts

This was about oil. It wasn’t about human rights. It’s not about human rights....It is the Bush/Cheney cartel’s fault....Team Bush is more radically corrupt than Richard Nixon ever tried to be....It is, in fact, a conspiracy of the 43rd Reich.” janeane garofalo

"I think George Bush is such an embarrassment to America in the way that he doesn't take the rest of the world into consideration." Gwyneth Paltrow

"He is supposed to be America's president, but he's not my president, I didn't vote for him,"
Carlos Santana

"I never saw a clearer choice in my life," Baldwin said, describing the Bush administration as being "good at only two things: the economy — and by that I mean stimulating the Dow, stimulating corporate profits and the Dow — and waging war. And they basically screwed up both of them, or they're in the process of screwing up both of them." Alec Baldwin

"This week President Bush implemented a military tribunal ... which will make it easier for us to execute (people)." Danny Glover

"It's your money, says President Bush when he promotes tax cuts. I disagree with his tax policy but admire his spin." Bill Clinton

“Bush stole the elections and since then we have all been suffering the consequences,”
Jessica Lange

"I wasn't raised in George Bush's America, and I wouldn't be comfortable in it."
Richard Dreyfuss

“Bush says you’re either with us or against us. I don’t know who ‘us’ is. I say to Mr. Bush—this is what democracy looks like. We will not give our daughters and sons for a war for oil.” Susan Sarandon

President Bush is "a dull and rigid man ... whose philosophy is a jumble of badly sutured body parts trying to walk," who is running for president on a platform of tragedy.

In a blatant attempt to sway the upcoming Presidential elections, Dan Rather presented four forged documents highly critical of then President George W. Bush's service, during the Vietnam War, in the Texas Air National Guard . Dan Rather

You know those are mostly actors and musicians, right? You know that's not the news media right?

Maybe not... explains a lot. :cuckoo:

Thanks for playing the Cherrypicker of Fortune game and be sure to play the home version. Seconds of fun for the whole family.

Last edited:

Fact ?! You're Funny !

Michael Moore

Al Gore

Jessica Lange

Barbra Streisand

Sean Penn

John Edwards

Susan Sarandon

Bruce Springsteen

Mike Wallace

Carlos Santana

Jessica Lange

Richard Dreyfuss

:asshole:

You know those are mostly actors and musicians, right? You know that's not the news media right?

Maybe not... explains a lot. :cuckoo:

Thanks for playing the Cherrypicker of Fortune game and be sure to play the home version. Seconds of fun for the whole family.

Those are quoted FROM the media - and they are not all actors, However, even if they were, the lefts fondness and propensity for utilizing and promoting leftists celebrities is well documented. Go Fish

Forum List

Back