Paula Deen and Phil Robertson?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I get the feeling that the indoctrination by the public school and media tandem is running into some push-back.
Seems folks are tired of being told what they have to think....or suffer the pillorying of political correctness.

I opened my local newspaper this morn to find the following article. It is hard to miss the relationship between this and the Robertson situation...

1. "I’m letting Food Network go!

2. ...Paula Deen suffered humiliation, lost endorsements from Sears, JC Penney, KMart and Walgreens, saw her TV show on Food Network cancelled and her credibility as a good old southern lady flushed down the bowl, for a comment she made more than 20 years ago and one that she atoned for profusely,...

3. The executives at Food Network threw her under a bus quicker than a falling souffle right out of the oven and failed to renew her contract because the network did not tolerate “Discriminatory behavior.”

4. ... the case was thrown out of court by a federal judge on Aug. 13, 2013,...

5. ... here is where I find out how hypocritical the Food Network and its executives really are. ...a new show on its channel, “Nigellissima.” The program features chef Nigella Lawson demonstrating her take on Italian recipes.

6. Didn’t Nigella admit to using cocaine and smoking marijuana?...Is this what the Food Network sees as acceptable behavior? Admitted drug use. Where is the executive outrage? Where is the condemnation of the popular chef?

7. But I’m glad to say that Paula has had the last laugh. The discrimination case against her was thrown out of court, her fans still buy her books, frequent her restaurants, I’ve seen her guest on her son’s show, and she has repaired her reputation.

8. Not for Nuthin™ Food Network execs, but you cooked the wrong golden goose this time."
I?m letting Food Network go ? Brooklyn Daily

Looks to me as though there is the beginning of a pattern here....beginning of a revolt.....

Paula Deen made a single comment, to her husband, in the privacy of their own home and that over 20 years ago. For that she was to be severely punished.

The major difference between Paula Deen and Phil Robertson is that Paula Deen apologized and tried to make amends. She mad the rounds of all the talk shows apologizing over and over. She cried, she begged for forgiveness. It was natural for the race baiting industry to refuse to forgive her.

Phil Robertson told Barbra Walters to take a hike. He isn't apologizing. He isn't demeaning himself by making the rounds.

Paula Deen had stores refuse to sell her products. Do you see any stores refusing to sell Duck Commander or Buck Commander products? Paula Deen's products were bought by women, Duck Commander products are bought by hunters who don't take kindly to being told what to do by a bunch of fluffer baiters.

Paula Deen made a single comment, to her husband, in the privacy of their own home and that over 20 years ago. For that she was to be severely punished.

The major difference between Paula Deen and Phil Robertson is that Paula Deen apologized and tried to make amends. She mad the rounds of all the talk shows apologizing over and over. She cried, she begged for forgiveness. It was natural for the race baiting industry to refuse to forgive her.

Phil Robertson told Barbra Walters to take a hike. He isn't apologizing. He isn't demeaning himself by making the rounds.

Paula Deen had stores refuse to sell her products. Do you see any stores refusing to sell Duck Commander or Buck Commander products? Paula Deen's products were bought by women, Duck Commander products are bought by hunters who don't take kindly to being told what to do by a bunch of fluffer baiters.

I don't know Paula personally, but it seems the major difference is the beard.

The nexus is that both are being punished because they have infracted political correctness.

Although not a hunter, outside of shoe stores, I don't like being told what to think or say, either.
Kind of think of myself as one of Pavlov's cats.....

I'll tell you what. Any of these stations, sponsors that jump on the politically correct wagon, I am done with. There are plenty of competitors out there looking for business

The nexus is that both are being punished because they have infracted political correctness.

Although not a hunter, outside of shoe stores, I don't like being told what to think or say, either.

Both redneck wackos were punished because they violated a morals clause in their contracts with their respective networks. It's called personal responsibility.

I'll tell you what. Any of these stations, sponsors that jump on the politically correct wagon, I am done with. There are plenty of competitors out there looking for business

Good luck with that! With all of the mergers and acquisitions blindly rubber stamped during that last Bush you'll need to bring a playbook to the store.

The attack on Paula was unreal. The mother trucking bitch from hell said she would smear Deen to hell and back to get money.

The progressives helped her now didn't they?

I have all their names. Payback is a bitch. Just not ready yet. :)

The President himself bragged of smoking dope and snorting coke. You think the Left gives a flying fuck?

So the President has a morals clause in his contract?

Didn’t Nigella admit to using cocaine and smoking marijuana?...Is this what the Food Network sees as acceptable behavior? Admitted drug use. Where is the executive outrage? Where is the condemnation of the popular chef?

That's my point, Mr. $165 million portfolio. Now shut the fuck up.

Good luck with that! With all of the mergers and acquisitions blindly rubber stamped during that last Bush you'll need to bring a playbook to the store.

Kiss my ass.

Geithner just got a big cock sucking job on wall street you asshole. :lol: oh yeah democrats aren't into money oh noes........................lolololol................

The President himself bragged of smoking dope and snorting coke. You think the Left gives a flying fuck?

So the President has a morals clause in his contract?

Didn’t Nigella admit to using cocaine and smoking marijuana?...Is this what the Food Network sees as acceptable behavior? Admitted drug use. Where is the executive outrage? Where is the condemnation of the popular chef?

That's my point, Mr. $165 million portfolio. Now shut the fuck up.

Nigella has been a wannabe from the get go. And a mega stoner.

Secretary of the Treasury, under President Barack Obama, from 2009 to 2013. He was previously the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York from 2003 to 2009. He is currently writing a book about the response to the financial crisis of 2007–2008. In March 2014 he is to become president of Warburg Pincus, a Wall Street private equity firm.

Timothy Geithner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously you hadn't been watching, because that's not what happened at all. Maybe you were just occupied with shooting pot smokers in the face.

Deen's contract was not renewed because at the time that employment discrimination case was coming up. The Food Network looked at it and decided it would be more a liability to renew her than to drop her with that suit going on. THEN a deposition she gave mentioned the comment from 20 years ago or whatever the time period was.

It's nice to take facts and write fiction out of them. But it's not honest.

I get the feeling that the indoctrination by the public school and media tandem is running into some push-back.
Seems folks are tired of being told what they have to think....or suffer the pillorying of political correctness.

I opened my local newspaper this morn to find the following article. It is hard to miss the relationship between this and the Robertson situation...

1. "I’m letting Food Network go!

2. ...Paula Deen suffered humiliation, lost endorsements from Sears, JC Penney, KMart and Walgreens, saw her TV show on Food Network cancelled and her credibility as a good old southern lady flushed down the bowl, for a comment she made more than 20 years ago and one that she atoned for profusely,...

3. The executives at Food Network threw her under a bus quicker than a falling souffle right out of the oven and failed to renew her contract because the network did not tolerate “Discriminatory behavior.”

4. ... the case was thrown out of court by a federal judge on Aug. 13, 2013,...

5. ... here is where I find out how hypocritical the Food Network and its executives really are. ...a new show on its channel, “Nigellissima.” The program features chef Nigella Lawson demonstrating her take on Italian recipes.

6. Didn’t Nigella admit to using cocaine and smoking marijuana?...Is this what the Food Network sees as acceptable behavior? Admitted drug use. Where is the executive outrage? Where is the condemnation of the popular chef?

::click::
::click::
-- links not working but assuming this is true, how are coke and cannabis "discriminatory behaviour"?

7. But I’m glad to say that Paula has had the last laugh. The discrimination case against her was thrown out of court, her fans still buy her books, frequent her restaurants, I’ve seen her guest on her son’s show, and she has repaired her reputation.

Good for her.

So?

8. Not for Nuthin™ Food Network execs, but you cooked the wrong golden goose this time."

We'll never know. The Food Network at the time looked at the lawsuit and decided it would cost them more to renew PD than to keep her, so they exercised the option any Producer has and declined renewal. Just as A&E looked at the Robertson kerfuffle and decided he would cost more on the show than off, which is again their prerogative.

Don't run too far with the fantasy that either media corporation is exercising some kind of "conscience". It's about money in both cases -- what suits the corporate bottom line. It's always about money.

Looks to me as though there is the beginning of a pattern here....beginning of a revolt.....

Looks to me like comic book fantasy.

Both redneck wackos were punished because they violated a morals clause in their contracts with their respective networks. It's called personal responsibility.

What did their moral clause say?

In the case of Deen, the morals clause covers anything in her past?

What about the FN guy that took cocaine several years ago, how does that fit in with the morals clause?

Last edited:

They made the decision to go against their contracts.

Alec Baldwin did the same thing and got fired.

But, if you're an ignernt redneck trying to pass as a Christian, well, THAT's different.

Forum List

Back