I propose a change to the work week..

When you get to 50 years old you get a three day weekend, when you hit 60 years old you get a four day weekend. I will call it the Johnny Carson amendment .

Discuss

Does their pay scale to reflect a 40 hour week even though they only work 4 and 3 days a week or do they have to work longer days to compensate for that? If pay doesn't stay the same they will have to get a second job.

But if you suggest they get paid the same for doing less then who compensates the company for paying someone them for a 40 hour work week but only getting 24 hours of work out of them? Because then not only are they paying that person more money they also have to pay someone else to pick up their slack which further increases the companies cost.

If this ever became a thing in America you'd see a shit load of age discrimination cases happen as companies let people go that hit the age of 50.

Does their pay scale to reflect a 40 hour week even though they only work 4 and 3 days a week or do they have to work longer days to compensate for that? If pay doesn't stay the same they will have to get a second job.

But if you suggest they get paid the same for doing less then who compensates the company for paying someone them for a 40 hour work week but only getting 24 hours of work out of them? Because then not only are they paying that person more money they also have to pay someone else to pick up their slack which further increases the companies cost.

If this ever became a thing in America you'd see a shit load of age discrimination cases happen as companies let people go that hit the age of 50.
Thread.

When you get to 50 years old you get a three day weekend, when you hit 60 years old you get a four day weekend. I will call it the Johnny Carson amendment .

Discuss

You really can't do that for the reasons others posted. I will say I was always for a four day ten hour work week. Some people travel quite a ways to work and back, why not put in the extra two hours for a three day weekend every week? With days like Memorial day, a four day weekend.

I've talked to people who worked for companies that do it, and they claim everybody is much happier on that schedule than a five day week. It would make the environmentalists happy as well, one less day of rush hour. Plus for people that travel a ways to work, one less day of paying for gasoline.

It's a win-win really, but it would have to be led by government who usually doesn't address the pragmatic things in our country. I propose keeping daylight savings time year round, and everybody have a four day work week, five day work week if you normally work Saturdays.

Forum List

Back