I predict Picard will be total garbage

Kirk-Spock-McCoy made the first show interesting. After that, all characters in Star Trek were bland and uninteresting, except perhaps Data.

Quit whining like a big baby. Nobody is going to make you watch it.

They are raping a beloved franchise for cheap partisan points. Our disgust is completely called for.

They are fucking assholes, and deserve to be called on it.

You are an asshole too.

Picard has Vulcan servants working for him at the vineyard. Yay!

Styles haven't changed in 400 years. Picard is wearing a suit, only difference is the collar isn't turned down.

I liked Picard. Very gentlemanly. However....I am thoroughly tired of movies and shows bashing Trump. Sick of it. Even my husband, who is a die hard democrat, said he is sick of it. The man is POTUS. Deal with it and stfu, he says.

You do realize that a lot of Star Trek was allegory criticizing current events in America, right?

For instance, the TOS episode, "Let that be your last battlefield" mocked the pure stupidity of racism by presenting us with a pair of two-toned aliens, who hated each other because they were colored on opposite sides of their faces.

I forget the title of the episode, but there was also one about War Veterans who were enhanced to be super soldiers, but then exiled because they couldn't work their way back into society. A metaphor about how we've treated Vietnam Vets.

So are you just noticing that this is happening now?

Who gives a shit if there were some stupid confused Libtard writers for Star Trek? We see that stupid shit all the time out of Moon Bat Hollywood and it is disgusting. Kirk fucked a green Orion Slave Girl and kicked some alien ass. All is good.

The best episode was "City on the Edge of Forever". Kirk fucked a hottie and then let her die because she was a Peacenik.

So the issue is Romulan refugees after their star went supernova.

Not very subtle.

You guys can't seem to find shows that pander to your morality and ethics, because the characters that share them are always the bad guys that everyone enjoys watching get pasted.

You guys can't seem to find shows that pander to your morality and ethics, because the characters that share them are always the bad guys that everyone enjoys watching get pasted.
Maybe the media and Hollywood are dominated by liberals, and conservatives are blackballed.

Every think of that possibility?

Didn't the Klingon moon blow up, so this is the second time an enemy of the Federation has had their planet destroyed.

The last thing we need is another Star Trek show, especially one featuring Jean Luc Picard, a very boring character from the very boring Next Generation show.

These people are out of ideas. This is pure exploitation hoping to make money. Worse, it is on CBS ALL ACCESS like ST Discovery. That kills it right there. I became quite fond of The Orville ITMT on Fox. Now, I've heard they are taking that off television and moving it to Hulu. Oh well. Fuck 'em. I hope they lose their shirts doing that. I won't be manipulated like that. Want to put it on a steaming service? Fine, but put it on TV as well.

Hell will freeze over before I invest all kinds of money on more hardware and services and have to pay $44 a month to watch one TV show I used to see for free.

Too funny. A conservative whining about capitalism at work...

Forum List

Back