"I own an AR-15. If there's a natural disaster in South Carolina where cops can't protect me, i'll protect myself against gangs" - Lindsey Graham

If I want one just to hang in my rec room and admire, that's my damn business.

And if someone wants one to shoot up a school or supermarket, that’s his damned business

How many times in the last 40 years has an AR 15 been used in a mass shooting?

How many AR 15s are in private hands
Too many times

The carnage inflicted by an AR-15 with a large capacity magazine is horrific.
The rest of the world looks at us in shock and asks.....WTF aims the matter with the US?

Republicans offer up thoughts and prayers.
Too many times

Not much of an answer.

Once is "too many times", as far as that goes, but in the last 50 years, there have been less that 40 instances of AR 15s used in mass shootings, out of the 3,000,000+ currently in the hands of the civilian population.

While handguns have been the cause of death of 10s of thousands during that same period.

And if someone wants one to shoot up a school or supermarket, that’s his damned business

Too many times

The rest of the world looks at us in shock and asks.....WTF aims the matter with the US?

And keeping AR15's out of the hands of Law Abiders will resolve this exactly how?

People that need the weapon to satiate their appetites for destruction will just go to their local, independent and unlicensed gun dealer that operates out of the trunk of his car or the backroom of a local bar. Someone who doesn't do background checks at all.

How is this "better"?
Breaking my heart that you won’t have an AR-15 to hunt squirrels and shoot cans

No, its for self defense against multiple assailants, like the kind Al Pacino faced back in the day.

Too many times

Too many times

Not much of an answer.

Once is "too many times", as far as that goes, but in the last 50 years, there have been less that 40 instances of AR 15s used in mass shootings, out of the 3,000,000+ currently in the hands of the civilian population.

While handguns have been the cause of death of 10s of thousands during that same period.

Actually the number is closer to 30,000,000 AR-15s and a like number of other what the Moon Bats call "assault weapons".

The real mass shootings in this country are in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes where every night there are multiple shootings among the minority populations using cheap and stolen handguns.

Meanwhile my more than two dozen ARs and other semi automatic "assault weapons" just sit in my gun safe only to used for recreational and self defense purposes.

LOL Rambo of suburbia facing zombie like hordes of city people coming for their miracle whip and wonder bread. Why are Republican's gun arguments all like bad movie plots?

To be brutally-honest, if the shit did hit the fan, those AR and AK rifles would more than likely be used to take the weapons, food, and other supplies away from those "zombie hordes" that took from you in the first place.

You probably wouldn't be needing any of those things because you'd already be dead.
Another wet dream of AR and AK owners
Fighting off the Zombie Apocolypse

Lindsey will be there to help you
Your posts are little more than a series of personal attacks.

I have the Moon Bat on ignore because he is one of the Internet idiots that has no real convictions on anything but just likes to spread shit.

Actually, not. The Constitution gives you the right to keep and bear arms ... it does not give you the right to commit crimes with it.

Even the Supreme Court acknowledges that right is not unlimited and does not apply to military style weapons
I served in the Military and none of the weapons I fired can be bought at my local gun store or any gun store for that matter. The AR-15 has the same functionality as it .227 semi-auto Hunting rifle equivalent. You idiots have been duped into believing that cosmetics and accessories somehow make a firearm more deadly.

LOL Rambo of suburbia facing zombie like hordes of city people coming for their miracle whip and wonder bread. Why are Republican's gun arguments all like bad movie plots?
Because those are not 'republican arguments.' They are your straw men.

Straw men tend to be asinine - that is one of the main points of a straw man. Another is the inability to actually address the points.

Suppose someone is faced with a home invasion like Keanu Reeves was a few years back?

Just checking. You get that's a movie, right?

Are you a hyper-trained, living weapon like John Wick or Jason Bourne?

If so, I agree, don't call the cops.
so you think the cops could get there before damage is done to whoever is in a house unannounced? What are the odds you could even get to a phone to call?

Actually, not. The Constitution gives you the right to keep and bear arms ... it does not give you the right to commit crimes with it.

Even the Supreme Court acknowledges that right is not unlimited and does not apply to military style weapons
I served in the Military and none of the weapons I fired can be bought at my local gun store or any gun store for that matter. The AR-15 has the same functionality as it .227 semi-auto Hunting rifle equivalent. You idiots have been duped into believing that cosmetics and accessories somehow make a firearm more deadly.
And don't forget black. Leftwingers are terrified of big and black.

LOL.

Clearly you are cluless.

Show me where I am wrong.
Start with Heller

LOL.

Clearly you are cluless.

Start with Heller
Why would I start where you want me to considering you do not seem to understand the amendment. Miller has a pretty straight forward statement that addresses this:

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense. Aymette v. State of Tennessee, 2 Humph., Tenn., 154, 158.

The second amendment applies directly to 'military style' weapons.

LOL.

Clearly you are cluless.

Start with Heller
Why would I start where you want me to considering you do not seem to understand the amendment. Miller has a pretty straight forward statement that addresses this:

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense. Aymette v. State of Tennessee, 2 Humph., Tenn., 154, 158.

The problem is, the legislature is not doing their Job.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

LOL.

Clearly you are cluless.

Start with Heller

Heller affirms the right of the Government to restrict access to certain weapons

LOL.

Clearly you are cluless.

Start with Heller

Heller affirms the right of the Government to restrict access to certain weapons
Only the unorganized militia complain about gun control laws. Well regulated militia of the United States may not be infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for the security needs of their State or the Union.

LOL.

Clearly you are cluless.

Start with Heller

The government has no such right. What part of "shall not be abridged" don't you understand?

meh an Ar 15 chambered for 5.56 mm rounds isn't my first choice.

I'll use my Ruger chambered for 7.62 mm instead.

And FYI it's not an "assault " rifle

he's not paranoid at all!

CheeryInnocentBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

Forum List

Back