I miss the NBA

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Basketball was my favorite major sport growing up. I watched and followed the NBA all throughout my life. I watched as..
- The Fall of the 80's Bird Celtics and Magic Lakers
- The Bad Boy Pistons rose
- The MJ Bulls took over for a three peat to start the 90's
- The Rockets had the "heart of a champion" back to back
- The MJ Bulls returned for another 3-peat
- The Spurs dynasty began going into the 2000's
- The Shaq/Kobe Lakers exploded for a 3-peat
- The Lakers and Spurs dominated the late 2000's,
- The rise of Lebron James on the Cavs and then to the Heat for 2 championships
- The sudden explosion of the Golden State Warriors
- Cavs vs. Warriors in the Finals for 4 straight years

It's been quite a ride. However, despite a lot of star player partnerships and super team building... things that are so interesting, the NBA has become so politically activist that it's simply unpalatable. Especially what they've decided so fully support, and then turn and lecture the sports population about. Black Lives Matter... and what they've chosen to ignore, the Chinese CCP.

BLM is a divisive group by nature. Its creed is exclusionary. No, we don't want unity for all, we want only blacks to get what they're owed. It's a tribalist notion that feeds the massive amount of racism that is exploding from the left right now. Yet, it's supported by massive corporations even though they claim to denounce such things. They are tied to a strong correlation of violence, fascism, marxist principles, and totalitarianism. They admit much of it in their own literature.

Meanwhile, the CCP is committing the worst human rights violations by a major power we've seen in awhile, at least that is out in the open that we know of. Concentration camps, forced sterilization, etc. Yet, the NBA is fully comfortable doing business with this government, and they have many affiliates who ignore these obvious immoralities while at the same time hypersensitive to their conspiracies about Donald Trump.

I can't watch anymore, consciously or unconsciously. What I mean by that is, I thought I would stop watching but still have this itch. However, the nature of their political ideology is so repulsive, I don't itch to watch it. And I'm not alone. Their ratings have dropped massively since their BLM lectures and posturing. I'm sure they view it as a virtuous representation of how horrible all those who stopped watching are... But that's simply what anyone can do if they fail.

I wish I could turn on the NBA again to only watch basketball. To forget about all the drama, politics, ideologies, anger, and borderline hatred of white culture. That isn't the case, so, I no longer watch. I hold hope that one day we can get back to sports, but today is not that day.

Basketball was my favorite major sport growing up. I watched and followed the NBA all throughout my life. I watched as..

It's been quite a ride. However, despite a lot of star player partnerships and super team building... things that are so interesting, the NBA has become so politically activist that it's simply unpalatable. Especially what they've decided so fully support, and then turn and lecture the sports population about. Black Lives Matter... and what they've chosen to ignore, the Chinese CCP.

BLM is a divisive group by nature. Its creed is exclusionary. No, we don't want unity for all, we want only blacks to get what they're owed. It's a tribalist notion that feeds the massive amount of racism that is exploding from the left right now. Yet, it's supported by massive corporations even though they claim to denounce such things. They are tied to a strong correlation of violence, fascism, marxist principles, and totalitarianism. They admit much of it in their own literature.

Meanwhile, the CCP is committing the worst human rights violations by a major power we've seen in awhile, at least that is out in the open that we know of. Concentration camps, forced sterilization, etc. Yet, the NBA is fully comfortable doing business with this government, and they have many affiliates who ignore these obvious immoralities while at the same time hypersensitive to their conspiracies about Donald Trump.

I can't watch anymore, consciously or unconsciously. What I mean by that is, I thought I would stop watching but still have this itch. However, the nature of their political ideology is so repulsive, I don't itch to watch it. And I'm not alone. Their ratings have dropped massively since their BLM lectures and posturing. I'm sure they view it as a virtuous representation of how horrible all those who stopped watching are... But that's simply what anyone can do if they fail.

I wish I could turn on the NBA again to only watch basketball. To forget about all the drama, politics, ideologies, anger, and borderline hatred of white culture. That isn't the case, so, I no longer watch. I hold hope that one day we can get back to sports, but today is not that day.
The main heartache is seeing all these black NBA players who are so oppressed. How America kept them down and stopped them from living their dreams. Terrible.

How brainwashed libturds are. Lol

It lacks star power, and is nothing like the Bird/Magic era, or the MJ era. Today's greatest player for the past decade, Lebron James, is a great player who has been on bad teams, with the exception of the Heat, which were not an exciting team to watch. Maybe the best team in the NBA now is Brooklyn, which is headed by three sullen prima donna's, the kind of guys you root against, not for.

It has been largely unwatchable for me for the past 15 years, except for the Finals. And this 'load management" crap where the stars sit out games is another reason I barely watch.

I miss when the Knicks were good. I was a big fan of Phil Jackson, when he was a player.

f33f0a07d1887d66171321070841c00ee7-17-phil-jackson-knicks.rsquare.w700.jpg

It lacks star power, and is nothing like the Bird/Magic era, or the MJ era. Today's greatest player for the past decade, Lebron James, is a great player who has been on bad teams, with the exception of the Heat, which were not an exciting team to watch. Maybe the best team in the NBA now is Brooklyn, which is headed by three sullen prima donna's, the kind of guys you root against, not for.

It has been largely unwatchable for me for the past 15 years, except for the Finals. And this 'load management" crap where the stars sit out games is another reason I barely watch.

I disagree that there's no stars. I can understand not liking how much of Divas they are, but don't let that fool you as far as talent. Lebron, Durant, Curry, Giannis, Harden, Luka... These guys are all-time greats in any generation.

I disagree that there's no stars. I can understand not liking how much of Divas they are, but don't let that fool you as far as talent. Lebron, Durant, Curry, Giannis, Harden, Luka... These guys are all-time greats in any generation.

Stars are only interesting when there are others to counter them. Jordan always had counterparts from the West that made all of his 6 Finals series interesting to watch. Bird and Magic had each other. I like Lebron, and I like Curry, and am really liking Luka, Giannis needs work, but physically, he is a freak, but am decidedly lukewarm on all of them except LJ and Curry.

Jordan always had counterparts from the West that made all of his 6 Finals series interesting to watch.

I have to call BS on that. The Jordan Bulls faced very weak competition histocally in their finals appearances.. They faced
- A geriatric Lakers team
- A very good but not great Drexler Blazers
- A very good but not great Barkley Suns
- A historically average Kemp Sonics team
- A good but never great Malone/Stockton Jazz team twice.

After the first title, Jordan never faced another team that won a title. That's a large knock on Jordan's GOAT claims. He played in a post 80's vacuum when all the legendary teams had already fallen.

Compare that to Cavs vs. Warriors, and it's not even close. Lebron had to face an actual historic, championship team with multiple MVP's in their prime. Jordan never had to.

I miss when the Knicks were good. I was a big fan of Phil Jackson, when he was a player.

I wasn’t a big fan of Phil Jackson the coach or the GM (I’m a knick fan)

The guy was unequivocally the biggest douchebag I’ve ever witnessed in the sport.

Furthermore those Knick championship teams had hall of fame players on it. PJax was a mere role player.

The social justice crap ever commercial does get annoying, not going to lie. But the way the game is officiated is really what’s turning me off. Players are fishing for foul calls making a mockery of the rules the whole game instead of actually playing basketball. It’s a disgrace

The social justice crap ever commercial does get annoying, not going to lie. But the way the game is officiated is really what’s turning me off. Players are fishing for foul calls making a mockery of the rules the whole game instead of actually playing basketball. It’s a disgrace

On that we can also agree, good catch.

If refs are to continue to be instructed to be purposefully stupid, and we still get nothing but constant pretend-shots and obvious lean-in non-shots just to get to the line... it's not a fun product to watch.

That doesn't even touch my desire for the 3 point line to be back a foot and a half. 2 teams jacking up 20-30 3's a game is also not a good product.

I wasn’t a big fan of Phil Jackson the coach or the GM (I’m a knick fan) The guy was unequivocally the biggest douchebag I’ve ever witnessed in the sport. Furthermore those Knick championship teams had hall of fame players on it. PJax was a mere role player.
First big man off the bench. Don't see why you only have to like the stars. He was a defensive beast only played about half the game and often fouled out anyway. We called him Action Jackson and loved him.

On that we can also agree, good catch.

If refs are to continue to be instructed to be purposefully stupid, and we still get nothing but constant pretend-shots and obvious lean-in non-shots just to get to the line... it's not a fun product to watch.

That doesn't even touch my desire for the 3 point line to be back a foot and a half. 2 teams jacking up 20-30 3's a game is also not a good product.

Yeah these plays where jump shooters initiate contact and get rewarded for it is a joke. Adam silver makes all these stupid changes and he ignores the most obvious change that needs to be made.

Last edited:

I wasn’t a big fan of Phil Jackson the coach or the GM (I’m a knick fan) The guy was unequivocally the biggest douchebag I’ve ever witnessed in the sport. Furthermore those Knick championship teams had hall of fame players on it. PJax was a mere role player.
First big man off the bench. Don't see why you only have to like the stars. He was a defensive beast only played about half the game and often fouled out anyway. We called him Action Jackson and loved him.

I’m just saying it’s a weird player to single out on those great knick teams. Career average of 4 pts a game on .450 shooting.

I still watch my struggling Celtics. :(

Ah yes! Well do I remember the days of the Celts whose home games were broadcast on the local radio station where I started my career in Broadcasting. Johnny Most did the play-by-play. Very good descriptions of the play though somewhat tainted by home-town-bias. He did a pre-game show which the local station couldn't afford to pay for so part of my job was to listen to it off the network and repeat it word-for-word. Probably illegal but at my age then it seemed acceptable.

But those days are behind us all.

In time you'll come to appreciate the NEW NBA: National Basketweaver's Association.

A Democrat charitable group whose members believe that third world countries live in perpetual shortage of well-woven wicker baskets. They gather weekly (with appropriated masking and social distancing) to weave environmentally sound natural baskets which are intended for the people of those benighted lands FREE.

Unfortunately the baskets are piling up in a squat in New York City as the group cannot agree on an environmentally sound means of transporting them.

I'd ask that you pray for them but proceed with caution as any of you caught praying might find yourself "doxxed"; your children assaulted if allowed out in public and obscenities spray painted on your home and vehicle.

The league is overrated. Players form super teams or near many of the same teams are competitive to get to conference championships with a team or two slipping into the power class for awhile then drop out. The league needs to contract in numbers at least several teams to start. It needs to restrict the number of free agents a team can sign. It is bad when you can almost guarantee and name 25 teams that will not win the championship year in and year out. And many of thee teams might never get a sniff ever.

You nailed it Flash.the three major sports baseball basketball and football are all great sports even though I hate basketball myself,but all three are corrupt cartel organizations,fuck them all. Get some other leagues formed for those 3 great sports,get rid of those 3 corrupt cartels.

Last edited:
Ewww,yuck I hate basketball. That’s exactly what has happened to the great sports of baseball and football as well.Attendance fir MLB is at an all time low and NFL stadiums attendance is bad also,not all of them but a lot of them.that was unheard of in in decades past even fir teams that were horrible.what is happening to ALL NFL teams though is viewership is at an all time low for every NFL team. Sunday night and Monday night football games,the Neilson ratings for them have tanked major big time the last five years worse and worse each year. Everyone in the country sees what a corrupt cartel the NFL has become.there is a major awakening.

This year, so far anyways, it doesn't look like the Lakers are going to dominate the league. And if Kyree Irving doesn't come back, doesn't look like the Nets are going to walk away with a championship either.

It comes down to two men if you ask me. Kyree Irving and Anthony Davis. If either of them play like the stars they are, their team should win the NBA championship.

Should be an interesting year.

Forum List

Back