I miss the NBA

Basketball was my favorite major sport growing up. I watched and followed the NBA all throughout my life. I watched as..
- The Fall of the 80's Bird Celtics and Magic Lakers
- The Bad Boy Pistons rose
- The MJ Bulls took over for a three peat to start the 90's
- The Rockets had the "heart of a champion" back to back
- The MJ Bulls returned for another 3-peat
- The Spurs dynasty began going into the 2000's
- The Shaq/Kobe Lakers exploded for a 3-peat
- The Lakers and Spurs dominated the late 2000's,
- The rise of Lebron James on the Cavs and then to the Heat for 2 championships
- The sudden explosion of the Golden State Warriors
- Cavs vs. Warriors in the Finals for 4 straight years

It's been quite a ride. However, despite a lot of star player partnerships and super team building... things that are so interesting, the NBA has become so politically activist that it's simply unpalatable. Especially what they've decided so fully support, and then turn and lecture the sports population about. Black Lives Matter... and what they've chosen to ignore, the Chinese CCP.

BLM is a divisive group by nature. Its creed is exclusionary. No, we don't want unity for all, we want only blacks to get what they're owed. It's a tribalist notion that feeds the massive amount of racism that is exploding from the left right now. Yet, it's supported by massive corporations even though they claim to denounce such things. They are tied to a strong correlation of violence, fascism, marxist principles, and totalitarianism. They admit much of it in their own literature.

Meanwhile, the CCP is committing the worst human rights violations by a major power we've seen in awhile, at least that is out in the open that we know of. Concentration camps, forced sterilization, etc. Yet, the NBA is fully comfortable doing business with this government, and they have many affiliates who ignore these obvious immoralities while at the same time hypersensitive to their conspiracies about Donald Trump.

I can't watch anymore, consciously or unconsciously. What I mean by that is, I thought I would stop watching but still have this itch. However, the nature of their political ideology is so repulsive, I don't itch to watch it. And I'm not alone. Their ratings have dropped massively since their BLM lectures and posturing. I'm sure they view it as a virtuous representation of how horrible all those who stopped watching are... But that's simply what anyone can do if they fail.

I wish I could turn on the NBA again to only watch basketball. To forget about all the drama, politics, ideologies, anger, and borderline hatred of white culture. That isn't the case, so, I no longer watch. I hold hope that one day we can get back to sports, but today is not that day.
You missed another dynasty in your list. The 2004 Pistons. We came very close to winning back to back and we dominated the East for 7 years. Rip, Chauncey, both Wallaces and Tayshawn Prince. Tough ass team.

Basketball was my favorite major sport growing up. I watched and followed the NBA all throughout my life. I watched as..
  • The Fall of the 80's Bird Celtics and Magic Lakers
  • The Bad Boy Pistons rose
  • The MJ Bulls took over for a three peat to start the 90's
  • The Rockets had the "heart of a champion" back to back
  • The MJ Bulls returned for another 3-peat
  • The Spurs dynasty began going into the 2000's
  • The Shaq/Kobe Lakers exploded for a 3-peat
  • The Lakers and Spurs dominated the late 2000's,
  • The rise of Lebron James on the Cavs and then to the Heat for 2 championships
  • The sudden explosion of the Golden State Warriors
  • Cavs vs. Warriors in the Finals for 4 straight years

It's been quite a ride. However, despite a lot of star player partnerships and super team building... things that are so interesting, the NBA has become so politically activist that it's simply unpalatable. Especially what they've decided so fully support, and then turn and lecture the sports population about. Black Lives Matter... and what they've chosen to ignore, the Chinese CCP.

BLM is a divisive group by nature. Its creed is exclusionary. No, we don't want unity for all, we want only blacks to get what they're owed. It's a tribalist notion that feeds the massive amount of racism that is exploding from the left right now. Yet, it's supported by massive corporations even though they claim to denounce such things. They are tied to a strong correlation of violence, fascism, marxist principles, and totalitarianism. They admit much of it in their own literature.

Meanwhile, the CCP is committing the worst human rights violations by a major power we've seen in awhile, at least that is out in the open that we know of. Concentration camps, forced sterilization, etc. Yet, the NBA is fully comfortable doing business with this government, and they have many affiliates who ignore these obvious immoralities while at the same time hypersensitive to their conspiracies about Donald Trump.

I can't watch anymore, consciously or unconsciously. What I mean by that is, I thought I would stop watching but still have this itch. However, the nature of their political ideology is so repulsive, I don't itch to watch it. And I'm not alone. Their ratings have dropped massively since their BLM lectures and posturing. I'm sure they view it as a virtuous representation of how horrible all those who stopped watching are... But that's simply what anyone can do if they fail.

I wish I could turn on the NBA again to only watch basketball. To forget about all the drama, politics, ideologies, anger, and borderline hatred of white culture. That isn't the case, so, I no longer watch. I hold hope that one day we can get back to sports, but today is not that day.
Again, you don't like blacks speaking out about black people being treated like 2nd class citizens.

Did you see they just aquitted the cop who shot the little boy who called 911? The little black boy called 911, then when he walked out of the house as the cop told him to do, the cop shot him. Thank god he survived.

But why did the jury not convict the cop? Why did he shoot the little boy? I'll tell you why. Fear of a black man. You probably deny that's a thing. Because you're a racist.

Forum List

Back