I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

Are you interested at all to hear what Mik and Bolton and Pompeo have to say about the situation?
Not really. Nor am I interested in what Guliani has to say. He makes all these claims of documents, yet none of them seem to be published or even forwarded to the USAG.

The case for impeachment by the Democrats is listed in the Articles along with what evidence and testimony that have.

That is ALL that is allowed now. That is how the process works.
the process works however the senate wants it to work. They could vote to dismiss right now if they wanted but they won’t because the public would crucify them. It will be their call if not allowing the pursuit of documents and testimony that the house was blocked from will be a good move or not. I personally think it makes it look like they are hiding from the truth

Actually, most of us Trump supporters did want Mitch to throw it out in one hour. He's giving the Democrats some slack here, and all they do is cry about it. The commies want to run the Senate as well as the House. Too bad.
I get that. Yall like to play childish gotchya games and troll people on forums so I’m not surprised that you don’t support or respect a smart honest and fair procedure

What's not fair and honest about it? The commies made the charge, called their witnesses, concluded their inquiry with an impeachment, and now the Senate gets to vote on it. Sounds pretty fair to me. It's not unfair for the Republicans to not continue their witch hunt, or allow them to drag this on for months???? Sorry, again, it's the Senate's call now. It's their hearing, and they run it as they see fit.
wrong again Ray the senate doesn’t just get to vote on it, they have the constitutional responsibility to hold a trial.

Not really. Nor am I interested in what Guliani has to say. He makes all these claims of documents, yet none of them seem to be published or even forwarded to the USAG.

The case for impeachment by the Democrats is listed in the Articles along with what evidence and testimony that have.

the process works however the senate wants it to work. They could vote to dismiss right now if they wanted but they won’t because the public would crucify them. It will be their call if not allowing the pursuit of documents and testimony that the house was blocked from will be a good move or not. I personally think it makes it look like they are hiding from the truth

Actually, most of us Trump supporters did want Mitch to throw it out in one hour. He's giving the Democrats some slack here, and all they do is cry about it. The commies want to run the Senate as well as the House. Too bad.
I get that. Yall like to play childish gotchya games and troll people on forums so I’m not surprised that you don’t support or respect a smart honest and fair procedure

What's not fair and honest about it? The commies made the charge, called their witnesses, concluded their inquiry with an impeachment, and now the Senate gets to vote on it. Sounds pretty fair to me. It's not unfair for the Republicans to not continue their witch hunt, or allow them to drag this on for months???? Sorry, again, it's the Senate's call now. It's their hearing, and they run it as they see fit.
wrong again Ray the senate doesn’t just get to vote on it, they have the constitutional responsibility to hold a trial.
They can handle it anyway they want. The Constitution doesn’t spell out how they have to do it.

You lose again, Hack.

That’s not what I’m hearing... they think they have enough. But they also want more, why wouldn’t they want more?. They want the stuff Trump blocked them from getting. Can you blame them?

Yes I can. EVERY president we've had has blocked congress from shit they wanted. Executive Privilege. Look it up. They could have gone to court and the court decides what witnesses/documents Trump's administration has to give up. But they're in a fucking hurry because ELECTION! If he gets elected, they know they are fucked for another 4 years.

They said the evidence was OVERWHELMING. Why would they need more. Look up the definition of OVERWHELM. I posted it above. Go read it. They impeached him based on the evidence they gathered. That should be MORE than enough. They are looking for discovery in a trial. They should have done all of the discovery in the inquiry in the house. That's ass backwards and it's only because more shit keeps coming forward. Kinda like the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing. Dribble, dribble, dribble. They figured they could get around the courts by having the Senate do the job of the house and that's BULLSHIT.

Don't be fooled so easily. Look at it objectively.

Trump wasn't even allowed to defend himself in the House Impeachment Inquiry. Why should he give up anyFUCKINGthing.

Would you participate in your own impeachment if YOU couldn't defend yourself?
You’ve got to be joking!! Yes all presidents invoke privilege, as they should, but none have even come close to what Trump is doing. We aren’t talking about private strategy meetings or national security issues. We are talking about state department business, transcripts, complaints made by staffers to attornens and a slew of other relevant pieces to this situation.

Sigh...

Don't be duped. There is a process to get relevant data. You have to use the court system. That's the way it works and for good reason. Otherwise the only branch of Government that would count is Congress. They would (and they often do) abuse the subpoena process.

Wake the fuck up.
Don't be duped. There is a process to get relevant data. You have to use the court system. That's the way it works and for good reason. Otherwise the only branch of Government that would count is Congress. They would (and they often do) abuse the subpoena process.

Wake the fuck up.

The House has the sole power of impeachment.
The Senate has the sole power to try the case.
Nowhere does the judiciary have authority over either.

You should take your own advice, super duper.

The case isn't "tried" in the senate. The trial was in the impeachment process in the house. The impeachment goes to the senate for the senators to act as judges and pass judgment either for or against removal. Go read up on some stuff, please. And it's not a TRIAL, it's an impeachment process with the house and senate having designated roles.

If the president claims executive privilege for subpoenas from the house it goes to the court. We have three branches. Count them. One, two, three. All other presidents have claimed EP in the past (every fucking one of them back to Washington) and it always goes to the court for a decision on whether or not they have to comply.\

Fuck, you think we live in a democratic democracy. You have a long way to go. Please start by hitting the books on the federalist papers if you don't want to look foolish.
NOPE!

the House acts as prosecutors and grand juries, they investigate and decide if high crimes and misdemeanors have met a ''probable cause'' burden needed, in order to place charges.

the Senate tries the defendant, acting as jurors and judges.

the Senate is where all evidence supporting the charges is presented and given to them, and all exculpatory evidence the defense team may have, gets presented and turned over as well.There is no rule that it has to only be evidence the House collected before the impeachment vote.

(no prosecutor stops collecting evidence after he has charged a person, he continues to collect new evidence and submits it thru the trial)

the Senate has a much greater burden than the House with their votes, because the senators can only convict with the standard of ''BEYOND a reasonable doubt'' not simply a ''probable cause'' like the House.

the trial stage is where even more evidence needs presented in order to reach that much higher burden of proof, to convict.

Holding material evidence back is not what happens in trials, presenting all the evidence you got and some, is needed by both sides, in order for Senators to get to the truth, and make their impartial, fair, just, and sound verdict.

Last edited:
Yes I can. EVERY president we've had has blocked congress from shit they wanted. Executive Privilege. Look it up. They could have gone to court and the court decides what witnesses/documents Trump's administration has to give up. But they're in a fucking hurry because ELECTION! If he gets elected, they know they are fucked for another 4 years.

They said the evidence was OVERWHELMING. Why would they need more. Look up the definition of OVERWHELM. I posted it above. Go read it. They impeached him based on the evidence they gathered. That should be MORE than enough. They are looking for discovery in a trial. They should have done all of the discovery in the inquiry in the house. That's ass backwards and it's only because more shit keeps coming forward. Kinda like the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing. Dribble, dribble, dribble. They figured they could get around the courts by having the Senate do the job of the house and that's BULLSHIT.

Don't be fooled so easily. Look at it objectively.

Trump wasn't even allowed to defend himself in the House Impeachment Inquiry. Why should he give up anyFUCKINGthing.

Would you participate in your own impeachment if YOU couldn't defend yourself?
You’ve got to be joking!! Yes all presidents invoke privilege, as they should, but none have even come close to what Trump is doing. We aren’t talking about private strategy meetings or national security issues. We are talking about state department business, transcripts, complaints made by staffers to attornens and a slew of other relevant pieces to this situation.

Sigh...

Wake the fuck up.

Wake the fuck up.

The case isn't "tried" in the senate. The trial was in the impeachment process in the house. The impeachment goes to the senate for the senators to act as judges and pass judgment either for or against removal. Go read up on some stuff, please. And it's not a TRIAL, it's an impeachment process with the house and senate having designated roles.

If the president claims executive privilege for subpoenas from the house it goes to the court. We have three branches. Count them. One, two, three. All other presidents have claimed EP in the past (every fucking one of them back to Washington) and it always goes to the court for a decision on whether or not they have to comply.\

Fuck, you think we live in a democratic democracy. You have a long way to go. Please start by hitting the books on the federalist papers if you don't want to look foolish.
NOPE!

the House acts as prosecutors and grand juries, they investigate and decide if high crimes and misdemeanors have met a ''probable cause'' burden needed, in order to place charges.

the Senate is where all evidence supporting the charges is presented and given to them, and all exculpatory evidence the defense team may have, gets presented and turned over as well.There is no rule that it has to only be evidence the House collected before the impeachment vote.

the Senate has a much greater burden than the House with their votes, because the senators can only convict with the standard of ''BEYOND a reasonable doubt'' not simply a ''probable cause'' like the House.

the trial stage is where even more evidence needs presented in order to reach that much higher burden of proof, to convict.

Holding material evidence back is not what happens in trials, presenting all the evidence you got and some, is needed by both sides, in order for Senators to get to the truth, and make their impartial, fair, just, and sound verdict.
The Senate is holding no material evidence back.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
The time to gather facts, witnesses, and documents was when it was in the House.

In the Senate, they are allowed ONLY the witnesses, documents, and facts (yeah, I snickered a bit there) that they put together for the Articles of Impeachment.

The fact-finding and cross-examination by the Democrats is over.

Now it is Trump's turn, if the Senate votes to allow it.

Otherwise, the Dems make their case based upon what they have. Nothing more, nothing less.
Are you interested at all to hear what Mik and Bolton and Pompeo have to say about the situation?

The way your boy McConnell is running this trial is taken right out of Stalin & Putin's playbook. Enjoy.

The time to gather facts, witnesses, and documents was when it was in the House.

In the Senate, they are allowed ONLY the witnesses, documents, and facts (yeah, I snickered a bit there) that they put together for the Articles of Impeachment.

The fact-finding and cross-examination by the Democrats is over.

Now it is Trump's turn, if the Senate votes to allow it.

Otherwise, the Dems make their case based upon what they have. Nothing more, nothing less.

The way your boy McConnell is running this trial is taken right out of Stalin & Putin's playbook. Enjoy.
Same rules used in the Clinton trial.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

You didn't watch the House impeachment did you? What the democrats are getting now is exactly what they gave to the Republican's. The house impeachment was 100% one sided in favor of the democrats who decided they were going to impeach Trump before he took office. It's was quite a show. They are also trying desperately to hide the fact Biden confessed on camera to Quid pro Quo and extortion of the Ukrainian government by withholding US aid until the prosecutor looking into Burisma, the company Biden's unqualified son was working for and getting paid $50,000.00 a month to sit on it's board.

Are the Republican's worried about the Truth? I think they are more concerned with getting Trump re-elected.

The real question is, was Trump looking for the truth when he requested the investigation into the Biden's and Burisma be reopened? Yes. He saw the video,Obama didn't do anything and he was the next seated President after Obama. Trump was within his right to ask for this obvious corruption and abuse of power to be investigated. If he is allowed to continue to investigate Biden and son you will find out it's money laundering of tax payer dollars, it's been going on for a while and it will lead right back to the DNC and probably a some Republicans too. Judging by the response of the Democrats to Trumps investigation their stake in this is higher. To say Biden can't be investigated because he is now a political candidate is to say because he's a political candidate Biden is above the law. The Impeachment was decided in 2016 and the conclusion which is equally as decided is he will be acquitted by the Senate.

Sigh...

Wake the fuck up.

Wake the fuck up.

w
NOPE!

The Senate is holding no material evidence back.
we'll see.... McConnell's rules state they have to vote on it all, one by one...

The House Managers are doing awesome job of explaining it, I can't see how any republican can dismiss an impeachment of abuse of office and obstruction of congress and removal of office.
Nadler did an excellent job tonight confirming Barry and Biden extorted the previous Ukraine PM...

You didn't watch the House impeachment did you? What the democrats are getting now is exactly what they gave to the Republican's. The house impeachment was 100% one sided in favor of the democrats who decided they were going to impeach Trump before he took office. It's was quite a show. They are also trying desperately to hide the fact Biden confessed on camera to Quid pro Quo and extortion of the Ukrainian government by withholding US aid until the prosecutor looking into Burisma, the company Biden's unqualified son was working for and getting paid $50,000.00 a month to sit on it's board.

Are the Republican's worried about the Truth? I think they are more concerned with getting Trump re-elected.

The real question is, was Trump looking for the truth when he requested the investigation into the Biden's and Burisma be reopened? Yes. He saw the video,Obama didn't do anything and he was the next seated President after Obama. Trump was within his right to ask for this obvious corruption and abuse of power to be investigated. If he is allowed to continue to investigate Biden and son you will find out it's money laundering of tax payer dollars, it's been going on for a while and it will lead right back to the DNC and probably a some Republicans too. Judging by the response of the Democrats to Trumps investigation their stake in this is higher. To say Biden can't be investigated because he is now a political candidate is to say because he's a political candidate Biden is above the law. The Impeachment was decided in 2016 and the conclusion which is equally as decided is he will be acquitted by the Senate.
I don’t care much for the tit for tat excuse. There were things that the Dems did in the house that were not cool. But that doesn’t mean the Reps in the senate should pull the same crap. At some point people in charge need to act like grown ups and just do the right thing.

The House Managers are doing awesome job of explaining it, I can't see how any republican can dismiss an impeachment of abuse of office and obstruction of congress and removal of office.
Nadler did an excellent job tonight confirming Barry and Biden extorted the previous Ukraine PM...
How do you feel about Biden and Obama’s extortion? Should they have been impeached? Arrested?

How do you feel about Biden and Obama’s extortion? Should they have been impeached? Arrested?
According to Nadler and Democrats the extortion of a Ukraine PM is an Impeachable offense. Biden confessed & he and Nadler confirmed Biden was following Barry's order...

Nadler, again, opened the door for the WH Counsel to bring up Hunter and Joe's scandals...

I would definitely play Joe's videotaped confession in the Senate... :p

You just keep repeating this same BS over and over. There are 10 probably right ways to do it and one wrong way. Rump decided on the wrong way and he is in deep crap over it. If he thought that Biden was guilty of what you claim, he had the entire Justice System to look into it. He already knew that they already did look into and came up zero. So he concocts a BS story and goes for it behind closed doors. Biden did his job for the President, the Congress and the United States in a way that any real Statesman would feel proud to see. Rump did his job in such a way that any Mafia Don would be proud to see.

" Serious allegations have been made against Trump, and the Senate needs to hear all the evidence to conduct a fair and impartial trial. The American public deserves to hear the evidence about allegations of interference in the 2020 election. The Oval Office and US foreign policy should not be manipulated or used for personal political gain. Witnesses and evidence will bring further clarity about whether this was a deep and coordinated effort." - Marvelous Maria Cantwell, Senator From Washington State

You want a serious accusation well here's a serious accusation for you. The democrats are attempting by illegal, unconstitutional and just plain wrong means and methods to overthrow the president of the United States with a phoney impeachment and by doing so illegally seizing control of the United States of America itself. This action is nothing short of outright treason punishable by death.
Now how's that for a serious accusation, asshole?
Incorrect.

Nadler, again, opened the door for the WH Counsel to bring up Hunter and Joe's scandals...

I would definitely play Joe's videotaped confession in the Senate... :p
There are no such scandals.

I don’t need to abandon anything. You made a horrible point. Executive priv gets enforced to questions and documents that cross that line. It does not get used to completely ignore subpoenas.
The only thing about my point that is 'horrible' is the fact that you don't like that I pointed out how Barry used the same Executive Privilege when he ordered then US AG Holder to refuse to release documents regarding Fast and Furious, that Democrats and snowflakes defended that use of Executive Privilege, but now you bitch and whine about it because this time it doe NOT benefit the Democrats.

Forget 'Executive Privilege' and the House Impeachment Manager's demand for more 'fishing' for something that MIGHT exist - it is all irrelevant and a complete distraction...

The House voted to Impeach the US President based on their already existing case - existing information they had / have. The U Senate is now asking the Democrats / House to present THAT case, THAT information - the case / information that was their foundation / justification for Impeaching the President.

THAT case, THAT evidence either warrants / justifies Impeachment or it does NOT.

WHY are the House Democrats refusing to present THAT case, THAT information?
They are presenting that case. The docs and witnesses they are asking for are just further credible accounts of what happened. We should all want to see it. You especially because it would vindicate trump without the appearance of the cover up which it currently looks like he is doing.

The problem here is that the witnesses will not vindicate trump.

That's not true. The "star witnesses" in the House already vindicated Trump.

And Trump doesn't have to vindicate himself. The House has to prove he was guilty of a crime. Their two impeachment charges do not involve crimes. They basically impeached him because he won in 2016, and they think that if the don't impeach him now, he'll get reelected in 2020.

No, they don't have to prove he was guilty of a crime. He is being impeached because he violated his oath of office.

Hunter Biden May Go To Jail!

When do we get to talk to this piece of crap
whistleblower & his fellow traitors and their lawyers and Hunter Biden and Joe Biden?

Hunter is being ordered Again to appear in court by the way and has been refusing all orders Freon the judge for financial disclosure and will probably be sent to jail.
first, Barr/the DOJ needs to have probable cause to EVEN investigate him, the DOJ would then work with the Ukraine prosecutor to legally obtain any of the evidence, and in a constitutional manner that gives Hunter his constitutional rights, and a grand jury that finds crimes to charge him with, and then a trial with a jury to find him guilty or not guilty.....

breaking the law, to try to claim another person has broken the law.... is no less lawless than an original law breaker.... just as vigilantes are still lawless, outlaws.

even if hunter did something criminal, which there is no solid proof of, but say he did..... it IS NOT THE PRESIDENT'S JOB or his private campaign operative lawyer's position to investigate or accuse or rather falsely accuse an American citizen, in public of a criminal offense.

IF he were concerned about corruption, he would not have been an OUTLAW with his giuliani conspiratorial actions....

the president would have used the DOJ, their foreign corruption investigators, following the treaty we have with the Ukraine to LEGALLY investigate an American allegedly committing a crime in their country.....

I don’t need to abandon anything. You made a horrible point. Executive priv gets enforced to questions and documents that cross that line. It does not get used to completely ignore subpoenas.
The only thing about my point that is 'horrible' is the fact that you don't like that I pointed out how Barry used the same Executive Privilege when he ordered then US AG Holder to refuse to release documents regarding Fast and Furious, that Democrats and snowflakes defended that use of Executive Privilege, but now you bitch and whine about it because this time it doe NOT benefit the Democrats.

Forget 'Executive Privilege' and the House Impeachment Manager's demand for more 'fishing' for something that MIGHT exist - it is all irrelevant and a complete distraction...

The House voted to Impeach the US President based on their already existing case - existing information they had / have. The U Senate is now asking the Democrats / House to present THAT case, THAT information - the case / information that was their foundation / justification for Impeaching the President.

THAT case, THAT evidence either warrants / justifies Impeachment or it does NOT.

They are presenting that case. The docs and witnesses they are asking for are just further credible accounts of what happened. We should all want to see it. You especially because it would vindicate trump without the appearance of the cover up which it currently looks like he is doing.

How do you know what the witnesses would say?
If trump was innocent and if they were not complicit, they would have testified to congress.

How do you know what the witnesses would say?
If trump was innocent and if they were not complicit, they would have testified to congress.

How are you so fucking stupid ?

If the Klan were in charge, would a black person just walk in there and volunteer information that would absolutely be twisted to fit some fucked up narrative ?

NO.

If the house were really interested in justice, they never would have started this bullshit. There is nothing there.

Russia....

Collusion......

Taxes....

And a host of other attempts to get him...all manufactured by the motherfucking left....who have avowed to get rid of him before he ever stepped into the WH. Your poster girl for stupid, Max Waters....leading the way.

You are a left winger.....I guess that answers my initial question.

Forum List

Back