I made it! I am a half century old today!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
71XMWmWpQEL._AC_UL345_SR345,345_.jpg

Damn life goes by way to fast.
In all honesty though I have to admit with my troubled youth and heavy drug use back then I am surprised I turned it all around and made it this far.
At 16 years old I was certified as an adult and sent away. I thought my life was all but over once I sobered up from the drugs and realized what I had done to myself and others.
Sadly the hurdles I had almost pale in comparrison to some of the shit today's youths have to deal with.
I don't think that old saying of kids having it easier with each generation really applies anymore. With the advent of the internet and instant gratification our kids don't get the grounded in reality upbringing anymore because there are too many outside influences now that twist them like pretzels.

Anyhow I am glad to have made it this far.....

CHEERS!

View attachment 215238

In all honesty though I have to admit with my troubled youth and heavy drug use back then I am surprised I turned it all around and made it this far.
At 16 years old I was certified as an adult and sent away. I thought my life was all but over once I sobered up from the drugs and realized what I had done to myself and others.
Sadly the hurdles I had almost pale in comparrison to some of the shit today's youths have to deal with.
I don't think that old saying of kids having it easier with each generation really applies anymore. With the advent of the internet and instant gratification our kids don't get the grounded in reality upbringing anymore because there are too many outside influences now that twist them like pretzels.

CHEERS!
I bought a new Harley and went on a 4-month cross-country adventure. Just a thought.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
th

• Banned
View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
I bought a new Harley and went on a 4-month cross-country adventure. Just a thought.
Lol

Got a client meeting tomorrow so I can't even tie it on right tonight.

On the topic of bikes I would kill myself. I am a speed demon, that would not translate to two wheels very well.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!

Congrats! Youngster!

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Lol

On the topic of bikes I would kill myself. I am a speed demon, that would not translate to two wheels very well.

Sure it does....just for a very short time!

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Congratulations & cheers! My 50th is Wednesday!

• Banned
View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Congratulations & cheers! My 50th is Wednesday!
Enjoy it!

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Happy birthday fucker.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Lol

Any adventure will do. Point is, do something while you still have your health. Don't put off your dreams. 50 is still young.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Hey Kid go away, you bother me.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
I'ma year aheada ya.

Congratulations.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Bravo, Gramps! On to the next 50!

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!
Lol

Any adventure will do. Point is, do something while you still have your health. Don't put off your dreams. 50 is still young.
I know this will sound like bullshit but I've pretty much already achieved my dreams.
My life was a complete wreck. The day I walked out of prison with that 100 dollar gate fee was the best day of my life.
The one saying that rings true but most people don't realize it is you don't know what you got till it's gone. Sitting in a 5x9 cell for several years in your late teens, the best years of your life, then being set free is a feeling I can't even describe. Then struggling to stay sober and follow the straight path until you finish parole...

Sitting on my deck under the gazebo looking up at the stars is invigorating. Corny I know but life is great.

Add to that I get to go fishing with my grandson and teach him to ride his bike. All things I missed out on with my girls to some degree because I traveled for work a lot and still hadn't fully learned what was important until the opportunity had passed me by.

I am a simple man.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!

You only have 236,200 hours left to live :(

The average person only live a shy under 80 years old , 700,000 hours...

Forum List

Back