I made it! I am a half century old today!

View attachment 215238

Damn life goes by way to fast.
In all honesty though I have to admit with my troubled youth and heavy drug use back then I am surprised I turned it all around and made it this far.
At 16 years old I was certified as an adult and sent away. I thought my life was all but over once I sobered up from the drugs and realized what I had done to myself and others.
Sadly the hurdles I had almost pale in comparrison to some of the shit today's youths have to deal with.
I don't think that old saying of kids having it easier with each generation really applies anymore. With the advent of the internet and instant gratification our kids don't get the grounded in reality upbringing anymore because there are too many outside influences now that twist them like pretzels.

Anyhow I am glad to have made it this far.....

CHEERS!

You only have 236,200 hours left to live :(

The average person only live a shy under 80 years old , 700,000 hours...

I doubt I go that long. Although I don't feel it now my years of hard partying in my youth are bound to catch up to me sooner rather than later. Smoking for 35 years pretty much seals the deal anyhow

008.jpg

MAGA!!!!!!:113: happy birthday....

View attachment 215238

In all honesty though I have to admit with my troubled youth and heavy drug use back then I am surprised I turned it all around and made it this far.
At 16 years old I was certified as an adult and sent away. I thought my life was all but over once I sobered up from the drugs and realized what I had done to myself and others.
Sadly the hurdles I had almost pale in comparrison to some of the shit today's youths have to deal with.
I don't think that old saying of kids having it easier with each generation really applies anymore. With the advent of the internet and instant gratification our kids don't get the grounded in reality upbringing anymore because there are too many outside influences now that twist them like pretzels.

CHEERS!

Happy Birthday. :party:

Congrats!

I also have a sordid/questionable history. :)

Iā€™m somewhat surprised Iā€™m still alive! lol
One time I ate a dead frog.
I did more than eat a dead frog.
Bad shit?

I was involved in about every crime you can think of with the exception of rape or murder.

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Shooting lit arrows into rival drug dealer houses
Too many people beat to near death
Demolition derby with stolen cars
Cat burgler
Kidnapped someone who owed me money and broke his legs and arms with a carjack
Too many high speed chases to count. And yes, I got away every time but two. Crashed both times i was caught.
Broke out of juvenile prison and beat a guard down and stole his car
Car bombed a rival

There wasn't much crime i wasn't into. Thankfully i got picked up and put away when i did because the group i ran with ultimately did finally murder someone in a botched robbery.

I have lived both walks of life. It is one of the reasons I take offense when people claim black criminals get a raw deal. I got the same deal as them but I made a choice to change things. I got out and went to the same halfway house as all of them. I struggled to find work like all of them. I chose to stay off drugs unlike many of them.

Life is a choice no matter your station. You have sole control over your destiny via the choices you make.

Congrats!

Bad shit?

I was involved in about every crime you can think of with the exception of rape or murder.

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Cat burgler
Too many high speed chases to count. And yes, I got away every time but two. Crashed both times i was caught.
Car bombed a rival

There wasn't much crime i wasn't into. Thankfully i got picked up and put away when i did because the group i ran with ultimately did finally murder someone in a botched robbery.

I have lived both walks of life. It is one of the reasons I take offense when people claim black criminals get a raw deal. I got the same deal as them but I made a choice to change things. I got out and went to the same halfway house as all of them. I struggled to find work like all of them. I chose to stay off drugs unlike many of them.

Life is a choice no matter your station. You have sole control over your destiny via the choices you make.
I did a few things Iā€™m not proud of.

Congrats!

Bad shit?

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Cat burgler
Car bombed a rival

Did you use your experience to help others?

When I got out I spoke at a lot of schools and churches. There are lessons to be learned from other peoples experiences. Even if you don't see the results of your efforts you can rest assured that if you did your best someone got something out of it.
Not only that but adults can also be knocked out of their bubbles when confronted with harsh realities.

View attachment 215238

CHEERS!

You only have 236,200 hours left to live :(

The average person only live a shy under 80 years old , 700,000 hours...

I doubt I go that long. Although I don't feel it now my years of hard partying in my youth are bound to catch up to me sooner rather than later. Smoking for 35 years pretty much seals the deal anyhow

I am 53 and a cigar smoker I have no problem jogging 5 miles still, but I did find out the other day from my eye doctor that smoking screws up your vision , I never knew that, something about less oxegen to the folcal point.

By the way where I got 700,000 hours was from a travel magizene I was reading at the eye doctor , some rich new club.

Congrats!

Bad shit?

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Cat burgler
Car bombed a rival

When I got out I spoke at a lot of schools and churches. There are lessons to be learned from other peoples experiences. Even if you don't see the results of your efforts you can rest assured that if you did your best someone got something out of it.
Not only that but adults can also be knocked out of their bubbles when confronted with harsh realities.
Yes. When appropriate.

I didnā€™t do half the shit you listed. My main problems were fighting.

Bad shit?

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Cat burgler
Car bombed a rival

Yes. When appropriate.
I hear ya. For me now it is anytime I feel like sharing. Usually induced by my good buddy Jack...
Really though at this point it is pretty irrelevant as so many years have passed and my life is well established.

It can be hard to relive your life with someone when without those stories a huge chunk of why you are who you are is missing.

Congrats!

Bad shit?

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Cat burgler
Car bombed a rival

By golly Grampa, with all those experiences, you have the qualifications to be a Moderator on USMB. Since westwall is retiring you should apply for the job.

Congrats!

Bad shit?

Aggravated arson
Armed robbery
Muggings
Drug dealing
Drive by shootings
Cat burgler
Car bombed a rival

By golly Grampa, with all those experiences, you have the qualifications to be a Moderator on USMB. Since westwall is retiring you should apply for the job.
Haha. Give up my troll badge? No way Jose

New Topics

Forum List

Back