I Love Productive Days!!!

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
It just feels so good to get something done!

I mowed the entire lawn today.
Changed the oil in my lawn mower.
Rescued my thyme from a weed invasion by digging it up and moving it.
Filled up the bird bath for the critters to enjoy.

I was all skanky & sweaty & dirty...and I just took a shower...now I'm all clean.

It's miller time :banana:

I mowed everything today. The boys were drinking beer, but the time was right to mow, so I did that instead.

I was just gonna do the minimum, but since I was already rolling, decided to do everything.

Zero regrets.

but since I was already rolling, decided to do everything.

Yup...once ya get something accomplished...ya just have to keep going!

I'm so happy I moved my thyme! It's a key ingredient in my pizza sauce. At the end of sept (now that I have moved it) I should end up harvesting 2 paper grocery bags full of it...a massive amount! I would guess about $500 worth if I was to buy it from the store.

If I had waited a month to do it...I only would have harvested half that amount.

I just worked at my business all day, myself. Tomorrow, I rest by only doing bookwork.

Exercising the mind is important as well...but since you'll be sitting there for hours...why not treat yourself and soak your feet while doing the books?

(don't forget to lay a towel down for you to step on)

Exercising the mind is important as well...but since you'll be sitting there for hours...why not treat yourself and soak your feet while doing the books?

(don't forget to lay a towel down for you to step on)
Does a 140-pound Great Pyrenees licking my feet as I am struggling with QuickBooks qualify?

I was holding off on moving the thyme because digging up/moving plants in 95-100 degree heat is a killer for plants. And the weeds were shading the thyme.

But today was a comfy 80 degrees and we're getting down to 60 for a low tonight...I thunked it would be a perfect time.

Oh man! I hope you enjoyed your day off! Sounds like you've done more than enough!
I can still hardly believe it. I drove 170 miles a day, five days a week for 6 weeks to get zapped. Then I worked the weekends doing things like installing windows and doors in new construction. Doesn't really have anything to do with the topic but I felt like bragging.

Not sure how productive but a fun day. Did a keyboard track that one of my music buddies turned into a cool mix. Cleaned out my pool filter, went for a 2 mile mall walk (not walking outside in 108 deg). Then my wife and son went to the golf course practice range and hit wedges and putts.

Yup...once ya get something accomplished...ya just have to keep going!

I'm so happy I moved my thyme! It's a key ingredient in my pizza sauce. At the end of sept (now that I have moved it) I should end up harvesting 2 paper grocery bags full of it...a massive amount! I would guess about $500 worth if I was to buy it from the store.

If I had waited a month to do it...I only would have harvested half that amount.

That's alot of thyme. Be sure to keep it well watered to help against transplant shock

It just feels so good to get something done!

I mowed the entire lawn today.
Changed the oil in my lawn mower.
Rescued my thyme from a weed invasion by digging it up and moving it.
Filled up the bird bath for the critters to enjoy.

I was all skanky & sweaty & dirty...and I just took a shower...now I'm all clean.

It's miller time :banana:
I like days like that too but today wasn't one of them. My business partner was on vacation all last week and I had to take my wife to doctor visits Monday and Thursday. Today was a day of rest. I wanted to be productive this afternoon but I was just too tired.

I like days like that too but today wasn't one of them. My business partner was on vacation all last week and I had to take my wife to doctor visits Monday and Thursday. Today was a day of rest. I wanted to be productive this afternoon but I was just too tired.
Sometimes it's like that, too. :dunno:

First day in 6 weeks I wasn't working in the Florida heat or driving to cancer treatment. I didn't do shit. That grass can kiss my ass until tomorrow.
Pretty damn hot in Texas today .There's a small cemetery about 15 minutes from my house that is pretty neglected. There are 3 Confederate veterans buried there. Been wanting to get over there and do some landscaping and gravestone cleaning. I work alone. Too damn hot right now to get over there and do it myself.

Seems there are many brave people here all united to drive the US forward in a last burst of brilliance . Yet despite being a quadriplegic my lifestyle seems frantic in comparison .

Forum List

Back