I Love PBS

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Wayne Dyer is on right now. He's great. I like Deepok Chopra too. Lots of very POSITIVE stuff on PBS.
But really, I can't justify paying for it with taxpayer dollars. Besides, half the tv shows are loaded with the presenters pushing their own product anyway, so it's not like it doesn't have commercials, they're just contained in the programs.
In any case, I think it should just go commercial or go away.

I tune into PBS once in a while for local western Virginia shows and the Antiques Road Show. What I don't like is left wing political propaganda artists like Bill Moyers disguised as news and paid for by the taxpayers. If PBS wants to be true to the people who support it and people who are forced to support it they need to cut out the politics.

I tune into PBS once in a while for local western Virginia shows and the Antiques Road Show. What I don't like is left wing political propaganda artists like Bill Moyers disguised as news and paid for by the taxpayers. If PBS wants to be true to the people who support it and people who are forced to support it they need to cut out the politics.

I'm sure the government send some cash their way as well...

I recently came across The 1900 House episodes on YouTube...very fascinating. I've watched the first episode of The Manor House. That is the sort of reality TV I would really enjoy participating in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdhqGUWGzjc]1900 House part01 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DlV54l62g]Manor House (Edwardian Country House) - Episode 1/6 - YouTube[/ame]

Public television is America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world – all at the cost of about $1 per person per year. The proposed legislation overlooks the critical value that PBS’ nearly 360 member stations provide to major cities and small towns.

Federal Funding : PBS

Public television is America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world – all at the cost of about $1 per person per year. The proposed legislation overlooks the critical value that PBS’ nearly 360 member stations provide to major cities and small towns.

Federal Funding : PBS

Words from PBS.
Why am I not surprised that a government entity promotes itself. Justifies itself.

Federal Funding : PBS[/QUOTE

Libs consider taxpayer funded media to be a classroom. I rest my case.

"News" is a tiny fraction of what PBS does.

Is it government sponsored?

Yes. But you're claiming that "nothing else needs to be added" - which is clearly not the case, seeing as how it's "news outlet" is about 1 hour of each day - and the other 23 hours aren't "news", or political in any way.

I made no claim I said
PBS government sponsored media news outlet nothing else needs to be added.

Does the government sponsor yes it does
Do they do news? Yes it does.
Does it try to sell global warming?

Forum List

Back