I like this gun.....old school with a modern look....but just because it's black doesn't make it a military rifle, though it is.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The lever action rifle was actually a military weapon....so technically, this rifle is a "weapon of war."

Anti-gunners...does the fact that this is a "weapon of war," mean I can't have it....according to your b.s. view of our Constitution?

If you’re a fan of modern lever guns you’re going to love the latest iteration of the Dark Series from Marlin Firearms. (See our review of the previous take on this gun here.) Since Ruger took over the Marlin brand they aren’t just churning out the same old Marlins that our dads and grandads had (although they are still doing the classics as well) but they’re continuing to evolve the line. The new Dark Series is launching with the big daddy of lever guns, the Model 1895 in .45-70.

1700068188831.png

The lever action rifle was actually a military weapon....so technically, this rifle is a "weapon of war."

Anti-gunners...does the fact that this is a "weapon of war," mean I can't have it....according to your b.s. view of our Constitution?

If you’re a fan of modern lever guns you’re going to love the latest iteration of the Dark Series from Marlin Firearms. (See our review of the previous take on this gun here.) Since Ruger took over the Marlin brand they aren’t just churning out the same old Marlins that our dads and grandads had (although they are still doing the classics as well) but they’re continuing to evolve the line. The new Dark Series is launching with the big daddy of lever guns, the Model 1895 in .45-70.

View attachment 858974
Ruger 450 Bushmaster is my weapon of choice
1700068467243.png

View attachment 858974
Back in the day, when the brown turd Obammy was trying his gun grab, i got the old fashioned Henry in the .44 Cal. It cost $700 at the time...

1700069499724.png

View attachment 858974

The tactical lever action rifles have been making a big splash these days.
While they're pretty cool if I had to pick one rifle it wouldnt be a lever action no matter how good they look.

The tactical lever action rifles have been making a big splash these days.
While they're pretty cool if I had to pick one rifle it wouldnt be a lever action no matter how good they look.
^^expert on pans and guns? :confused:

Yep..
Already have a 30.30. Winchester lever gun.
I suppose they sell tactical furniture for it but I bought for its historical value.
Putting a bunch plastic on it would ruin it for me.
I would not mind a tactical stock set for one of my .45-70s but it is straight wristed and I can't find one but for the pistol grip frames.

Of course I could change out the lever and lower frame extension but the view would not be worth the climb to me due to the cost of the parts.

Funny how Mossberg was ahead of the curb.....Remember how everyone laughed?

R.c36ef138dc7337a4f339e3d5d1da79c8

Forum List

Back