I like how Jordan reacted to their hostage who was killed.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Sorry Jesus. They aren't interested in being Sons, they'd rather bomb the shit out of people, it's more fun, like a video game, with real blood and guts.

Since Jesus didn't address governments, your statement is moot.
Ah, so God doesn't care what governments do? Got it.

You are mistaken, PMH. The laws of the land are to be obeyed - if someone murders someone else - they stand trial and can be given a death penalty. America had a case of a woman who murdered someone with a pick axe. Carla Faye Tucker - I believe that was her name. She became a Christian but she still had to face the consequences of her crime and was put to death. There are consequences to deciding to become a jihadist - a murderer - and the followers of ISIS have just learned that Jordan is enforcing those consequences. My hope is that those two people repented of their sins and asked Jesus to be their savior before they were executed. Otherwise they are in hell now. If you think being put to death was the worst of it - you have no idea. Their torment is only beginning. And will last throughout eternity. No murderer can enter the kingdom of heaven unless they have repented and are born again. That's the bible.
So people should not be an eye for an eye, it goes against the teachings of Jesus, but governments should be? Interesting. I'm guessing that Iraq has 100,000 or so Americans to kill then, to, you know, even the score?

Again with insisting governments follow Biblical commands. You seem to be stuck on this, would you like a multi-page exposition on the subject?
No, I'd like to see an honest answer. If the government follows the teachings of Jesus why should any Christian have a problem with that?

The United States used to deliver the death penalty to murderers who were found guilty too. Not so much anymore.

Yeah, it has something to do with having proven innocent men sitting on death row. That's a problem.
Won't be a problem for him. He'd shoot him right after the trial, if that is one was even held.

Your problem is with the law of the land. The King of Jordan has the right to enforce the laws of his own nation. I did hear about the execution and as I understand it they were executed by hanging. That is a far cry from setting a man on fire inside a cage. You should THINK, PMH. These jihadists that are mass murdering civilians are lawless criminals that will stand before God for their crimes once they leave this earth. No murderer can enter the kingdom of heaven and there is only ONE. Not many. God isn't sharing His throne with Baal Allah so they need to wake up and repent - call on the LORD and be saved. Otherwise they'll be in hell when they die.
See the question above.

Jordan executes terrorists....

We trade five of them for one traitor :dunno:
C'mon...you know you wanted Bergdahl burned with that Jordanian pilot.

Instead of... We want Bergdahl burned INSTEAD of the Jordanian Pilot. We would have preferred he converted from Evil, prior to his evil religion burning him alive.

But hey... Such is the nature of evil.
So the guy ISIS burned alive is now in Hell? How very Biblical of you.

He, like everyone, will be judged by God. He has the final word, not us. The manner and circumstances of his death, though emotionally wrenching for you, are but the last moments of his life.

The United States used to deliver the death penalty to murderers who were found guilty too. Not so much anymore.

Yeah, it has something to do with having proven innocent men sitting on death row. That's a problem.

While I agree it is a problem and that the system is not perfect - I do believe most of the time the system works. Especially now that there is DNA and other new discoveries that can deliver those who have been falsely accused. Remember there have been many cases where that has happened too.

Exactly. Many cases now, where DNA evidence has proven what the men said all along. They didn't do it (the murder).
That leads to the question of how many men did the states kill that DIDN'T do the crime they were killed for? Before DNA and such. More than now, that's for sure.

So you seemed to be lamenting the fact that we just don't kill'em at a rate like we used to. I was just offering an idea as to what they may be. We would really prefer killing the guilty. And really knowing they were guilty.

This is a problem that is easily solved.

I've said for years that if the law were merely changed to require that juries and the prosecutor who convicted the innocent, were to be placed to serve the prison or the death sentence where the individual is later found to be innocent of the crime for which they were convicted... there would be few, if ANY innocent people being convicted of crimes for which they are not REASONABLY known to be guilty.

keyes and Jeri, we are a secular state, and we are not following the law of your "god", because it is not Jesus in the first place.

Since Jesus didn't address governments, your statement is moot.

You are mistaken, PMH. The laws of the land are to be obeyed - if someone murders someone else - they stand trial and can be given a death penalty. America had a case of a woman who murdered someone with a pick axe. Carla Faye Tucker - I believe that was her name. She became a Christian but she still had to face the consequences of her crime and was put to death. There are consequences to deciding to become a jihadist - a murderer - and the followers of ISIS have just learned that Jordan is enforcing those consequences. My hope is that those two people repented of their sins and asked Jesus to be their savior before they were executed. Otherwise they are in hell now. If you think being put to death was the worst of it - you have no idea. Their torment is only beginning. And will last throughout eternity. No murderer can enter the kingdom of heaven unless they have repented and are born again. That's the bible.
So people should not be an eye for an eye, it goes against the teachings of Jesus, but governments should be? Interesting. I'm guessing that Iraq has 100,000 or so Americans to kill then, to, you know, even the score?

Again with insisting governments follow Biblical commands. You seem to be stuck on this, would you like a multi-page exposition on the subject?
No, I'd like to see an honest answer. If the government follows the teachings of Jesus why should any Christian have a problem with that?

How can that even happen? How can a government follow teachings that were only intended for the individual?

Instead of... We want Bergdahl burned INSTEAD of the Jordanian Pilot. We would have preferred he converted from Evil, prior to his evil religion burning him alive.

He, like everyone, will be judged by God. He has the final word, not us. The manner and circumstances of his death, though emotionally wrenching for you, are but the last moments of his life.
According to you his religion is Evil, and he's not a Christian, therefore he's in Hell. And look, he got to practice being on fire here first. What a deal eh?

While I agree it is a problem and that the system is not perfect - I do believe most of the time the system works. Especially now that there is DNA and other new discoveries that can deliver those who have been falsely accused. Remember there have been many cases where that has happened too.

Exactly. Many cases now, where DNA evidence has proven what the men said all along. They didn't do it (the murder).
That leads to the question of how many men did the states kill that DIDN'T do the crime they were killed for? Before DNA and such. More than now, that's for sure.

So you seemed to be lamenting the fact that we just don't kill'em at a rate like we used to. I was just offering an idea as to what they may be. We would really prefer killing the guilty. And really knowing they were guilty.

No, I am not lamenting any such thing - I am lamenting that we do not execute jihadists and murderers who have been proven guilty - many eyewitnesses - etc and we call it work place violence and give them a stay at a mental hospital or a light sentence. That is surely something the enemies of America have taken note of and they do not fear our justice system at all. It's a joke to them. That should not be but as this is what our leaders have decided to go with (it was not this way from the beginning) then we'll have to live with the consequences of it. (America being at greater risk for future attacks / crimes)

According to you his religion is Evil, and he's not a Christian, therefore he's in Hell. And look, he got to practice being on fire here first. What a deal eh?

First, answer this question. Where did I say his religion is evil?

Americans and Jordanians should actually watch the latest ISIS video. But that's actually pretty difficult to do. Shame on YouTube and all others in the corrupt Government/Corporate Media for choosing Censorship. All Americans should be exposed to these videos. Ignorance by way of Censorship, is just Un-American and wrong.

You do not know what was in his heart right before he was set on fire. It is possible he had heard the gospel of Jesus Christ at one time - realized that the teachings of Islam were a lie and that Muslims were now about to set him on fire - and he turned to Christ to save his soul. You do not know, PMH. Anything is possible.

How can that even happen? How can a government follow teachings that were only intended for the individual?
Is the government immune from following the laws of God, the Teachings of Jesus? Can they just do whatever they like, including evil?

Why would you have an issue with the government acting like a Christian would? Should they not feed the poor, heal the sick, comfort the grieving, clothe the naked? It is only when the promote peace as the Christians have been tught to do that you have an issue with them acting like Jesus? Why peacemakers for people and an eye for an eye for governments?

First, answer this question. Where did I say his religion is evil?
Sorry, that was the other guy. Regardless, answer the question.

Americans and Jordanians should actually watch the latest ISIS video. Shame on YouTube and all others in the corrupt Government/Corporate Media for choosing censorship. All Americans should be exposed to these videos. Ignorance by way of Censorship, is just Un-American and wrong.

What is the latest? I haven't heard. I do believe our govt. is doing the American people a disservice by not being straight with them about Islam. There isn't a second version of Islam. Islam is Islam. Isis is Islam.

You do not know what was in his heart right before he was set on fire. It is possible he had heard the gospel of Jesus Christ at one time - realized that the teachings of Islam were a lie and that Muslims were now about to set him on fire - and he turned to Christ to save his soul. You do not know, PMH. Anything is possible.
I know that according to your theology if he didn't accept Jesus as Lord he is now in Hell, where he belongs right?

Is the government immune from following the laws of God, the Teachings of Jesus? Can they just do whatever they like, including evil?

Why would you have an issue with the government acting like a Christian would? Should they not feed the poor, heal the sick, comfort the grieving, clothe the naked? It is only when the promote peace as the Christians have been tught to do that you have an issue with them acting like Jesus? Why peacemakers for people and an eye for an eye for governments?

Governments exist to punish evil-doers and maintain order, Christ followers are not. Note that Jesus didn't complain about the Roman government of His day, though it dominated the entire region and made second-class citizens of His own people. Do you not see the fallacy of your argument that a government can or should act like an individual?

God judges nations. Not individuals. YOU are to obey the law of the land - not play judge, jury, executioner to civilians of that land and to the authority of that land. That is called Rebellion and the bible identifies it as Witchcraft - so in reality ISIS are practicing witchcraft - Rebellion against God Almighty and the laws of the land. He puts leaders in authority. He didn't put THEM in authority.

Governments exist to punish evil-doers and maintain order, Christ followers are not. Note that Jesus didn't complain about the Roman government of His day, though it dominated the entire region and made second-class citizens of His own people. Do you not see the fallacy of your argument that a government can or should act like an individual?
I'm not saying it should, I'm saying why would a Christian have a problem if their government acted as they are taught to?

God judges nations. Not individuals. YOU are to obey the law of the land - not play judge, jury, executioner to civilians of that land and to the authority of that land. That is called Rebellion and the bible identifies it as Witchcraft - so in reality ISIS are practicing witchcraft - Rebellion against God Almighty and the laws of the land. He puts leaders in authority. He didn't put THEM in authority.
So if a nation requires you, by law, to do evil then you should obey?

And God but Obama in charge of this nation?

Forum List

Back