I kind of wish that I wrestled as a kid

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I always thought that wrestling was silly and totally gay as a kid !!
I never knew how bad azz and killer it was until I saw the early UFC

A college wrestler would obliterate any boxer .

My mma class has some wrestling but it’s not enough .
When I go against any HS wrestler I end up on my butt in guard . I can’t stop them .
Ask your kids if they want to wrestle and it’s best to start in Middle school as HS is too late .

My HS had a lousy coach , so without a good coach I would have sucked

Instead I played super gay tennis is my fancy cloths

When I go against any HS wrestler I end up on my butt in guard . I can’t stop them .
Ask your kids if they want to wrestle and it’s best to start in Middle school as HS is too late .

Wrestling was the rich kid way to a earning an athletic letter in my high school. No more, no less.

Wrestling was the rich kid way to a earning an athletic letter in my high school. No more, no less.
I made varsity freshman year for top 5 school in tennis
Entire squad was all Jews minus only a few

I boxed when a teen and wrestled and judoed when a preteen. I didn't get bullied in High School. I got bulled in grade school which started me on my no more bulling quest.

Our tennis team was small. A lot of the rich kids went with wrestling because they just couldn't phone it in with tennis. At that time, there were a lot of tennis clubs in our area and even a real good player wasn't guaranteed they could make the tennis team. Plus the coach was this man-hating lesbian bitch and that drove a lot of people away. Nobody ever expected the obscure wrestling team to do much but that tennis team was expected to always win everything. About the only wrestlers who ever won were a couple football players who did it in the heavier weights to keep in shape during the off season.

Our tennis team was small. A lot of the rich kids went with wrestling because they just couldn't phone it in with tennis. At that time, there were a lot of tennis clubs in our area and even a real good player wasn't guaranteed they could make the tennis team. Plus the coach was this man-hating lesbian bitch and that drove a lot of people away. Nobody ever expected the obscure wrestling team to do much but that tennis team was expected to always win everything. About the only wrestlers who ever won were a couple football players who did it in the heavier weights to keep in shape during the off season.
Tennis is a girly game. Tether ball isn't a girly game.

Last edited:

Not at our school. I wrestled and most of the team was fron not so well off families. That was the swim team.

Tennis is a girly game.

I think it is boring as hell. I was okay at it, but hated every time I had to do it. I had a summer fling with this girl who insisted we play 3 or 4 times a week. I finally had to break up with her since me going out of my way to hit her in the face or the crotch with every shot didn't get the point across about how much I despise playing.

• Funny
Reactions: IM2

Not at our school. I wrestled and most of the team was fron not so well off families. That was the swim team.
I learned to swim in Big Darby Creek. I learned to ice skate on Big Darby Creek. Both self-taught. The Levi Hole is in Big Darby Creek.

Last edited:

I learned to swim in Big Darby Creek. I learned to ice skate on Big Darby Creek. Both self-taught.
On the same day..... ;)

I would argue middle school is too late. Best to start out in Freestyle as young as possible. That's usually 6 and under. If you wait until middle school they will have to rely mainly on any physical advantage they have over other kids just to crack the lineup. Better if they already have knowledge of form, style, moves, counters, etc.

Last edited:

I learned to swim in Big Darby Creek. I learned to ice skate on Big Darby Creek. Both self-taught.
On the same day..... ;)
No, Big Darby only freezes over in Winter. Big Darby even had an ice dam. When I retired I moved back to Big Darby and where my laptop is now.

Last edited:

Sheesh. Wrestling has one of the lowest barriers to entry of most sports I can think of. All you need is a singlet, headgear, some John Smiths and your ready to go. Want to talk expensive; try ice hockey. Minimum gear costs start in the mid to high hundreds of dollars. Even more for goalies. You certainly get what you pay for as well. Add to that the cost of buying crap loads of tape, replacement sticks, having skates sharpened, and your talking about thousands of dollars as you outgrow old gear.

Sheesh. Wrestling has one of the lowest barriers to entry of most sports I can think of. All you need is a singlet, headgear, some John Smiths and your ready to go. Want to talk expensive; try ice hockey. Minimum gear costs start in the mid to high hundreds of dollars. Even more for goalies. You certainly get what you pay for as well. Add to that the cost of buying crap loads of tape, replacement sticks, having skates sharpened, and your talking about thousands ofI

Sheesh. Wrestling has one of the lowest barriers to entry of most sports I can think of. All you need is a singlet, headgear, some John Smiths and your ready to go. Want to talk expensive; try ice hockey. Minimum gear costs start in the mid to high hundreds of dollars. Even more for goalies. You certainly get what you pay for as well. Add to that the cost of buying crap loads of tape, replacement sticks, having skates sharpened, and your talking about thousands ofI
I played ice hockey on a farm pond and accused of cheating because I wore figure skates.

I played ice hockey on a farm pond and accused of cheating because I wore figure skates.
How in the hell were you able to skate with those toe pics?! I put a pair on once and faceplanted lol.

How in the hell were you able to skate with those toe pics?! I put a pair on once and faceplanted lol.
It was easy to steal the puck wearing figure skates thus the cheating accusation. I was also accused of cheating at boxing behind the gym because I used a little Judo taught by a Brown Belt in California. Fast forward 40 years when I got in a knife fight in Georgia, Judo came back to me with the expected result but nobody got cut.

Last edited:

I learned to swim in Big Darby Creek. I learned to ice skate on Big Darby Creek. Both self-taught. The Levi Hole is in Big Darby Creek.
I learned the same way.

I learned the same way.
Yes, the school of hard knocks.

Forum List

Back