Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Holy cow 🐄
Holy cow 🐮

Where do I even begin ..I don’t know

Do you love movies that have great plot lines , excellent real action scenes , superb dialogue and intriguing characters and epic villains

Sure you do

Unfortunately you need to see the Dark Knight

Last edited:
I feel like Jesus Christ
I suffered the most torturous, laborious and asinine 3 hrs so you don’t have to

Watching the movie is best describe as the following scenarios

1) do you enjoy running an uphill marathon
2) would you love to be on jury duty
3) Would you watch the Detroit Lions play football
4) Do you enjoy reading war and peace

Batman is supposed to be fun
Yes fun

This movie had zero soul
This movie had the most silly and predictable plot lines
The characters were a dismal lifeless dismal

This movie is about as fun and joyful as what I imagine chemotherapy to be

I feel like I deserve an award for surviving this
Turd sandwich!! Oh top of it the movie was all woke and they even said “ white privilege”

Final grade 6/10
The only scenes I likes were with the penguin

Last edited:
Holy cow 🐄
Holy cow 🐮

Where do I even begin ..I don’t know

Do you love movies that have great plot lines , excellent real action scenes , superb dialogue and intriguing characters and epic villains

Sure you do

Unfortunately you need to see the Dark Knight
did you get laid?

You give a turd sandwich 6/10? Talk about having one's taste in one's arse.

I just watched it...

And it was a bladder-bursting 3 hours long. They could have cut 30 minutes from it and had a much more coherent movie.

They were going for a gritty "realistic" Batman, where his villains aren't dressed in flamboyant costumes, and seem like they can realistically exist. The Penguin is just a mob boss with a funny nickname. Catwoman is just a competent cat burglar. (I don't think they ever actually call her "catwoman"). And the Riddler is just an anarchist who uses clues. This is hardly new territory, the TV Series "Gotham" and the Christopher Nolan series kind of tread the same ground.

It has some biting commentary on social media and urban violence that will probably be lost on audiences in 10 years. Meanwhile, the Burton Batman movie still holds up 30 years later.

There is also a scene at the end, where the Joker is teased for the next movie, because clearly, you can't have a Batman movie without the Joker showing up eventually.

The action scenes were over the top, and frankly, I don't get why Hollywood needs this. I think we've all become numb to action scenes at this point.

Just saw it.
I like how someone said this - "it was a decent movie, but a lousy Batman movie"
I agree.
It is a soft reboot. And they just couldn't stop the woke politics from being in it.
Catwoman tells Batman about white privilege. Really?? White Privilege??
The last three mayors were all old white males, all corrupt and bad.
But wait... a new mayor.. that refuses the corruption and wants to save the day... is a black woman.
They completely erased Bruce Wayne. He doesn't exist in this movie. Because they wanted the Batman character to "hate money" and not be a part of "white privilege".

Just saw it.
I like how someone said this - "it was a decent movie, but a lousy Batman movie"
I agree.
It is a soft reboot. And they just couldn't stop the woke politics from being in it.
Catwoman tells Batman about white privilege. Really?? White Privilege??
The last three mayors were all old white males, all corrupt and bad.
But wait... a new mayor.. that refuses the corruption and wants to save the day... is a black woman.
They completely erased Bruce Wayne. He doesn't exist in this movie. Because they wanted the Batman character to "hate money" and not be a part of "white privilege".

Wow, really? You remind me of that old joke about the psychiatrist who gives his patient a Rorschach test, and he describes lurid sexual scenes on each one. The doctor says, "Mr. Jones, you are obsessed with sex!" and he replies, "Me? You're the one with the dirty pictures!!!"

Batman is one of those characters who has been around for so long and had been handled by so many writers and actors, he's subject to many interpretations.

How much time do we really need focusing on Bruce Wayne?

Wow, really? You remind me of that old joke about the psychiatrist who gives his patient a Rorschach test, and he describes lurid sexual scenes on each one. The doctor says, "Mr. Jones, you are obsessed with sex!" and he replies, "Me? You're the one with the dirty pictures!!!"

Batman is one of those characters who has been around for so long and had been handled by so many writers and actors, he's subject to many interpretations.

How much time do we really need focusing on Bruce Wayne?
No
Anyone watching this film and doesn't see the injected political messaging, is either asleep or doesn't want to.
Did they or did they not have a scene where Catwoman talks about white privilege? Yes.
Did they or did they not have a scene where Bruce Wayne tells Alfred he doesn't care about money and business? Yes
Is the new mayor that comes to save the day a black woman or not? Yes

I feel like Jesus Christ
I suffered the most torturous, laborious and asinine 3 hrs so you don’t have to

Watching the movie is best describe as the following scenarios

1) do you enjoy running an uphill marathon
2) would you love to be on jury duty
3) Would you watch the Detroit Lions play football
4) Do you enjoy reading war and peace
5) Masturbation with thumb tacks in your hand and Vicks for lube

No
Anyone watching this film and doesn't see the injected political messaging, is either asleep or doesn't want to.
Did they or did they not have a scene where Catwoman talks about white privilege? Yes.
Did they or did they not have a scene where Bruce Wayne tells Alfred he doesn't care about money and business? Yes
Is the new mayor that comes to save the day a black woman or not? Yes

Uh, given Catwoman's character - a woman of color living in the edges of society, that's kind of an understandable position. Ironically, Catwoman is the only major Rogue Gallery member who has been played by black women over the years. (Eartha Kitt and Halle Barry)

Frankly, it's always been established that Bruce Wayne doesn't really care about his business... he usually leaves the running of it to Alfred and Lucius Fox so he can go off and beat up mentally ill people. So this isn't really that far off the mark.

The black woman mayor character was so minor, I don't remember her name (either the actress or the character) without looking it up on IMDB. That you focused on that says a lot about how you respond the inkblot.

Actually, if you want GOOD Batman stories, rent Batman: The Animated Series. Probably the best interpretation of the characters.

Far too many different Batmen and Jokers and plot lines for me to give a rats ass about the Bat anymore.
It seems after several movies dishing up the failing DC Justice League, that they are bailing on the story line.

Far too many different Batmen and Jokers and plot lines for me to give a rats ass about the Bat anymore.
It seems after several movies dishing up the failing DC Justice League, that they are bailing on the story line.

1651328992102.png

It is certainly an overdone franchise.. by a loooong shot.
But as long as they get audience draws, they are going to keep right on making them.
Like Star Wars.

Forum List

Back