I just had a brilliant idea!

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
With all this talk about our democracy being threatened I had an idea that would save it! We make the presidential term 6 years and then prevent the same political party from holding power in consecutive terms.

You’re welcome!

ok but where is the "brilliant" idea?
It’s in the OP... shoot did it not come through?
All I see is
With all this talk about our democracy being threatened I had an idea that would save it! We make the presidential term 6 years and then prevent the same political party from holding power in consecutive terms.

You’re welcome!

So I am guessing it didnt come through.

You’re welcome!
Interesting idea. So for example, if it's the Democrat's turn to be President, does everyone vote for the Democrat nominee for President?

You’re welcome!
Interesting idea. So for example, if it's the Democrat's turn to be President, does everyone vote for the Democrat nominee for President?
Lets revisit this after we are sure Hillary is too old to serve.

ok but where is the "brilliant" idea?
It’s in the OP... shoot did it not come through?
All I see is

You’re welcome!

So I am guessing it didnt come through.
That’s it! You got it

The problem isnt the same party controlling a branch consecutively, it is the way we do elections.
We need to do with away with the duopolies hold on elections.

You’re welcome!
My hope is that it lessens the power of the Big two and more parties and unaffiliated candidates emerge

I see the attempt at fairness, where alternating parties forces negotiations.
But the problem is parties really are meaningless, and both parties seem to be controlled by the same wealthy elite.

For example, I could not vote for Hillary in the 2016 election because she had supported a much more right wing hawk stance on the Mideast than even the Republicans.

I no only would have much preferred Sanders anti war policies, but I think so would most republicans, since he has such a history of fiscal conservatism in Vermont.

Instead of making parties even more valid, I think the solution is to eliminate them entirely.
Instead of primary elections by party, just hold 1 single open election with all candidates, where you rank them all.

You’re welcome!
Better idea, 2022 have the House elect Trump to Speaker, then impeach Biden and Kamala.

The problem isnt the same party controlling a branch consecutively, it is the way we do elections.
We need to do with away with the duopolies hold on elections.
I agree. That’s what this idea is designed to do. Think about it before trolling

You’re welcome!
My hope is that it lessens the power of the Big two and more parties and unaffiliated candidates emerge
Switching from repub to dem every other term isnt the answer. I agree with your endgame, but not with how you wish to accomplish it.
The duopoly has such a hold on elections, people vote for them even if they dont like them because they feel like their vote will be wasted. Which is bullshit but i understand why they would think that.
The duopoly OWN our elections.

Forum List

Back