I just had a brilliant idea!

With all this talk about our democracy being threatened I had an idea that would save it! We make the presidential term 6 years and then prevent the same political party from holding power in consecutive terms.

You’re welcome!
So we can have a candidate as long as we put up with Hitler every 6 years...

Ever think of a system that yields more than two candidates... Both left and right here have being proposing different ones for years..

How about simple preference voting on a popular vote... Will give more than one choice when voting..
We always do have more than two choices the other candidates just don’t have the fund raising and exposure of the big two. Which is why my idea will lift up the other candidates.

I also posted about the idea of scrapping the VP from the ticket and giving that spot to second place

With all this talk about our democracy being threatened I had an idea that would save it! We make the presidential term 6 years and then prevent the same political party from holding power in consecutive terms.

You’re welcome!

Ever think of a system that yields more than two candidates... Both left and right here have being proposing different ones for years..

How about simple preference voting on a popular vote... Will give more than one choice when voting..
We always do have more than two choices the other candidates just don’t have the fund raising and exposure of the big two. Which is why my idea will lift up the other candidates.

I also posted about the idea of scrapping the VP from the ticket and giving that spot to second place
You want a vp pres partnership working together. That idea wouldn't work.

You’re welcome!

Why, so the President can operate in an echo chamber?

Personally, I agree with Slade3200 and prefer the original system pre-12th Amendment, winner of the EC President, second place VP, at least that way you might end up with some different perspectives in the Oval Office. If the President and the VP can’t work out any lingering animosity between them neither one belongs anywhere near the White House.:p

You’re welcome!
It's an interesting concept, but honestly, the problem with democracy is that most people are stupid.

Technocracy is the ideal, but it depends on having an elite class that actually puts national interests first. Very few countries have that. Singapore might be one of the few like that.

You’re welcome!

Why not? Because of politics?

You’re welcome!
It's an interesting concept, but honestly, the problem with democracy is that most people are stupid.

Technocracy is the ideal, but it depends on having an elite class that actually puts national interests first. Very few countries have that. Singapore might be one of the few like that.
Yes! I’ve been high on the People are Stupid concept for a while now and it’s the truth. Individuals are generally great but people in groups and as a whole are complete idiots

You’re welcome!

Personally, I agree with Slade3200 and prefer the original system pre-12th Amendment, winner of the EC President, second place VP, at least that way you might end up with some different perspectives in the Oval Office. If the President and the VP can’t work out any lingering animosity between them neither one belongs anywhere near the White House.:p
Pres doesn't need someone in his executive dept actively working against him. Such a person would deserve to be fired a replaced with one of the Pres's liking.

You’re welcome!

Pres doesn't need someone in his executive dept actively working against him. Such a person would deserve to be fired a replaced with one of the Pres's liking.
Companies function that way all the time. A CEO gets hired and the others learn to work with him/her or they quit

You complain about democracy being threatened but you want to change the Constitution to prevent Americans from voting for the party they like. No surprise here.

Forum List

Back