I Just Gave Myself a Birthday Present

I don't sell my guns so I buy new.

I would rather have a warranty than trust some stranger.

That said I haven't bought a gun in a while as I have what I need.

But why a .38 revolver? I'll take a 9 mm with a 15 round mag full of hollow points.

Used vs new weapons- depends on the seller- a long time ago, I bought a Colt Python- 245 bucks retail from a store that no longer exists, Oshman's in Houston, well this one was in Pasadena, Tx- sold it several years later for 250 bucks- try buying one now- new or used.

I want a Colter Wall T-shirt-

I like Colter Wall. He's way too young to have that voice I'm jealous.

He says that was a forced performance and that he cringes every time he hears it- his talking voice is not near that deep- and if you watch him real close you can see how he keeps his tongue way in back of his throat- but, yeah, I like his singing and I LOVE the way he plays guitar-

But why a .38 revolver? I'll take a 9 mm with a 15 round mag full of hollow points.
I don't like 9MM. It's a pop gun. I read where one guy got hit 13 times with 9MM and he was still walking.

Used vs new weapons- depends on the seller- a long time ago, I bought a Colt Python- 245 bucks retail from a store that no longer exists, Oshman's in Houston, well this one was in Pasadena, Tx- sold it several years later for 250 bucks- try buying one now- new or used.
My favorite gun is the Chinese SKS. 7.62X39.They are so sturdy it's impossible to damage them.The ammo is dirt cheap, too.

Looks a lot like the Ruger 1976 Blackhawk Liberty Edition Mag 41 revolver I own.
1f635cbe816c8191913cb5a9d74cd3da.jpg

A literal hand cannon.

I don't like 9MM. It's a pop gun. I read where one guy got hit 13 times with 9MM and he was still walking.

Haha I agree totally. I am a 45acp person but I sure have my revolvers and love them. I been shooting 38sp since I was a kid, my cop uncles model 10.

Guess you missed the thread where one poster here said "380 is as powerful as a 9mm and a 9mm is more powerful than 38sp!!" I didn't even respond, can't teach an idiot ballistics that are right in front of him. He also said his 380 will "tear someone up" Yeah, his jacket maybe.

Saw the thread on making a redneck burn barrel? He used a 9mm for a hole punch. Try that with a 380. They bounce off 55 steel drums, telephone poles, hardwood flooring.....

38 sp is one awesome round, all around. I use 2 smiths, one a snubby scandium and the other a M64 stainless.

And you believe that?

I sure as hell don't

My favorite gun is the Chinese SKS. 7.62X39.They are so sturdy it's impossible to damage them.The ammo is dirt cheap, too.
I'm not much for long guns. I've always concentrated on handguns as I think i am more likely to use a handgun than a rifle for self defense.

I don't hunt at all but I have a Mini 30 that fires 7.62 x 39 and i have a couple shotguns.

I'm not much for long guns. I've always concentrated on handguns as I think i am more likely to use a handgun than a rifle for self defense.
Me too- though I do have a Henry in 357 caliber I bought and a 30-30 an Uncle gave me- I prefer hand guns, the larger caliber more than the smaller- 357, 44mag, 45 1911, etc, though I have had a 45 ruger single shot in the past-

Me too- though I do have a Henry in 357 caliber I bought and a 30-30 an Uncle gave me- I prefer hand guns, the larger caliber more than the smaller- 357, 44mag, 45 1911, etc, though I have had a 45 ruger single shot in the past-

My everyday carry is a Glock 19 with Sig Sauer v crown hollow points. I have a Springfield Armory XD .45 but I only carry that when wearing a coat.

I always believed accuracy was far more important than caliber and I'm more accurate with my 9 mm than with any of my larger caliber handguns

Forum List

Back