I hope it's true!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"Walker discussed how in the past he did support amnesty, but says he doesn’t anymore, because he has learned more about the issue. That shows him to be one of the most open-minded GOP candidates on such matters."

I hope that's it's true because none of the other candidates have said anything like this. Walker will get our vote if he continues with this dialog.

Scott Walker Stands for American Workers on Immigration

The lesson learned from "amnesty" is that you can't trust a politician's word. Build the fence and secure the border FIRST.

Guy couldn't even finish college

Of course he can't make up his mind

Walker is a fascist loon who works against the working class and FOR the 1%. He's in the pocket of the Kochs. Why would anyone vote for this guy?

Scott Walker's New Budget Is So Brutal Even Republicans Are Afraid Of It

The governor is proposing massive cuts to programs that are crucial for seniors and the disabled.

By Michael Arria / AlterNet

April 15, 2015

Print

148 COMMENTS

Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker
Photo Credit: Office of the Governor - Wisconsin

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's new budget has such major slashes that even the GOP is getting nervous about it. Of course it does sport a number of characteristics one would expect Republicans to champion, like cuts to environmental programs and schools, but with the first votes looming on Walker's two-year plan, it seems that local Republicans think he's finally pushed too far when it comes to the disabled and the elderly.

The budget hacks away at some of Wisconsin's most important programs for seniors. Walker is looking to cut $15 million from SeniorCare, a prescription drug assistance program for residents who are 65 and older. The program assists over 85,000 Wisconsin residents at low cost, but Walker wants to shift pharmaceutical costs to Medicare Part D, which would be more costly for those enrolled in the program.

Walker has accepted federal money to help fund Medicare Part D, but has refused to take money to fund Medicaid.

"The hypocrisy is piping hot on this one," Rep. Andy Jorgensen told a local media outlet. That same story quoted 73-year-old Judith Joslin-Crary, whose household has to pay for six separate prescriptions for her and her husband. The couple have already sold their house in an effort to free up more money for medicine. "They talk about going from steak to hamburger, but at this age most of us are already at hamburger and we're looking at going without," she said, "You jump for joy when you have a program like SeniorCare come along and you just cross your fingers and you hope that they don't mess with it."

Walker is also taking aim at a Wisconsin program called IRIS, which is an option for Wisconsin residents with long-term needs that allows the disabled to select their own caregivers and provides them with a budget for support services. Walker wants to cut $19 million from the program, which according to a story in the Wisconsin Gazette, adds up to about one million fewer hours of personal care. IRIS provides a safety net for many of Wisconsin's most vulnerable citizens. "I don't like to be controlled," Kelley Santi, an IRIS recipient with cerebral palsy told the Wisconsin-Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I'm not totally independent, but I like to make my own decisions. I'm 46 years old. I don't need somebody to direct me. If I lose IRIS, it would be a really big chunk of my life."

You are right that he may be the candidate of the party.
The policy has to be e-verify workers, punish businesses, secure the border, and a path to amnesty. All in one bill. Or none of it will be passed.

NO PATH!

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

Walker has accepted federal money to help fund Medicare Part D, but has refused to take money to fund Medicaid.

he isn't going to get very far with that issue hanging over his head...........He should bust the cops and firemen union.....and use the saved funds from that..

Of all the issues on the docket, you pick the one that almost nobody cares about. If you haven't noticed, just today the US grew a pair and blockaded Iran from shipping weapons to the Houthi Rebels in Yemen.

By the way, you'll need to do better than Alternet.

he isn't going to get very far with that issue hanging over his head...........He should bust the cops and firemen union.....and use the saved funds from that..

Of all the issues on the docket, you pick the one that almost nobody cares about. If you haven't noticed, just today the US grew a pair and blockaded Iran from shipping weapons to the Houthi Rebels in Yemen.

tell steph it's her link....

You are right that he may be the candidate of the party.
The policy has to be e-verify workers, punish businesses, secure the border, and a path to amnesty. All in one bill. Or none of it will be passed.

NO PATH!

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens

You nativists do not have the power to pull off securing the border without the rest.

Flat fact, bub. Get used to it.

Last edited:
Guy couldn't even finish college

Of course he can't make up his mind

RWs hate education so being a failure in college, a drop out who couldn't even get through - that's a real plus for Walker.

Now if he turns out to be a high school drop out, he's a shoo in for prez.

TemplarKormac

You're wrong that no one cares about the poor and elderly. Dems do.

And, you're going to have to do better than dismissing the source without proving its incorrect.

Forum List

Back