I hear many complain of the "duopoly"

Okay I skimmed it and it mostly reads like gibberish. The ACA was not a big leap forward for Universal Healthcare is was a great big money grab for private insurers and Healthcare providers. It forced every citizen who didn't have Healthcare through employment to purchase private Healthcare at the risk of penalty. It did mandate some caps and limited insurers right to refuse care in some ways but it through subsidies at them to offset the loses. It was a giant giveaway to corporations that increased access to Healthcare for a lot of people but did not improve cost or efficiency.
Yes, the media has dumbed down your attention span to the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker.

I pointed you to that topic to show you there are better solutions. I guess that's why you didn't read it

Obamacare was a Great Leap Forward. It has brought us that much closer to UHC. There is no turning back now.

Thanks, Drumpf!

Okay, so what does that mean???

It means that the members of Congress are not doing their job and are instead allowing the Executive Branch to wield too much power.

A good example of this is the Authorization for Use of Military Force of 2001. Congress is supposed to hold the power to declare war, but they handed the power over to the Executive Branch. This AUMF is still in effect by the way, it has never been rescinded.

Another example is the area of immigration. Congress will not pass any real immigration reform and thus the Executive Branch just uses EOs to do what Congress is supposed to do, and Congress just lets them.

Either we make significant changes to our system or we continue to bend over and take it. That's entirely up to us.
  • Short, strict term limits
  • Publicly-funded elections
  • Independent/bipartisan redistricting commissions
  • Non-partisan primaries
  • Ranked choice voting
That would be a good start. Or we can just sit here and complain.
That's a good start to begin thinking about it all, but you are not going to find anyone interested in doing the heavy lifting for you. You will find plenty of arguments against the ideas that you are proposing, and those who are inclined to agree with you are not going to do anything. I am your closest ally.

My immediate argument is that you are offering specific and non-specific solutions to problems that would need to be described. My second argument is that we need to have a review process to understand the problems that you have yet to describe, and then we need to review all of the offered possible solutions to the then enumerated and categorized problems.

And that is going to require a constitutional convention beyond your ability to perceive. Kind of like God. :eusa_pray:

And then your problem is that you are of the false belief that only the legislators and governors can organize a constitutional convention. There is no way you have ever thought outside that box.

Last edited:
No, I was not saying that at all. This is the problem with the assumptions people make about me. A lot of morons think I am a liberal because I am a Never Trumper. I am quite the opposite.

If you read item 6 in the topic I pointed you to, and then go back and re-read my posts here, hopefully you will have your mind right this time.

I can give you the single greatest cause of gun homicides, especially the gang-related homicides. Then you tell me what you think the solution should be.

The single greatest cause of gun homicides is that gun makers are flooding our streets with guns for fun and profit.

Just like Big Pharma flooded our streets with opioids for fun and profit, and kicked off a horrific epidemic.
You definitely arent a liberal. You like the federal government too much to be a liberal.
Gun makers making guns cause people to shoot people? Lol ok

Gun control? Again, the GOP offers NOTHING in the way of a solution to the horrific number of gun deaths our country suffers every day, every week, every month, every year. All the Right does is offer resistance to any attempts by the Democrats to get this shit under control.

Congratulations. You've won stupid post of the week trophy.

Secure the border

Enforce current gun laws and laws in general.

It means that the members of Congress are not doing their job and are instead allowing the Executive Branch to wield too much power.
What it means is that the Founders' system of checks and balances does not work.

US4CC.meme.Sam_Elliot - Bipartisan_conspiracy.png

The problem that you are misidetifying is that the subsisting system of checks on power is dependent on the partisan power of the two branches. You are unable to recognize that the description of the checks on power in Federalist Paper #51 did not include a solution to the problem of the possible inadequate commissioning (Constitution description of missions) of the legislative houses and the inevitable formation of partisan alignment.

TO WHAT expedient, then, shall we finally resort, for maintaining in practice the necessary partition of power among the several departments, as laid down in the Constitution? The only answer that can be given is, that as all these exterior provisions are found to be inadequate, the defect must be supplied, by so contriving the interior structure of the government as that its several constituent parts may, by their mutual relations, be the means of keeping each other in their proper places. Without presuming to undertake a full development of this important idea, I will hazard a few general observations, which may perhaps place it in a clearer light, and enable us to form a more correct judgment of the principles and structure of the government planned by the convention.

Last edited:
No. It's not. That's like saying that if eating less is good, starving would be best.

Unfortunately, you can't run counterfactuals for historical events. That's why politics is so contentious. We'll point out that health care has become more and more expensive as regulations and government intrusion have piled on, and you'll tell us that the intrusion was necessary because health care was becoming more and more expensive. Chicken? Egg? Depends on ideology mostly.

I don't oppose socialized medicine because I think it will make health care worse. I do think it would make things worse, but my opposition is based on individual rights. We don't need government telling us how to do health care.
Individual rights are fairytales and it doesn't matter if you believe in your heart of hearts that universal healthcare would be worse, in every other first world nation it produces objectively better results.

Yes, the media has dumbed down your attention span to the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker.

I pointed you to that topic to show you there are better solutions. I guess that's why you didn't read it

Obamacare was a Great Leap Forward. It has brought us that much closer to UHC. There is no turning back now.

Thanks, Drumpf!
No. You just spout a lot of innuendo and demagoguery without many reasoned arguments.

You definitely arent a liberal. You like the federal government too much to be a liberal.
Gun makers making guns cause people to shoot people? Lol ok
How do you think the opioid epidemic got started? Are you that much in the dark?

The same principle is at work with guns. Far more guns are flooding the streets than there is a legitimate demand for.

Thanks for demonstrating the right wing tactic when confronted with our country's problems.

First, deny there is a problem.

Second, when forced to admit there is a problem, deny the causes.

Third, fight tooth and nail against any proposed solutions.

In the end, the overarching response from the right for any problem is to do NOTHING.

And that is how the Democrats get the upper hand in the long run.

Well, that's what happened with Obamacare, for sure. The insurance companies worked very hard to get their cut, and they succeeded. As did the labor unions.

And so we see health care costs continue their upward climb.

Isn't is a real shame the Republican/Trump "repeal and replace" theater for the rubes was all a massive hoax?
Yeah. Sitting on their hands proved much easier.

I'm not really looking for repeal and replace. I'm looking for repeal and repeal. Repeal ACA, and then repeal all the insurance regulations propping up their fiefdom - especially at the state level.

Yeah. Sitting on their hands proved much easier.

I'm not really looking for repeal and replace. I'm looking for repeal and repeal. Repeal ACA, and then repeal all the insurance regulations propping up their fiefdom - especially at the state level.
Just repealing Obamacare would only return us to the same skyrocketing cost trajectory we had before Obamacare.

That's why we have Obamacare in the first place!

Just repealing Obamacare would only return us to the same skyrocketing cost trajectory we had before Obamacare.

Yes. It would take more. That's why I wrote more: "and then repeal all the insurance regulations propping up their fiefdom - especially at the state level."

Which means they don't actually exist beyond your ability to enforce them.
I'm not really interested in explaining to you how rights work. Most people who don't get it, don't want to get it, because it gets in the way of their statist ambitions.

How do you think the opioid epidemic got started? Are you that much in the dark?

The same principle is at work with guns. Far more guns are flooding the streets than there is a legitimate demand for.

Thanks for demonstrating the right wing tactic when confronted with our country's problems.

First, deny there is a problem.

Second, when forced to admit there is a problem, deny the causes.

Third, fight tooth and nail against any proposed solutions.

In the end, the overarching response from the right for any problem is to do NOTHING.

And that is how the Democrats get the upper hand in the long run.
I didnt say there wasnt a problem. I just think your reasoning is fucking stupid and lazy.
The problem isnt gun manufacturers or the amount fo guns.
Most guns murders are done with illegal guns.
We have the most guns per capita in the world. Our gun murders in no way match those other countries.
Our problem is society. Shoving pills down kids throats. Embracing thug life. etc etc
Guns dont kill people. Dumbass.

Getting the problem out of healthcare would cause more problems? :lol:

I'm not really interested in explaining to you how rights work. Most people who don't get it, don't want to get it, because it gets in the way of their statist ambitions.
Sounds like your just snotty because you're incapable of explaining them in a way where you didn't have to obtain them through force.

Forum List

Back