I have been waiting two days to post this thread: Anti-union challengers are on the verge of victory

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Why didn't anyone think it was significant besides me?

Public sector unions are finished..

Anti-union challengers are on the verge of victory at Supreme Court

Anti-union challengers are on the verge of victory at Supreme Court

WASHINGTON — Dianne Knox describes herself as "a child of the '60s." Pam Harris grew up a butcher's daughter in a proud union household. Rebecca Friedrichs was secretary of her local teachers' union. Mark Janus supports the rights of workers to organize.

A 5-4 decision against the unions would free about 5 million government workers, teachers, police and firefighters, and others in 22 states from being forced to pay "fair share" fees — a potentially staggering blow to public employee unions.

The challengers' battles against the Service Employees International Union, the National Education Association, the American Federation of Teachers and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Workers are based on disagreements with the political and policy priorities of the national leadership.

“This is not my father’s or my grandfather’s union," says Harris, recalling the Amalgamated Meat Cutters to which they belonged. “This is a money-making scheme. It is a way to advance political agendas.”

Union leaders see the opposite — a power grab by what they call corporate billionaires and right-wing special interests to cripple the unions standing in their way.

"It is a defunding strategy," Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, said at a press conference with other union leaders Wednesday. "They want the economy to be further rigged in their favor."

That's not the story, the story is that's where the Democratic party gets their money. Dem politicians raise taxes on the people, funnel the money to public employees where unions then force employees to pay "dues" which are then kicked back to the Dem politicians. A scheme that would make a mob boss blush.

That's not the story, the story is that's where the Democratic party gets their money. Dem politicians raise taxes on the people, funnel the money to public employees where unions then force employees to pay "dues" which are then kicked back to the Dem politicians. A scheme that would make a mob boss blush.

One thing at a time, this supreme court ruling will be big if they vote against the public Unions.

The filthy greedy unions have become cash cows for the despicable Democrat Party and should not be entitled to protection by the government.

One thing at a time, this supreme court ruling will be big if they vote against the public Unions.

Dem's are already coming up with schemes to get around the SCOTUS ruling should they lose, typical of lawless lowlife scum.

Dem's are already coming up with schemes to get around the SCOTUS ruling should they lose, typical of lawless lowlife scum.

Without the greedy unions giving them so much campaign money and without the Illegals voting for them the Democrats would have a hard time getting 20% of the vote, wouldn't they?

Without the greedy unions giving them so much campaign money and without the Illegals voting for them the Democrats would have a hard time getting 20% of the vote, wouldn't they?

I like you flash, you hate public Unions as much as I do ..

:)

Ah, "anti-union challengers" is it?

Like these guys?
59cef84f7fce3.image.jpg

[QUO

I like you flash, you hate public Unions as much as I do ..

:)

Not just the public ones. All of them.

When I have an option I never buy anything made by an union. For instance, I drive a Tundra truck made in a non union plant in Texas rather than a Ford 150 made by the filthy ass UAW.

Good thing I live in a right to work state. I would never have a union worker come to my house to do anything.

You ever notice how the democrats really hate that you can spend your money the way you want to and need unions and obiecare to take care of it for you?

Like these guys?
59cef84f7fce3.image.jpg

That's the 1908 Democrat convention..

Am I right?

Nope. Although there is a poster here, not to mantion any names but if we did it would be Geaux4it who posted that and claimed it was a 1924 Democratic convention. It's actually a funeral march for a slain policeman in Wisconsin from December of that year. Seems there was bootlegging afoot, and the Klan of course was always about Prohibition in addition to the anti-union stuff.

Klan didn't exist in 1908 anyway.

Like these guys?
59cef84f7fce3.image.jpg

My mistake I do apologies ..1924

G.O.P. Path Recalls Democrats’ Convention Disaster, in 1924

G.O.P. Path Recalls Democrats’ Convention Disaster, in 1924
16ABOUT-articleLarge.jpg

At the 1924 Democratic National Convention, held at Madison Square Garden in New York, the most powerful bloc in the Democratic Party was the Ku Klux Klan.CreditThe New York Times

By Jim Dwyer

March 15, 2016
A presidential candidate who banked on support from the Ku Klux Klan. Blunt demands to ban certain religions and races from playing a full role in society. Violence and disorder at campaign rallies.

And a political party that tore itself apart not only over whom it would nominate for president, but also over whether religious and racial bigotry would be visible in its fabric.

Welcome to the 1924 Democratic National Convention, held at Madison Square Garden in New York, when the most powerful bloc in the Democratic Party was the Klan, fiercely opposed by the Tammany Hall Democrats. It was the longest political convention in American history, going 16 days and requiring 103 ballots before a compromise candidate was selected

Like these guys?
59cef84f7fce3.image.jpg

That's the 1908 Democrat convention..

Am I right?

Nope. Although there is a poster here, not to mantion any names but if we did it would be Geaux4it who posted that and claimed it was a 1924 Democratic convention. It's actually a funeral march for a slain policeman in Wisconsin from December of that year. Seems there was bootlegging afoot, and the Klan of course was always about Prohibition in addition to the anti-union stuff.

Liar

Like these guys?
59cef84f7fce3.image.jpg

My mistake I do apologies ..1924

December 5 1924 throw that man a fish. A month after the election in which the Klan endorsed Coolidge. I tried to tell the guy nobody holds political conventions on trolley tracks. The funniest part of this grand faux pas is that he got it from ---- Chuck Woolery. Yup, he mined his history from a fat ex-TV game show host. Serves him right.

Forum List

Back