I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

Wages people can live off of
So, again, you want the government to force citizens to pay other citizens a wage that is acceptable to you, right?

Yes, that is what I want

Employers are no longer willing to do it on their own.
As a result, taxpayers have to make up the difference and help pay for housing, food and healthcare for THEIR workers
Employers have never volunteered to pay workers what you think they should be paid, dumbass.
Yes they have.

My father had a HS education and got a Union Job
He earned enough to buy a house, raise 4 kids, take vacations, send 4 kids to college and retire at 61.
All without my mother working.

All of our neighbors had similar experiences
That was before 50 years of Democrat rule. Everyone could do that then, union job or not. Now no one can do it.
Exactly

Reagans Supply Side nonsense put an end to fair pay. Instead we got all powerful employers who are indifferent to the well being of their employees.
After Reagan, employees became commodities to be manipulated

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?

I'm a "leftist" but not a Democrat.

What I want is for people to have a say, for sensible politics without corruption to take charge.

Basically one person, one vote, one equal vote. i.e. Proportional Representation.

Who gets to decide how wealth gets distributed ?
The wealthy or those who earned the wealth?
The people who own the wealth, via purchases and investments. That would include the wealthy as well as anyone in society who has earned some wealth.
Absolutely

The wealthy OWN the wealth even though they did very little to actually earn it.
Really? So Michael Jordan did very little to earn his wealth in your view?

The people who own the wealth, via purchases and investments. That would include the wealthy as well as anyone in society who has earned some wealth.
Absolutely

The wealthy OWN the wealth even though they did very little to actually earn it.
How much wealth did Jerry Reinsdorf keep?

What did the owner of the Bulls do to generate wealth compared to what Michael Jordan did?

Last edited:
Republicans a party of thugs
There is no civil war in the Republican Partythe Confederates won long ago.

Instead, we are witnessing the end of a long molting process as the GOP slithers into its final form: a counter-majoritarian, fascist entity.

Republicans are shedding their masks and hoods, spitting out their dog whistles and outright embracing the Big Lie and the violent insurrectionists, conspiracy theorists, and racists who make up the party’s base and, increasingly, its representatives in Congress.

The GOP Is Now the Party of Thugs, Terrorists, Racists and Dopes

The foolish hope that Donald Trump was merely an outlier, a freakish aberration whose eventual exit would allow “adults” like Mitch McConnell to go back to their belligerent obstructionism, court packing, and shameless cravenness to corporate America and the 1 percent— you know, “business as usual,” as if any of that was normal or healthy — is gone.

During a House Oversight Committee this week, Rep. Andrew Clyde tried to gaslight America by declaring there was no riot and that the violent insurrection actually resembled a “normal tourist visit.” I would hate to vacation with Rep. Clyde and his family. The majority of Republicans believe that the 2020 election was rigged in favor of Biden.

Trump was not a cancerous growth but the end product of the party’s decades-long molting process. He’s the beating heart. He’s Republicans’ orange avatar, their unrestrained id, their boiling, festering rage that quenches its appetites while securing power and wealth by any means necessary. Democracy, rule of law, equality, fairness, voting rights are all unnecessary and cumbersome obstacles that must be either removed or weakened to achieve the ultimate goal: power for an overwhelmingly white, Christian conservative minority.

Just because Trump is golfing in Mar-a-Lago instead of rage-tweeting from the White House, doesn’t mean the threat has been removed. His tactics and tantrums have merely been picked up and copied by Republicans desperate to ride the same strategy to power in 2022 and 2024, perhaps with less sensationalism and fanfare.

Story continues

Absolutely

What did the owner of the Bulls do to generate wealth compared to what Michael Jordan did?
You answered my question with a question again. Rude. Answer me and I will answer you.

Absolutely

You answered my question with a question again. Rude. Answer me and I will answer you.
You got your answer
Michael Jordan is an employee of the Bulls. As an employee, HE generates wealth, not the owner.

Compare the revenue Michael Jordan earned for the NBA and Bulls ownership compared to what the owner generates.

The owner of the Bulls did not invent the game, he did not form the Bulls, he does not own the arena.
What does he do do generate revenue compared to what Jordan does?

Last edited:

Nice broadbrushing technique, bigot.
He is jealous because he has to live off the government and at 65 hasn’t accumulated any wealth.
I spent 40 years working for the Government

I have retired quite comfortably
Two houses, large pension, good healthcare, sizeable retirement fund.
And yet you bitch nonstop. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Nice broadbrushing technique, bigot.
He is jealous because he has to live off the government and at 65 hasn’t accumulated any wealth.
Another brainwashed hater. Absolute idiocy- poor America.
He lived off the Govt his entire life and then complains about the Govt. And stop with your petty bullshit Franco, it’s getting old.

Forum List

Back