What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Have A Question. Answers are not Mandated. I am a Republican.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They are drilling holes to vent the dangerous methane gas out of that mine.. Why now? Why didn't they vent them in the first place and avoid the explosion?

Thinman

Reaction score
They ventilate by other means during normal operations, but that option isn't available after an explosion and possible cave in. I'm sure they are taking the shortest road.

AquaAthena

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They are drilling holes to vent the dangerous methane gas out of that mine.. Why now? Why didn't they vent them in the first place and avoid the explosion?

WE will no doubt never know for sure. *Tears* for the families and the dead.

uscitizen

Reaction score
Methane comes out of the ground in coal mines.
The mine was cited for insufficient ventilation on 3-30....

Of course you are a republican. Like anynoe on here could not tell that ;)

Last edited:

Meister

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score

What does venting the mine have anything to do with you being a republican?

I think it has more to do with the fact that you are a whore.

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's a very good question, Willow. If the workers had been unionized, the collective bargaining agreement would have allowed the workers to categorically refuse to work in an unsafe area without being in fear of losing their jobs. I know a bit about the coal and area history of this conflict in VA, KY, WV, TN, and NC. Massey, Peabody, and other coal companies have massively resisted unionization, yet have failed to address such safety conditions.

My heart is with the miners' families.

uscitizen

Reaction score
Why didn't they vent them in the first place and avoid the explosion?
Profit.
The same reason mines routinely appeal all safety violations to avoid shutdown for safety issues.

OP
WillowTree

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score

you love me don't ya? I assume you do.. did you take care of go to hell? he has a question he needs answering,, he's too lazy to read..

OP
WillowTree

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's a very good question, Willow. If the workers had been unionized, the collective bargaining agreement would have allowed the workers to categorically refuse to work in an unsafe area without being in fear of losing their jobs. I know a bit about the coal and area history of this conflict in VA, KY, WV, TN, and NC. Massey, Peabody, and other coal companies have massively resisted unionization, yet have failed to address such safety conditions.

Oh my,, somebody has been watching mr. ed. Why can't they refuse to work in an unsafe mine without the union?

uscitizen

Reaction score

Oh my,, somebody has been watching mr. ed. Why can't they refuse to work in an unsafe mine without the union?

Umm get fired? Lots of people wanting mining jobs, dangerous as they are.

OP
WillowTree

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score

so here's my next question. coal mining is something I know little about, I know it's hard dangerous dirty work.. can these families sue the pants off this company? I hope they do.

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score

you love me don't ya? I assume you do.. did you take care of go to hell? he has a question he needs answering,, he's too lazy to read..

Old thread. I grew weary of that thread about 8 hours ago.

OP
WillowTree

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Old thread. I grew weary of that thread about 8 hours ago.

but he's still wailing and knashing his teeth and renting his clothes. help hymn.

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score

so here's my next question. coal mining is something I know little about, I know it's hard dangerous dirty work.. can these families sue the pants off this company? I hope they do.

Yes, the workers' families can and probably will sue. If discovery can document that the Massey execs knew without a doubt of the danger and elected to do nothing, then criminal charges up to murder can be considered by a district attorney's office. I doubt very much that the latter will happen.

R

rdean

Back in 2002, OSHA was deregulated and in place of regulations, "Voluntary Compliance" was added in many industries including timber, chemical and mining.

Venting cost money and time. Add the fact that these mines are not "unionized" and the miners desperately depend on their low wages. People are willing to gamble and take risks.

Some might ask, "What is this intrusive big government good for?" "What are Unions good for?"

Well, now we know.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List