I Have A Pepsi Addiction

I kicked my Pepsi habit over 40 years ago... Mexican Coca Cola is how I did it...
Yeah, I kicked my soda addiction with Mexican Coke as well. I don't know what it is about that stuff. I just tastes crisper or something. More satisfying.

And then I tappered that off to just two or three a month, only when I have Pizza.

I have had Mexican coke and I do agree, it's pretty damn good. But I don't see how it would be any healthier than Pepsi... ?

I kicked my Pepsi habit over 40 years ago... Mexican Coca Cola is how I did it...
Yeah, I kicked my soda addiction with Mexican Coke as well. I don't know what it is about that stuff. I just tastes crisper or something. More satisfying.

And then I tappered that off to just two or three a month, only when I have Pizza.

It's the real sugar, they stopped using it in the U.S. version around 1985, after the New Coke fiasco.

I buy two cases a year, limit myself to one a week on average.

My 2 vices: cigarettes and Pepsi.

About 6 months ago I quit smoking. After 20 years I was up to 2 packs/day. I used a Juul to ween myself off. It worked and I feel great. No more morning cough, food tastes better, and it seems like I have the nose of a dog. Downside - my metabolism crashed and I gained about 20 pounds. This is almost certainly exacerbated by my 2nd addiction - Pepsi. I am easily putting down a 2 liter per day. Whereas many people wake up in the morning and have a coffee... I crack a Pepsi.

I stopped for a few weeks, drinking only flavored water but I craved Pepsi every frickin day... worse than I ever craved a cigarette. Shit's like crack to me. This week I broke down and bought a few cases on Monday. It's Friday and I've got about 6 cans left. They'll certainly be gone by morning if not this evening.

Anyone else here ever have a bad soda habit? What'd you do to kick it?
I just flat out stopped eating and drinking what makes a person gain weight.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I will admit that I have been cheating a lot lately, but I've been told that I have earned the right to cheat. One thing that I have not done though is get lazy where working out is concerned. Even though the gym that I go to has been closed, I am still doing a walk five days a week.

About 6 months ago I quit smoking. After 20 years I was up to 2 packs/day. I used a Juul to ween myself off. It worked and I feel great. No more morning cough, food tastes better, and it seems like I have the nose of a dog. Downside - my metabolism crashed and I gained about 20 pounds. This is almost certainly exacerbated by my 2nd addiction - Pepsi. I am easily putting down a 2 liter per day. Whereas many people wake up in the morning and have a coffee... I crack a Pepsi.

I stopped for a few weeks, drinking only flavored water but I craved Pepsi every frickin day... worse than I ever craved a cigarette. Shit's like crack to me. This week I broke down and bought a few cases on Monday. It's Friday and I've got about 6 cans left. They'll certainly be gone by morning if not this evening.

Yikes!

I thought I had it bad at 1-2 cans a day.

It's the real sugar, they stopped using it in the U.S. version around 1985, after the New Coke fiasco.

I buy two cases a year, limit myself to one a week on average.
I have a fridge full of real.sugar Pepsi. It's sold in the grocery stores here.

I drink no more than 12 ounces of soda per day, and I drink Zevia. Pepsi, Coke, Mountain Dew, get off all of that, that garbage is loaded with sugar and aspartame, whereas Zevia has nothing artificial and is sweetened with Stevia leaf.

You're poisoning yourself with this vice, and you'll end up with diabetes and rotten teeth if you don't change your ways. Buy flavored water (I love Propel, myself, and drink 24 to 48 oz. a day) and you can replace a bad habit with a good one.

I drink too many RC Cola and Sprite....I think I also have some kind of addiction!
Unfortunately (almost) everything can be addictive! We're at risk day after day :confused:
I think I can't do anything against my "addiction" just deal with it ;)

I have had Mexican coke and I do agree, it's pretty damn good. But I don't see how it would be any healthier than Pepsi... ?

It's amazing how much the public has no clue about isn't it? I mean these - - - have no clue wth they eat and could care less cause its FDA approved. WE can trust the FDA with our lives you know. bahah.

I've never been able to quit smoking, I hope I never need to quit.

Forum List

Back