I had the wonderful opportunity to share my faith and observe the wonders of creation with a patient of mine

The_Lyrical_Miracle

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2021
I'm a Physical Therapist Assistant by trade, and I love what I do.

One of my patients is an 85 yr old patient who is a devout Christian who is sadly non-weightbearing on one of here legs... she beats herself up over it and worries about her status as a human being as far as being productive.

I noticed that, in the courtyard of our building, geese produced cute goslings who were on display by their parents. I wheeled my patient down to perform therapy just outside the courtyard so she could view the goslings and feel the warmth of youthful innocence and the beauty of God's creation.

While it's wonderful to observe, I also know that goslings trapped in a courtyard are bad news, because they can't fly yet, and cannot fly to water or avoid being picked off by Hawks. So, I spear-headed a movement to transport the babies, and parents, outside of the courtyard to open area where they could act on natural instinct and find shelter and water for their young.

Geese aren't humans, but the babies brought joy to people who saw them. My patient was so healed by viewing them. We watched them in the chapel and prayed the Lords Prayer together. Everybody won.

Forum List

Back