I got promoted

Player35

Mar 15, 2022
After my boss at work thumbed through some of the books I gave him and watch 2 of the six bluray documentaries that I gave him..

He asked me not to take the job at Fitness One, slated to be a more professional work environment...
Saying that he'll pay me $22 an hour, double the pay of either my current home depot job or the one at Fitness one..
And give me a promotion to department supervisor at home depot..
And give me a forklift license, and give me full time, plus overtime...

And he'll institute a general tolerance and acceptance and diversity training program here at the home depot, to make blue collar workers, who generally lack such people skills and who usually have only average, to barely superior intellectual capacity, which is between 100 and 125..and usually between no training, up to only "Trade school" education, to make them more aware of other people.

I said, deal.

After my boss at work thumbed through some of the books I gave him and watch 2 of the six bluray documentaries that I gave him..

He asked me not to take the job at Fitness One, slated to be a more professional work environment...
Saying that he'll pay me $22 an hour, double the pay of either my current home depot job or the one at Fitness one..

And he'll institute a general tolerance and acceptance and diversity training program here at the home depot, to make blue collar workers, who generally lack such people skills and who usually have only average, to barely superior intellectual capacity, which is between 100 and 125..and usually between no training, up to only "Trade school" education, to make them more aware of other people.

I said, deal.
$22 an hour at home depot is overtime included?

I said, deal.
Good deal

Now spend 5-10 hours a week to your greatest passion and start your own business and see if you can make money

You sound like you could make it all yourself

Damn I make $30 an hour but I should look into it , I have to deal with to much bullshit like actually fixing machines and getting dirty .

I could walk around a home depot store for hours not doing anything and sending customers to ailse 167
What kid of machines if I may ask

I said, deal.
"He asked me not to take the job at Fitness One."
"I said, deal."

All the Drama Queen nonsense in between is useless. Get over yourself.

Last edited:

I said, deal.
Good for you. Make the most of the advantages that come your way. In my experience, they come few and far between but can make a big difference in the long run.

I said, deal.
Thank you for working at Home Depot. I have over 35,000 shares of HD, and appreciate anyone who helps it go up... Keep up the good work.

1647479222118.png

I said, deal.
I worked at Home Depot from 1988 to 1991, where the stock was around $35 a share and split a few times since then, also been buying up while overseas...

I like menards better then home depot or lowes

More selections and cheaper then lowes

Injection molding/blow molding/ die cast are my speciality along with the robotics automation and tooling
I ran an Acme Gridley 6 spindle bar machine for many a Summers way back. SPS, Statistical Processing Control was the new rage

We cut this harder than fuck stainless steel for lung and heart machines. Tolerances in the 1000.s

Highest pressure hydraulic fittings imaginable. I loved that job

I ran an Acme Gridley 6 spindle bar machine for many a Summers way back. SPS, Statistical Processing Control was the new rage

We cut this harder than fuck stainless steel for lung and heart machines. Tolerances in the 1000.s

A while back i was handling F-15 jets of the Royal Saudi AF. Mil spec on everything. Love that bird.

1647480137277.png

Can I ask what you did next?

You appear around my age ( with the SPC of the 1980s the new thing)

You seem successful and retired now

A while back i was handling F-15 jets of the Royal Saudi AF. Mil spec on everything. Love that bird.

View attachment 616994
Lol.........Aerospace fittings was another dept. I did heart and lung...................I was starting to learn how to setup machines but my love was finance.................Damned high sulfur cutting oils splashing all over me didn't help...lol

Can I ask what you did next?

You appear around my age ( with the SPC of the 1980s the new thing)

You seem successful and retired now
Personal finance. I was a machinist during college Summers, breaks, and some Saturdays. Probably at least 2 yrs of full time hts..........Still got all my Starrett micrometers...lol

Forum List

Back