I finally saw Apocalypse Now

Never realized how great the Doors music is !!

Do you rank this higher than 12 angry men and TGTBTU

Magnificent movie.
A fair amount of it drifts away from reality, more than half of the movie is set in an alternative reality if you will. But the way the story is developed and shown is just brilliant.
You can spend a lifetime trying to make sense of several scenes, hell half of them, or you can just enjoy the spectacle of it.

The movie was made to illustrate the madness of war as seen through the eyes of the very young boys who fought in it. Nothing made sense to them, they were surrounded with madness, killing, bodies, fire and commands given to them that was equally mad.
As well as, in war, a perfectly sane good person temporarily becomes a monster capable of almost anything.

The movie was made to illustrate the madness of war as seen through the eyes of the very young boys who fought in it. Nothing made sense to them, they were surrounded with madness, killing, bodies, fire and commands given to them that was equally mad.
As well as, in war, a perfectly sane good person temporarily becomes a monster capable of almost anything.
What is there to disagree with Sunni Man
That is literally the intention of the movie - he says so himself.
I didn't offer an opinion, you can certainly disagree with his take - but not mine.

Last edited:
So which University class were you taught this retarded version of the psychology of men that participated in the Vietnam War?

Forum List

Back