I finally got COVID. Crazy coincidences surround it.

I haven't had the inability to breathe experience. Doesn't sound fun, I'm sorry you went through it.

That sound very similar to what I'm experiencing. It seems to be waning now. It's Sunday, and I was exposed Tuesday if I got it from my chicken sharing friend.

No, I only had two tests and my son used the other. Should I retest today?

Ok, thanks.

I am assuming it was the alpha covid, due to the time I had it (fairly early on, even before vaccines were available), and, the fact I wasn't moving, it happened at rest. If it occurred when I was exercizing or the like, I might attribute it to a heart attack/cardiomyalgia.

The second event was almost certainly omicron. My wife had visited her family and one of the kids apparently had tested positive for covid some time earlier. She comes back home and the next day the snuffiness starts. Unlike any congestion I have experienced.

I tried to drink lemon water, hot tea and went through two boxes of kleenex in a couple of days.

Many have had covid and don't even know they have it.

Omicron vaccinated the world and for the most part ended this mess. It's an upper respiratory virus......not a deep lung virus.

More than two years into the pandemic, I finally came up positive. I'm fully vaxxed, which you could read two ways. You could say that I'm more proof that the vaccines are useless, or you could say that the vaccines were what kept me from getting it all these months.

I went on a cruise last Saturday (June 4). I had to provide proof of a medical test that showed me COVID negative, along with my wife. About Tuesday, I started getting a scratchy throat. One of our friends had been hoarse since the beginning the trip, and on Monday, I made the mistake of swapping pieces of fried chicken with her.

I was having some trouble breathing the next few days, but I was sweating out zip lining and climbing Mayan pyramids, so it was hard to judge how bad I was. I had Sucrets but no decongestant, so I was glad yesterday to see that I had some Thera-flu at home.

While I was sipping it, my son comes in from his job as a National Guardsman to announce that his office had a mini-pandemic of COVID and that he had just tested positive. I took a step back and said "sorry to hear that." His mom of course sat right down with him to listen to his tale of woah.

My other son walked down and heard the news. He's a bit of a hypo so he happen to have yet another COVID test expected to be delivered the next day. I still had the COVID tests that Biden mailed me, so he and I both took the test and came up positive.

I know that was way too quick to catch COVID from my son, but it seems such a co-ink-ee-dink to come home with COVID to a son who just got COVID from a completely different source.

Honestly, I'm off work right now, so if there is ever a good time to be COVID positive, this is it. I would have hated to tell my grandkids (if those failure-to-launch generation sons of mine ever produce any), that I went through the pandemic and never got the COVID.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please don't get any sicker than you have been and I hope you all make a speedy recovery.

I guess that's the medical test? Is it ethical to go in for one, when I'm pretty sure I'm positive?
PCR test when Positive are 100% reliable. Self test is at 80%. If you self tested again and it's Negative I would definetly get the PCR from a clinic, etc. If you self test again POS I would say it's a sure thing.

Also, self tests are no good for Omicron.

I got it after being vaxed too. I also have "long covid", which sucks because I have symptoms that pop up from time to time. Luckily I work from home. But it's still tough. I find beer and vodka helps tremendously!

This is a great time to get covid, congrats. The earlier variants were a little more dangerous, but the current variants are just a little cold like the old days.
I tested positive last month
I had cold like symptoms

Mild temperature, sore throat, runny nose

My brother had the original COVID and was in a hospital for a week

No, I only had two tests and my son used the other. Should I retest today?
In the old days, we didn't use test kits to see if we had a cold or not. We could tell by the soar throat, the sniffling, or other self evident symptoms. Hope you, your family, and your friends shake this cold soon.

I got it after being vaxed too. I also have "long covid", which sucks because I have symptoms that pop up from time to time. Luckily I work from home. But it's still tough. I find beer and vodka helps tremendously!
I had it from November thru Jan before it became a pandemic. Never had the respiratory ills, but I felt like hell. I had to test regularly for work and have never had a POS result. Got jabbed with J&J a year later and Maderna booster 6 months after that and still test NEG. Must be the weed I smoke.

I tested positive last month
I had cold like symptoms

Mild temperature, sore throat, runny nose

My brother had the original COVID and was in a hospital for a week
Sorry to hear about your brother. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital when delta was the thing, so I know how nasty those earlier variants were. I wish I could have gotten omicon.

More than two years into the pandemic, I finally came up positive. I'm fully vaxxed, which you could read two ways. You could say that I'm more proof that the vaccines are useless, or you could say that the vaccines were what kept me from getting it all these months.

I went on a cruise last Saturday (June 4). I had to provide proof of a medical test that showed me COVID negative, along with my wife. About Tuesday, I started getting a scratchy throat. One of our friends had been hoarse since the beginning the trip, and on Monday, I made the mistake of swapping pieces of fried chicken with her.

I was having some trouble breathing the next few days, but I was sweating out zip lining and climbing Mayan pyramids, so it was hard to judge how bad I was. I had Sucrets but no decongestant, so I was glad yesterday to see that I had some Thera-flu at home.

While I was sipping it, my son comes in from his job as a National Guardsman to announce that his office had a mini-pandemic of COVID and that he had just tested positive. I took a step back and said "sorry to hear that." His mom of course sat right down with him to listen to his tale of woah.

My other son walked down and heard the news. He's a bit of a hypo so he happen to have yet another COVID test expected to be delivered the next day. I still had the COVID tests that Biden mailed me, so he and I both took the test and came up positive.

I know that was way too quick to catch COVID from my son, but it seems such a co-ink-ee-dink to come home with COVID to a son who just got COVID from a completely different source.

Honestly, I'm off work right now, so if there is ever a good time to be COVID positive, this is it. I would have hated to tell my grandkids (if those failure-to-launch generation sons of mine ever produce any), that I went through the pandemic and never got the COVID.

Vaccines aren't designed to stop you getting it.
They're designed to reduce the chances of getting it and reduce the impact of the virus when you do get it.

Vaccines aren't designed to stop you getting it.
They're designed to reduce the chances of getting it and reduce the impact of the virus when you do get it.
How much do they reduce your chances of getting the virus you're vaccinated against?

How much do they reduce your chances of getting the virus you're vaccinated against?

Well, it's a complicated thing to simply say a number.
It'd depend on who you are, the vaccine you have, the type of virus you have....

Forum List

Back