I finally got COVID. Crazy coincidences surround it.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
More than two years into the pandemic, I finally came up positive. I'm fully vaxxed, which you could read two ways. You could say that I'm more proof that the vaccines are useless, or you could say that the vaccines were what kept me from getting it all these months.

I went on a cruise last Saturday (June 4). I had to provide proof of a medical test that showed me COVID negative, along with my wife. About Tuesday, I started getting a scratchy throat. One of our friends had been hoarse since the beginning the trip, and on Monday, I made the mistake of swapping pieces of fried chicken with her.

I was having some trouble breathing the next few days, but I was sweating out zip lining and climbing Mayan pyramids, so it was hard to judge how bad I was. I had Sucrets but no decongestant, so I was glad yesterday to see that I had some Thera-flu at home.

While I was sipping it, my son comes in from his job as a National Guardsman to announce that his office had a mini-pandemic of COVID and that he had just tested positive. I took a step back and said "sorry to hear that." His mom of course sat right down with him to listen to his tale of woah.

My other son walked down and heard the news. He's a bit of a hypo so he happen to have yet another COVID test expected to be delivered the next day. I still had the COVID tests that Biden mailed me, so he and I both took the test and came up positive.

I know that was way too quick to catch COVID from my son, but it seems such a co-ink-ee-dink to come home with COVID to a son who just got COVID from a completely different source.

Honestly, I'm off work right now, so if there is ever a good time to be COVID positive, this is it. I would have hated to tell my grandkids (if those failure-to-launch generation sons of mine ever produce any), that I went through the pandemic and never got the COVID.

More than two years into the pandemic, I finally came up positive. I'm fully vaxxed, which you could read two ways. You could say that I'm more proof that the vaccines are useless, or you could say that the vaccines were what kept me from getting it all these months.

I went on a cruise last Saturday (June 4). I had to provide proof of a medical test that showed me COVID negative, along with my wife. About Tuesday, I started getting a scratchy throat. One of our friends had been hoarse since the beginning the trip, and on Monday, I made the mistake of swapping pieces of fried chicken with her.

I was having some trouble breathing the next few days, but I was sweating out zip lining and climbing Mayan pyramids, so it was hard to judge how bad I was. I had Sucrets but no decongestant, so I was glad yesterday to see that I had some Thera-flu at home.

While I was sipping it, my son comes in from his job as a National Guardsman to announce that his office had a mini-pandemic of COVID and that he had just tested positive. I took a step back and said "sorry to hear that." His mom of course sat right down with him to listen to his tale of woah.

My other son walked down and heard the news. He's a bit of a hypo so he happen to have yet another COVID test expected to be delivered the next day. I still had the COVID tests that Biden mailed me, so he and I both took the test and came up positive.

I know that was way too quick to catch COVID from my son, but it seems such a co-ink-ee-dink to come home with COVID to a son who just got COVID from a completely different source.

Honestly, I'm off work right now, so if there is ever a good time to be COVID positive, this is it. I would have hated to tell my grandkids (if those failure-to-launch generation sons of mine ever produce any), that I went through the pandemic and never got the COVID.

Sorry to hear that, though glad to see you are ok.

One question, as I am certain I had covid as well, the Alpha strain, did you suffer from a few seconds of not being able to breath at all? In my case, I had back to back successive incidents (within about 5-7 seconds total or so) where I couldn't breathe. It felt like one would feel if they ran into a pole and hit their gut, and they can't breathe for a moment or two.

In my case, it happened when I was at rest and it really worried me obviously for those moments. I don't want to believe it could be anything other than covid.

I also had another experience which I believe could have been omicron, 4 days of runny nose, heavily congested etc. In both cases, they were unique and very rare for me.

Last edited:
This is a great time to get covid, congrats. The earlier variants were a little more dangerous, but the current variants are just a little cold like the old days.

Hey, good luck with it Seymour. Being vaxxed hopefully means it will remain a light case, just an introductory excursion into it.

There is actually a thread on this site that documents the death toll from the omicon variant from the beginning. Zero documented deaths to date:

. . . or you could say that the vaccines were what kept me from getting it all these months.
Ancient tribes believed that the gods were angry with them whenever a bad storm was brewing . They responded by throwing a virgin into the volcano as a sacrifice to the gods. And when half of their village was washed away anyway, the chief could be heard saying, "Can you imagine how bad it would have been had we not thrown the virgin into the volcano?!

You know, a cruise ship is about as close to a petri dish you can get when it comes to this virus. I've got friends who have gone, and are going, on cruises, and they always ask if I want to go.

Haven't been able to get myself to that point yet...
I agree. My relatives and friends loved to cruise and were always trying to get me and my wife to go. We never went and now with all the various outbreaks of sicknesses on cruise ships, we never will.

One question, as I am certain I had covid as well, the Alpha strain, did you suffer from a few seconds of not being able to breath at all? In my case, I had back to back successive incidents (within about 5-7 seconds total or so) where I couldn't breathe. It felt like one would feel if they ran into a pole and hit their gut, and they can't breathe for a moment or two.

In my case, it happened when I was at rest and it really worried me obviously for those moments. I don't want to believe it could be anything other than covid.
I haven't had the inability to breathe experience. Doesn't sound fun, I'm sorry you went through it.
I also had another experience which I believe could have been omicron, 4 days of runny nose, heavily congested etc. In both cases, they were unique and very rare for me.
That sound very similar to what I'm experiencing. It seems to be waning now. It's Sunday, and I was exposed Tuesday if I got it from my chicken sharing friend.

Did you re-test the next day?

No, I only had two tests and my son used the other. Should I retest today?

So

Sorry to hear that. So how long have you had symptoms? LOL 'failure to launch sons', I can relate!! :)

You could say that I'm more proof that the vaccines are useless, or you could say that the vaccines were what kept me from getting it all these months.
That is always the spin, from both sides. Personally, to me, if a vaccine doesn't prevent infection, it's not a vaccine.
I hope you get well soon.

I haven't had the inability to breathe experience. Doesn't sound fun, I'm sorry you went through it.

That sound very similar to what I'm experiencing. It seems to be waning now. It's Sunday, and I was exposed Tuesday if I got it from my chicken sharing friend.

No, I only had two tests and my son used the other. Should I retest today?
Yes or better yet get a PCR test.

So you think you contracted Covid twice? Were you hospitalized at all? Hopefully you are fully recovered.

Sorry to hear that. So how long have you had symptoms? LOL 'failure to launch sons', I can relate!! :)
Symptoms since Wednesday. The FTL sons for a little over two years.

Both went into the military, both have jobs, but both divorced and have moved back in with grumpy dad and mom who is about one eighth Italian, but acts like the stereotypical Italian mama mia, lamenting that they still live at home, while cooking up all their favorite meals.

I knew I have an extraordinary intellect before Covid. Now I know I’m one of the smartest people alive.

E02E7329-2A24-4965-9463-F02D8AAEE202.jpeg

Wait a minute now, you said that you and the wife were on a cruise, and your wife's friend you shared a piece of chicken with her ? Otherwise you bit off the same piece of chicken your wife's friend bit off of too ?? Or was it that y'all's friend just touched the chicken when handed it to you in the swap ? lol

Forum List

Back