"I fear we fought the wrong enemy and i fear we will regret it" --- General Patton

or and

Operation Pike - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Operation_Pike

Operation Pike was the code-name for a strategic bombing plan, overseen by Air Commodore John Slessor, against the Soviet Union by the Anglo-French alliance. British military planning against the Soviet Union occurred during the first two years of the Second World War, when, despite Soviet neutrality, ... Serious preparation by the British began after the end of the
Superior technology, superior tactics, superior industrial capacity, command of the air and seas, veteran troops in place, German officers could have been used to fill in most of the intel blanks, red army seriously depleted after taking Berlin...Might well have taken Moscow before Hiroshima.

USA produced more than 50% world GDP in 1945 and 95% of high tech products

by the way the west had the plan actually
Operation Unthinkable - Wikipedia
The US lost 400,000 in WWII
By 1945, the public was sick of war and wanted it to end

Proposing an invasion of the USSR would have led to riots, not only at home, but within the ranks

There was no Pearl Harbor to rally the country for an extended war. A war that would have led to massive US casualties

US atomic bomb atop German V-2 = Stalin goes home

The US did not have an atomic bomb in May 1945 when Patton was shooting his mouth off.

So what if we nuked the hell out of a former ally and killed millions of people for no reason other than they were commies?

Where does that leave the US on the global stage? We would be hated
I can't even imagine the depth of your love for Uncle Joe, it's fucking frightening

Are you deluded enough to believe that the US could justify killing millions of people just because they were led by Stalin?

You must be a Communist troll, you do nothing but side with Uncle Joe

Give me a scenario where that could possibly happen

1. scenario one: accidental missile launch leading to full exchange. End of everything.

2. scenario two: jimmy carter wins re-election leading to weaker nato, leading to soviet union surviving and winning.

Trump has given us a weaker NATO with the US no longer in the lead

You made a serious request about how the Cold War could have gone. I gave you a serious and honest answer.

You ignored it, and made a comment about a post cold war situation, which is utterly irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Why are you like this?

Just mocking your claims that Jimmy Carter led to a weaker NATO

Would Jimmy Carter had support Solidarity? Would Jimmy Carter had sent Stinger missiles to the Mujaheen? Would Jimmy Carter have deployed cruise missiles?
Jimmy Carter ran a balanced budget
He also cut down post Vietnam forces as he would be expected to do

Carter actually volunteered to serve his country and didn’t claim to have bone spurs

The US lost 400,000 in WWII
By 1945, the public was sick of war and wanted it to end

Proposing an invasion of the USSR would have led to riots, not only at home, but within the ranks

There was no Pearl Harbor to rally the country for an extended war. A war that would have led to massive US casualties

The US did not have an atomic bomb in May 1945 when Patton was shooting his mouth off.

So what if we nuked the hell out of a former ally and killed millions of people for no reason other than they were commies?

I can't even imagine the depth of your love for Uncle Joe, it's fucking frightening

Are you deluded enough to believe that the US could justify killing millions of people just because they were led by Stalin?

When the question becomes, should we slaughter millions of innocent Russians just because they live in a communist country?

1. scenario one: accidental missile launch leading to full exchange. End of everything.

2. scenario two: jimmy carter wins re-election leading to weaker nato, leading to soviet union surviving and winning.

You made a serious request about how the Cold War could have gone. I gave you a serious and honest answer.

You ignored it, and made a comment about a post cold war situation, which is utterly irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Why are you like this?

Would Jimmy Carter had support Solidarity? Would Jimmy Carter had sent Stinger missiles to the Mujaheen? Would Jimmy Carter have deployed cruise missiles?

Carter actually volunteered to serve his country and didn’t claim to have bone spurs

Your repeated refusals to serious and honestly respond to my points, shows that you understand that they are valid.

And thus, my original point, ie that the Cold War could have gone much worse than it did, is true.

AND, thus, that Patton had a point. THe Soviet Union was in many ways, a more serious threat than Nazi Germany.

Why are you like this?

Your repeated refusals to serious and honestly respond to my points, shows that you understand that they are valid.

And thus, my original point, ie that the Cold War could have gone much worse than it did, is true.

AND, thus, that Patton had a point. THe Soviet Union was in many ways, a more serious threat than Nazi Germany.
Patton was a political moron.
One reason it took him so long to get promoted

He was a tactical genius but had no concept of political realities

Committing US forces to fight the Soviets after 400,000 deaths for no reason is the rant of an idiot

or and

Operation Pike - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Operation_Pike

Operation Pike was the code-name for a strategic bombing plan, overseen by Air Commodore John Slessor, against the Soviet Union by the Anglo-French alliance. British military planning against the Soviet Union occurred during the first two years of the Second World War, when, despite Soviet neutrality, ... Serious preparation by the British began after the end of the
Superior technology, superior tactics, superior industrial capacity, command of the air and seas, veteran troops in place, German officers could have been used to fill in most of the intel blanks, red army seriously depleted after taking Berlin...Might well have taken Moscow before Hiroshima.
+

Anti-Soviet partisans - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Anti-Soviet_partisans

• [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_Independence_Party']Belarusian Independence Party
[/URL]

When the question becomes, should we slaughter millions of innocent Russians just because they live in a communist country?
The only person who slaughtered tens of million of innocent Russians was your Hero Uncle Joe.

1442.jpg

The only person who slaughtered tens of million of innocent Russians was your Hero Uncle Joe.
Doesn’t answer the question

How do you justify killing millions of civilians just because they are communist?

How do you justify killing millions of civilians just because they are communist?

Stalin bot says what?

in 1945 koba did not have recurses och technologies to fight USA/UK . so it´d straight forward koba´s capitulation . do you need a link ?

in 1945 koba did not have recurses och technologies to fight USA/UK . so it´d straight forward koba´s capitulation . do you need a link ?
No idea what the fuk you are saying

Joseph Stalin - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Joseph_Stalin

Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin was a Georgian revolutionary and Soviet politician who led the .... Another influential text was Alexander Kazbegi's The Patricide, with Stalin adopting the nickname "Koba" from that of the book's bandit protagonist.

Why are you like this?

Committing US forces to fight the Soviets after 400,000 deaths for no reason is the rant of an idiot

All correct. Yet, his point about the Soviet Union was also completely right. THey were in many ways, more of a grave threat than Nazi Germany was.

Your inability to even discuss this honestly, is very odd.

Joseph Stalin - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Joseph_Stalin

Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin was a Georgian revolutionary and Soviet politician who led the .... Another influential text was Alexander Kazbegi's The Patricide, with Stalin adopting the nickname "Koba" from that of the book's bandit protagonist.
I know who Stalin was
I just have no idea what you are rambling about

All correct. Yet, his point about the Soviet Union was also completely right. THey were in many ways, more of a grave threat than Nazi Germany was.

Turns out, we did not attack the Soviets
History proved the decision to be correct

We fought a conflict one way and managed to win. That does not address whether Patton was right on the scale of the threat or whether another way would have been superior.

Why is this so important to you to avoid? Do you even know?

We fought a conflict one way and managed to win. That does not address whether Patton was right on the scale of the threat or whether another way would have been superior.

The threat was contained through a Cold War up till the Soviet Union collapsed. Nobody killed

The threat was contained through a Cold War up till the Soviet Union collapsed. Nobody killed

MIllions killed. And it could have been far worse. Failure was always an option. Full scale nuclear exchange was always an option.

Your pretense that the way it went, was the only way it could have gone, is to silly to be taken seriously.

Why are you so determined to avoid looking at this honestly? What is your investment here?

Do you fear FDR looking like less of a Great Leader?

Forum List

Back