"I fear we fought the wrong enemy and i fear we will regret it" --- General Patton

How Communism Took Over Eastern Europe After World War ...

https://www.theatlantic.com › international › archive › 2012/10 › how-co...

Oct 22, 2012 - Soviet-built tanks wheel into action in a smoke-filled Budapest street during .... The people who occupied Eastern Europe and the people who ...

Military occupations by the Soviet Union - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Military_occupations_by_the_Soviet_Uni...

During World War II, the Soviet Union occupied and annexed several countries effectively .... The Soviet Union, which did not recognize the sovereignty of Romania over Bessarabia since the union of 1918, issued an ultimatum on 28 June 1940 ...

How many hundreds of thousands deaths were we supposed to endure to invade the Soviet Union?

Just push them back to their start lines. Your Progressive Founding Father murdered at least 20,000,000 and enslaved all of Eastern Europe.

I think with America industry, the ME-262, reconstituting 70 German divisions, the war with the USSR would have been over in about 3 weeks
What fantasy world do you live in?
You think USSR would have voluntarily surrendered territory over which millions died?
After spending four years to defeat the Germans, you think the American public would have stood for reconstituting their army?

Hitler thought he could defeat the Soviets in three weeks
USA produced more than 50% world GDP in 1945 and 95% of high tech products

by the way the west had the plan actually
Operation Unthinkable - Wikipedia
The US lost 400,000 in WWII
By 1945, the public was sick of war and wanted it to end

Proposing an invasion of the USSR would have led to riots, not only at home, but within the ranks

There was no Pearl Harbor to rally the country for an extended war. A war that would have led to massive US casualties

US atomic bomb atop German V-2 = Stalin goes home

OK righties...

What if we invaded the USSR and won?

What do we do next? The USSR had lost 20 million people, its cities were destroyed, people were homeless and starving.

If we invaded, guess who would have had to rebuild Russia and take care of the people?

And history proved Patton 100% correct. Eastern Europe suffered Communist oppression (which America progressive love) for for 40 year until Reagan freed them.

With America production, the atomic bomb, the ME262, Stalin would have gladly walked back to his starting line.
History proved Patton wrong

The Soviet Union collapsed without a US invasion.

It could have gone much worse. It could have led to the end of everything. It could have led to a commie victory and endless oppression.

Give me a scenario where that could possibly happen

How many hundreds of thousands deaths were we supposed to endure to invade the Soviet Union?

Just push them back to their start lines. Your Progressive Founding Father murdered at least 20,000,000 and enslaved all of Eastern Europe.

I think with America industry, the ME-262, reconstituting 70 German divisions, the war with the USSR would have been over in about 3 weeks
You think USSR would have voluntarily surrendered territory over which millions died?
After spending four years to defeat the Germans, you think the American public would have stood for reconstituting their army?

Proposing an invasion of the USSR would have led to riots, not only at home, but within the ranks

There was no Pearl Harbor to rally the country for an extended war. A war that would have led to massive US casualties

The US did not have an atomic bomb in May 1945 when Patton was shooting his mouth off.

So what if we nuked the hell out of a former ally and killed millions of people for no reason other than they were commies?

Where does that leave the US on the global stage? We would be hated

And history proved Patton 100% correct. Eastern Europe suffered Communist oppression (which America progressive love) for for 40 year until Reagan freed them.

With America production, the atomic bomb, the ME262, Stalin would have gladly walked back to his starting line.

It could have gone much worse. It could have led to the end of everything. It could have led to a commie victory and endless oppression.

1. scenario one: accidental missile launch leading to full exchange. End of everything.

2. scenario two: jimmy carter wins re-election leading to weaker nato, leading to soviet union surviving and winning.

General Patton was only partly right, both cannabis ´d be hunted down, but west ´d take koba first (as the bigger and more dangerous butcher) . what do you think about Patton´s words?

"I fear we fought the wrong enemy and i fear we will regret it"

--- General Patton when asked about Germany
Patton was a political moron

Fighting the Soviets on what justification?
They invaded Poland....Enforcing the same treaty with the Poles that was invoked to declare war against the Nazis.

Poland was invaded by both Germany and USSR in Sept 1939. We did not enter a War with Germany until Dec 1941......Germany declared war on us
I was talking about the pact between Poland and the rest of western Europe, with whom the US had become allied....When and how the US entered the war was immaterial at that point.

Didn't even need that.

The allies had complete air supremacy...There was nothing in the Red Air Force had that could come anywhere near rivaling the P-51 and late model Spitfires....They had zero strategic bombers...The Pershing tank was fully on line and the Germans could have been immediately set to rolling out more Tigers and Panthers....The arms industry back in the US was still running at 11....Could've rolled through Moscow and ended it all before the first snow.

The US did not have an atomic bomb in May 1945 when Patton was shooting his mouth off.

So what if we nuked the hell out of a former ally and killed millions of people for no reason other than they were commies?

I can't even imagine the depth of your love for Uncle Joe, it's fucking frightening

1. scenario one: accidental missile launch leading to full exchange. End of everything.

2. scenario two: jimmy carter wins re-election leading to weaker nato, leading to soviet union surviving and winning.

Trump has given us a weaker NATO with the US no longer in the lead

You made a serious request about how the Cold War could have gone. I gave you a serious and honest answer.

You ignored it, and made a comment about a post cold war situation, which is utterly irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Why are you like this?

General Patton was only partly right, both cannabis ´d be hunted down, but west ´d take koba first (as the bigger and more dangerous butcher) . what do you think about Patton´s words?

"I fear we fought the wrong enemy and i fear we will regret it"

--- General Patton when asked about Germany
Patton was a political moron

Fighting the Soviets on what justification?
They invaded Poland....Enforcing the same treaty with the Poles that was invoked to declare war against the Nazis.

Poland was invaded by both Germany and USSR in Sept 1939. We did not enter a War with Germany until Dec 1941......Germany declared war on us
I was talking about the pact between Poland and the rest of western Europe, with whom the US had become allied....When and how the US entered the war was immaterial at that point.

UK and France honored that treaty. The US had no part in it.
Are you saying the US should have declared war on both Germany and the USSR because they invaded Poland?

How would you sell that to the American public?

You made a serious request about how the Cold War could have gone. I gave you a serious and honest answer.

You ignored it, and made a comment about a post cold war situation, which is utterly irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Why are you like this?

Just mocking your claims that Jimmy Carter led to a weaker NATO

I can't even imagine the depth of your love for Uncle Joe, it's fucking frightening

Are you deluded enough to believe that the US could justify killing millions of people just because they were led by Stalin?

Didn't even need that.

The allies had complete air supremacy...There was nothing in the Red Air Force had that could come anywhere near rivaling the P-51 and late model Spitfires....They had zero strategic bombers...The Pershing tank was fully on line and the Germans could have been immediately set to rolling out more Tigers and Panthers....The arms industry back in the US was still running at 11....Could've rolled through Moscow and ended it all before the first snow.
Rommell recommended that the Germans concentrate on building 8.8cm Pak at the expense of tanks because the Soviets just loved to run full on to German positions

Didn't even need that.

Hitler thought the same thing
They had the same air superiority and tank forces

You neglect the same thing that stopped the Nazis, weather and logistics

Didn't even need that.

Rommell recommended that the Germans concentrate on building 8.8cm Pak at the expense of tanks because the Soviets just loved to run full on to German positions
They didn't exactly "love" doing that....That duty usually fell to conscripted political prisoners, and Stalin was running out of those....In any event, you change tactics and draw them in through tactical retreat, then encircle them.....Then you arm up the Poles and let them have at it...They hated both the Nazis and the Reds.

Why are you like this?

Just mocking your claims that Jimmy Carter led to a weaker NATO

Would Jimmy Carter had support Solidarity? Would Jimmy Carter had sent Stinger missiles to the Mujaheen? Would Jimmy Carter have deployed cruise missiles?

OK righties...

What if we invaded the USSR and won?

What do we do next? The USSR had lost 20 million people, its cities were destroyed, people were homeless and starving.

If we invaded, guess who would have had to rebuild Russia and take care of the people?

" who would have had to rebuild Russia and take care of the people" Koba did not take care about sovet people, all many went to bomb development. that's why soviet people died in a huge numbers without war in 1946-47
Soviet famine of 1946–47 - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Soviet_famine_of_1946–47

The 1946-47 famine in Ukraine affected most of the country except for an areas in few western provinces where the resistance to the forced food requisitions helped to save the people from starvation. Information about the famine in 1946-47 was similarly concealed by the Soviet government as was the famine in 1932-33.

and ussr did not have technology and recurses to fight USA/UK , ask solonin about the numbers

Mark Solonin. Historian's personal webpage.Mark Solonin

www.solonin.org › ...

Jun 25, 2019 - Mark Solonin - historian's personal webpage. Author of bestsellers about the beginning of the nazi-soviet war at 22th june 1941. Presented the ..

man, USA had the bomb in 1945, i know Muscovites very well, they are cowards, they will do what Japan did , capitulate

Didn't even need that.

Hitler thought the same thing
They had the same air superiority and tank forces

You neglect the same thing that stopped the Nazis, weather and logistics

Hitler was koba´s copycat , and did not have rescues for WW, meanwhile USA produced more than 50% of the world GDP

or and

Operation Pike - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Operation_Pike

Operation Pike was the code-name for a strategic bombing plan, overseen by Air Commodore John Slessor, against the Soviet Union by the Anglo-French alliance. British military planning against the Soviet Union occurred during the first two years of the Second World War, when, despite Soviet neutrality, ... Serious preparation by the British began after the end of the

Forum List

Back