I Don't Understand Reg Flag Laws

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Now, let me get this straight. There is enough evidence on someone that they are such a danger to society and to themselves that we can take their guns away through red flag laws. But, even though this person is such a danger to society, we just take their guns away and totally ignore them after that? We don't watch them or try to help them and we just let them run around loose? Without their guns they are no longer a danger to society? They can't use other weapons or they can't steal a gun from somewhere to use anyway? Americans are safe with these people who are a danger to society and to themselves when we just let them run around loose? If we have enough evidence that these people are such a danger to society that we can take their guns away but we don't have enough evidence to even get them the help they need and take them off the streets while we're doing that? We just let them continue being a danger to society but they have to be an unarmed danger (assuming they don't go out and steal a gun anyway)? Am I missing something?

To me, the overwhelming majority of mass shootings are done by people everyone who knows them says is a threat.
”The guy always creeped me out”
Keeping guns out of their hands should not be an issue

Now, let me get this straight. There is enough evidence on someone that they are such a danger to society and to themselves that we can take their guns away through red flag laws. But, even though this person is such a danger to society, we just take their guns away and totally ignore them after that? We don't watch them or try to help them and we just let them run around loose? Without their guns they are no longer a danger to society? They can't use other weapons or they can't steal a gun from somewhere to use anyway? Americans are safe with these people who are a danger to society and to themselves when we just let them run around loose? If we have enough evidence that these people are such a danger to society that we can take their guns away but we don't have enough evidence to even get them the help they need and take them off the streets while we're doing that? We just let them continue being a danger to society but they have to be an unarmed danger (assuming they don't go out and steal a gun anyway)? Am I missing something?
As a Canadian, I don't understand them either.

I can only guess that they're a desperate, last ditch attempt to reduce the slaughter with guns in America.

And fwiw, the root cause of a 'culture' of wars and violence is what needs to be addressed.

Maybe the most obvious red flag would be the guy walking down the street all dressed up in his camo costume, with knives and dud hand grenades hanging off of his body and clothing, and him carrying a black AR-15?

That's the good guy with a gun who is most likely to soon become the bad guy with ....................!

To me, the overwhelming majority of mass shootings are done by people everyone who knows them says is a threat.

You creep me out, so the government should take away any guns you have and throw you in jail.

See how that works?

The real issue is mental health that is damaged by pharmaceutical. ADHD and anti-depressant drugs, the use of which accelerated significantly since 1990, are a factor in most mass shootings (except for the gang related ones).

I can only guess that they're a desperate, last ditch attempt to reduce the slaughter with guns in America.

And fwiw, the root cause of a 'culture' of wars and violence is what needs to be addressed.

Maybe the most obvious red flag would be the guy walking down the street all dressed up in his camo costume, with knives and dud hand grenades hanging off of his body and clothing, and him carrying a black AR-15?

That's the good guy with a gun who is most likely to soon become the bad guy with ....................!
Red Flag laws can call someone crazy or whatever other name they decree if the government is of tyranny and he wants to fight back.

You creep me out, so the government should take away any guns you have and throw you in jail.

See how that works?

The real issue is mental health that is damaged by pharmaceutical. ADHD and anti-depressant drugs, the use of which accelerated significantly since 1990, are a factor in most mass shootings (except for the gang related ones).

And 'desperation' caused the turn to the drugs.
But you wouldn't be interested in finding any reasons for the gun violence and mass shootings, would you?

And then fwiw, the drugs contribute to the culture of violence due to so many wars, and the remedy becomes the use of the gun as a quick solution for everything.

In a perfect world, it would be written as a temporary stopgap measure to have weapons secured immediate, triggering a hearing to give the weapon's owner a due process path to have weapons returned if it is a "crazy Karen vindictive BS maneuver initiated for ulterior motives. Of course, we don't live in a perfect world. Hopefully Karen would get the legal fees incurred if BS. Everybody understands red flag situations and in modern society where family not available, unable or unwilling to step in and take weapons out of immediate use reach, can be necessary and beneficial to the family, co-workers and society in general. Problem is how to write them guaranteeing the rights to legitimate redress of false accusation, that scare the crap out of even normal gun owners, their property rights and good name, without being overburdened by legal expense to secure what is theirs, to have and to hold, sell or keep or pass down, etc.
It would be nice if it triggered follow up, but that is in the writing at state level and the enforcement at local level. Mind you, to your concern they might just steal a weapon to go on a killing spree, that is a special case and not all nut balls simultaneously go off their rocker and become thriving felons at the same time. I can only guarantee they won't be stealing mine, as they are locked up (except for the one in my shoulder holster, locked and loaded) as all weapons belonging to responsible gun owners should be.

Strangely enough, except for the dummy grenades, there are many places where that is legal, ill advisable, but legal, just the same.

See how that works?

Repubs closed the asylums, medicated the inmates & turned them out into the streets. Big Pharma paid them well for that.

See how that works?

Can you point out a state, where you are simultaneously thrown in jail?

This is a perfect example of how the left want to cancel people they don't like, based on nothing more than vague and generic complaints. They feel empowered to exact restrictions, punishments, and other controls on people they deed unworthy.

See how that works?

OK

Go before a judge and swear to that
If you are found to be abusing the law, you can be prosecuted

Red Flag laws can call someone crazy or whatever other name they decree if the government is of tyranny and he wants to fight back.
Ah, the rogue tyrannical government fear. I have and keep several weapons, but am not a slave to that fear.

This is a perfect example of how the left want to cancel people they don't like, based on nothing more than vague and generic complaints. They feel empowered to exact restrictions, punishments, and other controls on people they deed unworthy.
OK…This guy sits next to you in a movie theater carrying an AR 15
You going to change seats?

1655745523016.jpeg

Forum List

Back