I Don't Understand Reg Flag Laws

Now, let me get this straight. There is enough evidence on someone that they are such a danger to society and to themselves that we can take their guns away through red flag laws. But, even though this person is such a danger to society, we just take their guns away and totally ignore them after that? We don't watch them or try to help them and we just let them run around loose? Without their guns they are no longer a danger to society? They can't use other weapons or they can't steal a gun from somewhere to use anyway? Americans are safe with these people who are a danger to society and to themselves when we just let them run around loose? If we have enough evidence that these people are such a danger to society that we can take their guns away but we don't have enough evidence to even get them the help they need and take them off the streets while we're doing that? We just let them continue being a danger to society but they have to be an unarmed danger (assuming they don't go out and steal a gun anyway)? Am I missing something?
Its totally unconstitutional, and not in any way aimed at crime, or criminals, its aimed squarely at their political opposition, there are rats all over this forum, you know every fucking one of them, who would not hesitate to drop a dime on you if ever such a law was nationalized, and that is precisely why John Cornyn and Dan Crenshaw were just booed off of a Texas stage as they stupidly attempted to tout their treachery as a good thing!

Here is how it really is, fascists always accuse rinos of refusing to compromise, then rinos immediately capitulate to them with something, anything, and that is not compromise, that is giving with out also taking! For instance a compromise would be, okay will back expanded checks on 18-21 year olds, but you must offer repeal of the NFA in return, that would be a compromise! The facts are this, rinos are democrats, every fucking one of them, and thus they mask their treacheries as "compromise" when such is never, and never will be compromise, its treachery! :wink:

It just seems crazy to me that you can find enough evidence on someone to deem them to be a danger to society or to themselves and yet we do nothing to actually help them or take them off the streets.
Kinda sounds like operation Russian Collusion when The DemNazis were trying to find enough evidence on Trump and manufacture fake evidence even in order to overturn our Democracy.

The best defense against armed loonies, is armed sane people.

I do not believe in insanity btw. I believe that people simply give themselves over to Evil.
I do believe that a small percentage of people can have a chemical imbalance or extreme trauma which skews reality for them but even those people know right from wrong and choose to do what is Evil instead.

But that only happens after the fact. How about doing something ahead of time so innocent people don't die?
Like letting law abiding citizens be armed with open carry? Great idea!

Imagine if Defund The Police wasn't being drilled into our local law enforcement, and leftist weren't allowed to emasculate men, and police, and we as citizens were allowed to defend ourselves and gun down these leftist mass murderers instead of wasting tax payer money to coddle them in prison with three meals a day and a warm bed?

There would be a price to pay for murder again.

That requires time, effort, resources, money and a desire to actually try to fix the problem.

They have none of those. So it's easier to just try and take the guns because it makes it seem like they are actually doing something instantly about the problem and can publicly talk about what they are doing. They don't want long term solutions, they want fast perceived results.

And as a added benefit, they to be one step closer to taking whoever guns anytime they want. Because trust me, it will be abused at some point.
Most of the left are always quick to point out that, "No, we don't want to take everyone's guns away". But, the only way to actually stop the gun violence, is to take everyone's guns away. So, it is rather hard to believe them when they say that.

Just by walking around with an AR within city limit should trigger attention and questioning of authorities and place normal permitted conceal carry people on alert. No matter how normal some people would like it to be (as claimed as their right), it ain't normal in city civil society.
You're at least halfway to making the critical point White.
The 'red flag' that can be discussed includes the black AR-15 being carried around as a warning sign.
Just add to that the camo costume and the war paraphernalia hanging off them and you have a good candidate for tomorrow's killer.

Young Kyle got away with it and walked. His responsibility won't remain just two victims. He set the bar for the future in which killing with a gun is judged to be a legitimate reaction for people with a gun to protect themselves.

Good work by Kyle! Who can disagree?

Its totally unconstitutional, and not in any way aimed at crime, or criminals, its aimed squarely at their political opposition, there are rats all over this forum, you know every fucking one of them, who would not hesitate to drop a dime on you if ever such a law was nationalized, and that is precisely why John Cornyn and Dan Crenshaw were just booed off of a Texas stage as they stupidly attempted to tout their treachery as a good thing!

Here is how it really is, fascists always accuse rinos of refusing to compromise, then rinos immediately capitulate to them with something, anything, and that is not compromise, that is giving with out also taking! For instance a compromise would be, okay will back expanded checks on 18-21 year olds, but you must offer repeal of the NFA in return, that would be a compromise! The facts are this, rinos are democrats, every fucking one of them, and thus they mask their treacheries as "compromise" when such is never, and never will be compromise, its treachery! :wink:
To be honest, you sound exactly like the other side. My way or the highway. We take no prisoners and we do not negotiate.

To be honest, you sound exactly like the other side. My way or the highway. We take no prisoners and we do not negotiate.
To be honest, you sound like a loser, and with your mentality, losing is all you will ever know! Its shocking you would read my words and conclude me to be anything other than an American, you, you aren't there, you have embraced the suck as compromise, I don't want you, or anyone like you, even remotely aligned with my party! :poke:

It actually is an intelligent response. It would indeed throw up a red flag to you in that extreme situation but somebody should have realized the guy was a nut ball long before that time and taken steps (either within the family or legally) but didn't.

No it's not. It's an entirely different scenario and set of contexts than he, himself posited in the first place, while leveraging the very same broad vagueness criticized to justify reaching specific conclusions that are not supported by facts.

Most of the left are always quick to point out that, "No, we don't want to take everyone's guns away". But, the only way to actually stop the gun violence, is to take everyone's guns away. So, it is rather hard to believe them when they say that.
Point of order: They don't actually want to disarm criminals. They just want to disarm the people who would resist leftist tyranny.

The 'red flag' that can be discussed includes the black AR-15 being carried around as a warning sign.
Just add to that the camo costume and the war paraphernalia hanging off them and you have a good candidate for tomorrow's killer.

Young Kyle got away with it and walked. His responsibility won't remain just two victims. He set the bar for the future in which killing with a gun is judged to be a legitimate reaction for people with a gun to protect themselves.

Young Kyle was wearing a baseball hat and a t-shirt. He wasn't dressed as an operator.

And you're conflating -- on purpose -- self-defense and mass killings. I know why you're doing it. I wonder if you do.

Meanwhile, Kyle reacted legally to threats of injury or death to himself. And I guarantee you would not be bemoaning the reverse if Grosskreutz had shot Kyle with the pistol he was carrying illegally.

Just by walking around with an AR within city limit should trigger attention and questioning of authorities and place normal permitted conceal carry people on alert. No matter how normal some people would like it to be (as claimed as their right), it ain't normal in city civil society.
Again, it's not "normal" for someone to do that, but we're not concerned about someone who just carries one around, we're concerned about someone who's going to hide one until he starts shooting. AFAIK, the guys openly carrying AR's around are actually not shooting any places up. If you know differently, I'd like to know.

Kyle is really an outlier and represents a problem, in that he should not have been there, but had I stupidly been there, I would have shot my way out of the situation, too. It is illustrative though, of why 18 year olds should not even own one, they have control or unfettered access to. It also shows a good reason (not due to age) non-permit holders from out of state, never be allowed in-state with their weapons loaded except for hunting or on a controlled range. Last thing you need at a civil disturbance is a bunch of half-baked out of state, armed interloping independently operating reactionaries in the offense or defense. They multiday and night mission I was only cared about a couple of things, #1 protecting our uniformed comrades in arms and our selves from attack. #2 protecting city infrastructure and the guardsmen (armed but without ammo) assigned patrolling those sites. #3 breaking up and dispersing civilian gatherings on the street, especially near and after dark. Rights to assemble didn't get much thought and rights of civilians armed on the street that we knew about were nonexistent. If you got picked up, you didn't go to jail, you went to a fenced enclosure guarded by a contingent of MPs (who were the only other guardsmen among the 1800 deployed (besides us, as the Governor's and AG's shitkickers[armed to the teeth all personal weapon locked and loaded, crew served weapons loaded on arrival at disturbance but not chambered cocked], scanning buildings and civilians onsite) with no hurry to process while operation was underway. If was a few short years after Kent State. Civilians took guardsmen planning to go home to their wives and families as a number one priority very seriously. Half the people I was with, (all combat arms on assignment, most former active duty combat arms from one branch or another of active duty in the jungles of Vietnam and many had been on civil disturbance mission after the MLK assassination. Several carrying personal ammo in case they had to expend some, but might need to turn in all issued as if none had been expended, which pissed off our Commander worse that I've ever seen a Captain piss off upon finding out at ammo turn-in. It worked and nobody had to fire a shot. We sure didn't want or trust any civilian or require their help. We simply got everybody the Fk off the streets, regardless.

And 'desperation' caused the turn to the drugs.
But you wouldn't be interested in finding any reasons for the gun violence and mass shootings, would you?

And then fwiw, the drugs contribute to the culture of violence due to so many wars, and the remedy becomes the use of the gun as a quick solution for everything.

You haven't stopped beating your wife, have you?

I said quite distinctly that we have an escalating mental health crisis, which is exacerbated by pharma. I have also been quite outspoken that instead of more "sensible" (i.e. doomed to fail) gun control laws, we should find out why some young men feel so alienated and angry that they shoot other people. One big reason: lack of a decent father to teach them how to become men.

Happy belated Fathers' Day to all of the USMB Daddies.

Forum List

Back