I don't see how it is in the gop's interest to say no to any infrastructure deal, and that appears to be where they are headed.

The types of infrastructures that Biden is proposing have, for the most part, already been implemented in many countries and cities.

The fact that they directly benefit people and not just the military makes them even more justified.

BTW - Eisenhower's justified the Interstate highway system for mass evacuations, not mass troop movements.
like what?

yeah Eisenhower was great. Most military spending has benefit society with its innovations GPS is another great technology developed by the private sector for the military

Find a poison pill in whatever deal they come up with. And even now Republicans in Ill are looking to improve the El with funding.

I lean towards not liking "human infrstructure" and building health care sites, but we really are talking about fixing broken interstate bridges and traditional infrastructure. The only way the dems can win is if people really think the gop is against most everything and don't want to make life better, or help the economy. I won't say Portman is a lying sack of shit, but even if he has good intentions, this seems another case Republicans not being able to deliver a pizza, as they were on a debt deal back in Obama's second term.
Democrats are now trying to pack Amnesty into the 'Infrastructure bill. If you still can't see how the Republicans can say NO to such an 'Infrastructure bill then you're STUPID.

I think that's essentially correct. The D's and R's compromised on no new taxes on anyone, and decided to collect unpaid taxes. But the lobbyists for the people who don't pay taxes told the gop they would not support that, so the gop has dropped it from the compromise.

I really don't get the gop on this (and perhaps more). I never thought Portman was a bad guy, and he may just be carrying the bad news on this that at least 41 gopers are reneging on a deal. It's incredibly cynicial, even McConnellish, to think that Americans whom the gop decided needed clean water more than tax cheats need to cheat, won't remember this and vote D.

I think you and the republicans don't understand that politicians are supposed to work for all the people they represent. Not just the rich and special interests.

So the rich and big business tells republicans they don't want taxes raised. The republicans comply and force democrats to go along with it.

The democrats propose an alternative.

The rich tell the republicans they don't want to have to pay the taxes they already owe and haven't paid so the republicans comply.

Since when did the constitution say that the rich and big business are the people who politicians work for and are the only people who get to call the shots?

The republicans and democrats need to grow spines.

I could care less about the rich and big business. They have been given everything for decades leaving nothing for the rest of us.

Our nation is falling apart. We have real problems because our government believes they work for the rich and big business.

It's about time the rest of us got something since we are the ones who are actually paying taxes. The rich get to live in their exclusive areas with the best of everything while the rest of us have to live in a nation that is falling apart and very divided.

I have to agree with the Repugs on this.

Increased 'IRS Enforcement' implies that either the IRS is currently incompetent, or that the IRS will be forced to persecute people. Over enforcement is far worse than under enforcement.

How about if they just raise taxes on the wealthiest 1% instead?

What is meant is that the rich owe back taxes they have not paid. The government doesn't have the personnel to do the work to get those back taxes paid. The democrats want to hire more people to do that job.

Raising taxes on people who don't pay their taxes in the first place isn't going to pay for the infrastructure.

Enforcement and collecting the taxes people already owe but have not paid and raising taxes is what a responsible government would do.

If we collected the owed taxes we wouldn't have to increase taxes as much.

But then that's the logical thing to do so I don't expect it to happen.

Maybe Democrats shouldn't have tried to sneak in the clause granting amnesty to illegals.
Bullshit.

It’s simple obstruction.

Republicans are rationalizing with garbage.

There is no bill they would support

Gridlock is vastly underrated.
It’s the linchpin of Republican ideology

The Only thing Republicans support are tax cuts for the rich. If they have to give a pittance of a tax cut to the middle class to get that they will grudgingly do so.

That’s it.

That's not in the bipartsan bill, never was.

But again thank you for supporting my OP's suspicion that the gop was never sincere about a bipartisan bill.
We've never seen a clean bipartisan bill come out during the reign of Chuck and Nan.

So all your conjecture and whining is moot.

It’s the linchpin of Republican ideology

The Only thing Republicans support are tax cuts for the rich. If they have to give a pittance of a tax cut to the middle class to get that they will grudgingly do so.

That’s it.
I'd try to 'splain to you how marginal rates work, but it would take an IQ higher than that of a pumpkin to understand, which leaves you out.

Find a poison pill in whatever deal they come up with. And even now Republicans in Ill are looking to improve the El with funding.

I lean towards not liking "human infrstructure" and building health care sites, but we really are talking about fixing broken interstate bridges and traditional infrastructure. The only way the dems can win is if people really think the gop is against most everything and don't want to make life better, or help the economy. I won't say Portman is a lying sack of shit, but even if he has good intentions, this seems another case Republicans not being able to deliver a pizza, as they were on a debt deal back in Obama's second term.
Most "infrastructure" is a local issue. Roads, sewers, airports, public transportation....etc.

If some municipalities can't manage their damn budgets why should I pay for it via my taxes?

I'd try to 'splain to you how marginal rates work, but it would take an IQ higher than that of a pumpkin to understand, which leaves you out.
Marginal rates have zero to do with my post idiot

Strip-out Amnesty for Beaners and you might get some of them to vote with you...

That's not in the bipartsan bill, never was.

But again thank you for supporting my OP's suspicion that the gop was never sincere about a bipartisan bill.
Limit it to REAL infrastructure... bridges, roads, rail, air, and even internet... and NOTHING ELSE... and you will probably get bipartisan approval.

Biden's infrastructure plans fit well within the definition you posted.

Back in the 1950s ideas like the 'Interstate highway System' were as progressive and futuristic as Biden's proposals are today.

Morons, like yourself, were wetting their panties over those ideas back then.

We need to not just fix the infrastructure that was built in the 1950s, but to build an infrastructure for the year 2021 and beyond.

Is that so hard to understand? (For you...probably!
Quit lying. Interstate highways ARE infrastructure. Universal Guaranteed Income funded by taxpayers IS NOT! Neither is welfare, DACA, Illegal Immigration or homeless relief or the ACA you stupid fuck.

Well, if you didn't think that Biden's infrastructure plan was to build infrastructure to benefit people, what is it that you object to?

What do you think the 'Human Infrastructure' is?
Reading comprehension isn't best attribute is it? Read that definition again and tell me where the word "human" is dumb ass. Clone isn't there either. Neither of those terms are anywhere but your empty head.

Wait a minute. We are dealing with "current events" and lefties are predicting where the GOP is headed. Do we have a forum for imaginary or future events? I guess it beats analyzing the DNC's plan.
Richard-H has his imagination working overtime as well. He has been grabbing fantasies out of thin air all day long.

Marginal rates have everything to do with it, shitferbrains....Trump lowered marginal rates, which means that everyone who pays taxes got a cut.
First of all he did nothing but sign Paul Ryan’s bill

Second that bill was structured so that the vast amount of tax cuts went to the wealthy.

Yes marginal tax rates play a roll… and can be structured on any way that the legislature wants. Ryan structured it so that the vast amount of tax cut went to his rich buddies.

And then he retired… his life’s work done

as noted earlier, the GOP will give a pittance of a tax cut to the middle class in order that the REAL tax cut goes to the very wealthy.

And that’s ALL the legislation they care about and the only notable legislation they have passed in 20 years

Forum List

Back