I don't see how it is in the gop's interest to say no to any infrastructure deal, and that appears to be where they are headed.

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard

Find a poison pill in whatever deal they come up with. And even now Republicans in Ill are looking to improve the El with funding.

I lean towards not liking "human infrstructure" and building health care sites, but we really are talking about fixing broken interstate bridges and traditional infrastructure. The only way the dems can win is if people really think the gop is against most everything and don't want to make life better, or help the economy. I won't say Portman is a lying sack of shit, but even if he has good intentions, this seems another case Republicans not being able to deliver a pizza, as they were on a debt deal back in Obama's second term.

Find a poison pill in whatever deal they come up with. And even now Republicans in Ill are looking to improve the El with funding.

I lean towards not liking "human infrstructure" and building health care sites, but we really are talking about fixing broken interstate bridges and traditional infrastructure. The only way the dems can win is if people really think the gop is against most everything and don't want to make life better, or help the economy. I won't say Portman is a lying sack of shit, but even if he has good intentions, this seems another case Republicans not being able to deliver a pizza, as they were on a debt deal back in Obama's second term.

Maybe Democrats shouldn't have tried to sneak in the clause granting amnesty to illegals.

Click on your link and the first paragraph states: "unless they see the text of the legislation and the two parties can agree on how to pay for the plan."

Frankly, that doesn't seem unreasonable at all of a request by the GOP. It seems rather odd to me that the Dems wouldn't agree to you know, share the text of what they expect the GOP to vote for.

Focus on the base only, keep them angry and paranoid, fuck everybody else, hope they clean the Dems' clock on turnout. That's the strategy going forward. It could work.

Mostly cutting their nose to spite their face for political points.

You "infrastructure deal" is a sham.....Orwellian language at its finest.

When President Trump tried to fix the Infrastructure, Chuck and Nancy told him "no way, we are going for impeachment instead"

What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, no?

In just 3 1/2 years, Trump may well be back in. At that time, we'll be ready for Infrastructure

Tell them to put up a clean bill.

Last edited:
One day, a bridge somewhere will collapse, with or without innocent drivers or pedestrians. Possibly killing people or doing damage.

Then the focus will be on actual infrastructure.

But liberals will insist upon making up definitions of our infrastructure rather than addressing it.

Oh, and how do we pay for it? With whose money?

Does spending more while in debt not terrify either side? Or do we want to go broke?

Solving simple poverty can be accomplished through the entitlement to equal protection of our at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States. Once that is accomplished the amount for unemployment compensation should include the cost of healthcare (premiums). Thus, even the unemployed would have capital recourse to healthcare. And, we should also have no homeless problem.

Forum List

Back