I don't see how it is in the gop's interest to say no to any infrastructure deal, and that appears to be where they are headed.

That does not describe infrastructure which are the structures (buildings, roads, bridges) that humans use to contribute their unique resources to the economy. Biden and the gang want give away programs for humans to be in this infrastructure bill by simply re-labeling humans which is totally wrong headed.
Biden's program is to fund infrastructures that benefit people. He's extended the meaning of the term 'infrastructure', but it's all well within the context of the 'General Welfare'.

Geez, you make it sound like he wants to build people! No, it's not a huge people cloning project.

Like we don't have any managers in the U.S....dumbass!

I guess that you've never heard of a 'Human Resources Department'...get a real job!
lol HR depts. don't manage anybody. You don't know what their job is, which is mostly to provide some AA hire with a 'management' job title, and to provide legal cover for employers who need help in how to screw over their employees.

Biden's program is to fund infrastructures that benefit people. He's extended the meaning of the term 'infrastructure', but it's all well within the context of the 'General Welfare'.

Geez, you make it sound like he wants to build people! No, it's not a huge people cloning project.

Of course he 'extended' the meaning; he works for multinational corps and Red China. They both need to redefine humans as 'economic units' to be assigned where they want them.

Find a poison pill in whatever deal they come up with. And even now Republicans in Ill are looking to improve the El with funding.

I lean towards not liking "human infrstructure" and building health care sites, but we really are talking about fixing broken interstate bridges and traditional infrastructure. The only way the dems can win is if people really think the gop is against most everything and don't want to make life better, or help the economy. I won't say Portman is a lying sack of shit, but even if he has good intentions, this seems another case Republicans not being able to deliver a pizza, as they were on a debt deal back in Obama's second term.

I don't believe the republicans will allow any sort of infrastructure legislation happen without reconciliation.

So if the democrats have to do what the nation has needed for years and do what's right through reconciliation then I support that.

I do believe that human infrastructure is needed. Too many people can't get health care they need because they live in an area that there are no providers. They have to drive hundreds of miles just to see a doctor.

That's not right. We need to create community health care centers in places that capitalism has caused there to be no health care services.

We didn't have this problem before regan privatized our health care. We used to have community health care services and doctors did practice in rural areas. Capitalism is good for a lot of things but when it comes to health care capitalism isn't practical. It leaves people with no doctor and people die needlessly.

Just because a person lives in rural areas doesn't mean they don't have the right to have health care without having to travel hundreds of miles to get it.

Especially when it's an emergency.

I don't believe the republicans will allow any sort of infrastructure legislation happen without reconciliation.

So if the democrats have to do what the nation has needed for years and do what's right through reconciliation then I support that.

I do believe that human infrastructure is needed. Too many people can't get health care they need because they live in an area that there are no providers. They have to drive hundreds of miles just to see a doctor.

That's not right. We need to create community health care centers in places that capitalism has caused there to be no health care services.

We didn't have this problem before regan privatized our health care. We used to have community health care services and doctors did practice in rural areas. Capitalism is good for a lot of things but when it comes to health care capitalism isn't practical. It leaves people with no doctor and people die needlessly.

Just because a person lives in rural areas doesn't mean they don't have the right to have health care without having to travel hundreds of miles to get it.

Especially when it's an emergency.

I think of China using the dead bodies of perished workers embedded and used in building 'The Great Wall' when I hear the term 'human infrastructure'.

It WAS a clean bill until the gop took out the agreed upon pay for with IRS enforcement. THAT'S THE POINT FOF FUICKS SAKE. jesus, try reading an OP

Exactly.

The republicans won't allow a tax increase on the wealthy and big corporations to pay for this.

The republicans won't allow funds for the IRS to collect the revenues owed by the rich to pay for this.

While at the same time saying the bill has to be paid for.

While offering no alternative way to pay for it.

Which is basically the republicans saying no to what's best for our nation.

The democrats need to grow spines and just pass the whole thing in reconciliation and be done with it.

They can raise taxes on the rich and big corporations and fund IRS enforcement to get the owed taxes that the rich owe but haven't paid through reconciliation without the republicans stopping it.

This could have been done in 2017. Trump was obstructed. Progs sitting on their hands with some Repubs giving him a hard time. The hat so bad for him that the people in the nation came in second place. Or should I say third place. The swamp is the power.

Nobody trusted Trump with anything. Despite what Trump thinks you can't pay for this with tax cuts.

Exactly.

The republicans won't allow a tax increase on the wealthy and big corporations to pay for this.

The republicans won't allow funds for the IRS to collect the revenues owed by the rich to pay for this.

The democrats need to grow spines and just pass the whole thing in reconciliation and be done with it.

They can raise taxes on the rich and big corporations and fund IRS enforcement to get the owed taxes that the rich owe but haven't paid through reconciliation without the republicans stopping it.

Dimm's don't know what is best for our Nation.
All they know is CHAOS AND WEAKNESS!!

Exactly.

I think that's essentially correct. The D's and R's compromised on no new taxes on anyone, and decided to collect unpaid taxes. But the lobbyists for the people who don't pay taxes told the gop they would not support that, so the gop has dropped it from the compromise.

I really don't get the gop on this (and perhaps more). I never thought Portman was a bad guy, and he may just be carrying the bad news on this that at least 41 gopers are reneging on a deal. It's incredibly cynicial, even McConnellish, to think that Americans whom the gop decided needed clean water more than tax cheats need to cheat, won't remember this and vote D.

I think that's essentially correct. The D's and R's compromised on no new taxes on anyone, and decided to collect unpaid taxes. But the lobbyists for the people who don't pay taxes told the gop they would not support that, so the gop has dropped it from the compromise.

I really don't get the gop on this (and perhaps more). I never thought Portman was a bad guy, and he may just be carrying the bad news on this that at least 41 gopers are reneging on a deal. It's incredibly cynicial, even McConnellish, to think that Americans whom the gop decided needed clean water more than tax cheats need to cheat, won't remember this and vote D.
sorry...when has the GOP said we shouldn't collect unpaid taxes? Moreover, why do we need a new law, requiring people to pay unpaid taxes? That literally makes no sense, but somehow you bought that propaganda and reposted it

You stupid commies don't get to redefine or extend the meaning the English language, moron. Communication doesn't work that way. SMH Definition of infrastructure | Dictionary.com

Biden's infrastructure plans fit well within the definition you posted.

Back in the 1950s ideas like the 'Interstate highway System' were as progressive and futuristic as Biden's proposals are today.

Morons, like yourself, were wetting their panties over those ideas back then.

We need to not just fix the infrastructure that was built in the 1950s, but to build an infrastructure for the year 2021 and beyond.

Is that so hard to understand? (For you...probably!)

Forum List

Back