I don't judge a person by his race, just his character

Translation: "race" was an ideology created to justify colonization

Wrong.

Race is a very real biological category.

No, it's made up. Scientifically and historically proven. Or wait, are you one of those people that ignore science?

What part of "most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes" do you not understand?

All efforts to "get rid of race" have FAILED

LOL what efforts? We are reminded of "race" every single day, every single moment we turn on the TV, read the paper, etc. We are constantly trained/forced/coerce to put importance on race when it is a complete misnomer. It's what helps to control people and, more importantly, also what sells in the media.

You're all taking it hook, line, sinker.

the percentages don't mean the same thing in this case. a single transposition in the DNA of a gene can lead to a fatal disease state, a change of 0.0000001 %. hell, Down syndrome isn't even a change in actual DNA, just the repositioning of a piece of chromosone.

race is a real concept but more important for groups than individuals. you can make accurate predictions for racial groups made up numerous individuals but the prediction is much less significant for a single individual.

the most significant difference for racial groups is the difference in average intelligence. this one difference explains a large portion of the racial disparitiies seen in our technology driven society. dumb people of any race usually do poorly. smart individuals of any colour usually do well. there is no doubt about that. jews overachieve because they are smart on average, blacks underachieve because they are dumb on average. chinese have low crime because they are smart on average and their functional culture is smart. blacks have high crime because they are dumb on average and their dysfunctional culture is stupid.

are there exceptions? of course! but overall smart people are constructive and successful while dumb people are much less so.

So what you are saying is that Whites created the Idea of Race, for their own exploitive
desires.?

Originally, yes. Since then it has been used/exploited by every "race" for various reasons, mostly for economic prosperity for few in those "races".

But race, and tribal classification existed long before any contact with the Europeans.

Please research the history of racial classification and the "great chain of being".

So why should we listen to liberal whites that try to say, there is no race now.

What white liberal is saying that? Most white liberals, at least publicly seem to be saying, "it doesn't matter that they are 'black'". Although it may sound nice, the problem with this is:
1. It is still divisive as it reenforces that "blacks" are still different. When they are not.
2. Media and politicians on all sides profit from it.

Race is not an "Ideology" created by whites. Race existed long before whites were even created.

You should really reseach what racial classification means and its history, and what a completely failed idea it is. In fact, it's pretty amazing so many people buy into it, even though it is a s stupid as saying "the earth is flat". You cannot classify human beings based on physical characteristics. It is logically impossible. Even without the ever-growing mixed "races", and there were no mixed people; you still CANNOT LOGICALLY classify people based on physical characteristics.

Last edited:
You should really reseach what racial classification means and its history, and what a completely failed idea it is. In fact, it's pretty amazing so many people buy into it, even though it is a s stupid as saying "the earth is flat". You cannot classify human beings based on physical characteristics. It is logically impossible. Even without the ever-growing mixed "races", and there were no mixed people; you still CANNOT LOGICALLY classify people based on physical characteristics.

why can skeletons be racially identified? why can DNA be racially identified. why are there distinct behavioural differences in racial groups? why are there racial medical differences?

I can understand your wish to pretend there are no differences but you are throwing a lot of information away to force reality into your worldview.

No, it's made up. Scientifically and historically proven. Or wait, are you one of those people that ignore science?

What part of "most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes" do you not understand?

The people ignoring science are the race deniers, not the race acknowledgers.

We share 99 percent of our DNA with chimpanzees. What that tells me is that slight genetic differences make a huge difference.

I could cite to a library of science on race, but most people like you are bound and determined to ignore the data. It would do no good. You don't want to believe the facts because the consequences would upset your whole worldview, which is a fantasy.

The truth is that racial groups are genetically distinct enough to favor in-group members over out-group members for purposes of social interaction. Harvard's Robert Putnam has shown that in racially diverse societies, people are actually LESS inclined to interact-- even with members of their own race!

Political correctness is the biggest Orwellian lie going.

The problem lies in institutional racism and lack of critical thinking skills taught at a young age. What is one of the first things they teach kids in public school?

"You are different. You are African American, white, Mexican American, Asian American, etc". Maybe, just maybe, we can try teaching kids we are first and foremost Americans and skin color is nothing more than a biological adaptation to the environment.

ADD: They should first start by teaching kids the American Anthropologist (you know them, the experts on humans and their relations to the environment?) Association's statement on "race".

"Evidence from the analysis of genetics (e.g., DNA) indicates that most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater variation within "racial" groups than between them."

Translation: "race" doesn't mean sh*t, you've all been duped

"Ultimately "race" as an ideology about human differences was subsequently spread to other areas of the world. It became a strategy for dividing, ranking, and controlling colonized people used by colonial powers everywhere. But it was not limited to the colonial situation. In the latter part of the 19th century it was employed by Europeans to rank one another and to justify social, economic, and political inequalities among their peoples. "

Translation: "race" was an ideology created to justify colonization

:clap2:Good post!!!

Wrong.

Race is a very real biological category.

All efforts to "get rid of race" have FAILED

LOL what efforts? We are reminded of "race" every single day, every single moment we turn on the TV, read the paper, etc. We are constantly trained/forced/coerce to put importance on race when it is a complete misnomer. It's what helps to control people and, more importantly, also what sells in the media.

You're all taking it hook, line, sinker.

the percentages don't mean the same thing in this case. a single transposition in the DNA of a gene can lead to a fatal disease state, a change of 0.0000001 %. hell, Down syndrome isn't even a change in actual DNA, just the repositioning of a piece of chromosone.

race is a real concept but more important for groups than individuals. you can make accurate predictions for racial groups made up numerous individuals but the prediction is much less significant for a single individual.

the most significant difference for racial groups is the difference in average intelligence. this one difference explains a large portion of the racial disparitiies seen in our technology driven society. dumb people of any race usually do poorly. smart individuals of any colour usually do well. there is no doubt about that. jews overachieve because they are smart on average, blacks underachieve because they are dumb on average. chinese have low crime because they are smart on average and their functional culture is smart. blacks have high crime because they are dumb on average and their dysfunctional culture is stupid.

are there exceptions? of course! but overall smart people are constructive and successful while dumb people are much less so.

:( As a youngster i lived in a very racist family, my Maw, my Paw, my Paw's Maw and 2 of my eldest brothers, my other brothers felt like i did, and so did my 9 sisters. It was sheer bloody hell for us to make friends of other races, so we had to sneak out and meet them, or meet them in school. As an adult and parent, i taught my kids, that it was not cool to be racist against other children, so now that they are parents themselves, they teach my grandkids, what they were taught. I will go to my grave, with those feelings, for that i am proud.:happy-1:

As a youngster i lived in a very racist family, my Maw, my Paw, my Paw's Maw and 2 of my eldest brothers, my other brothers felt like i did, and so did my 9 sisters. It was sheer bloody hell for us to make friends of other races, so we had to sneak out and meet them, or meet them in school. As an adult and parent, i taught my kids, that it was not cool to be racist against other children, so now that they are parents themselves, they teach my grandkids, what they were taught. I will go to my grave, with those feelings, for that i am proud.

I have minority family members. I have minority friends. same goes for gay, religious, liberal, and conservative. I dislike racism and admire personal responsibility. in my personal experience, those friends and family who display the most intelligence are also those who are successful. the ones who are dull are also those who don't seem to be able to run their lives, who need help all the time, who complain that they are unlucky or that the world has wronged them.

in the nineties, because of the brouhaha over 'The Bell Curve', I found out that there was copious amounts of evidence to support what I had noticed in my own life. you and I can both complain about how certain races are 'unlucky' and 'wronged by the world' but that doesn't change the reality of how intelligence drives success and failure in our world. or how mother nature decided to parcel it out differently to different racial groups.

So what you are saying is that Whites created the Idea of Race, for their own exploitive
desires.?

Originally, yes. Since then it has been used/exploited by every "race" for various reasons, mostly for economic prosperity for few in those "races".

But race, and tribal classification existed long before any contact with the Europeans.

Please research the history of racial classification and the "great chain of being".

So why should we listen to liberal whites that try to say, there is no race now.

What white liberal is saying that? Most white liberals, at least publicly seem to be saying, "it doesn't matter that they are 'black'". Although it may sound nice, the problem with this is:
1. It is still divisive as it reenforces that "blacks" are still different. When they are not.
2. Media and politicians on all sides profit from it.

Race is not an "Ideology" created by whites. Race existed long before whites were even created.

There is no way you can say that race is all made up.
There are biological, and genetic differences between all the races on Earth.
I must disagree with you. Your entire theory is wrong, and goes against what the average person thinks.

I could cite to a library of science on race, but most people like you are bound and determined to ignore the data. It would do no good. You don't want to believe the facts because the consequences would upset your whole worldview, which is a fantasy.

YOu seem to be the one ignoring simple logic and thus living in a fantasy. Also you seem to be the one that doesn't want to read. Putnam's claims have nothing to do with "race" in the biological sense, so it's not even a counterpoint to my argument. Putnam's claim that distrust between the ethnic groups will rise with diversity, has absolutely nothing to do with my claim; which is claiming that racial classification has no scientific or biological basis backing it up.

What you could have done is brought up the bell curve or Lynn's theories which have both been debunked already.

The truth is that racial groups are genetically distinct enough

The truth is that people have been led to believe that skin pigmentation is the most important discerning factor on intelligence and success. Much more if a discerning factor than current environment, individual parental skills, education level in the current environment, current culture, economy, and countless other traits.

When in fact, "race"=physical differences are completely insignificant to intelligence.

1. the most significant difference for racial groups is the difference in average intelligence.

2. or how mother nature decided to parcel it out differently to different racial groups.

Please fail harder. All such claims, such as Richard Lynn and The bell curve have been debunked time and again. Even the authors of the Bell Curve themselves state, "The debate about whether and how much genes and environment have to do with ethnic differences remains unresolved."

You seem to be a logical person. Are you honestly going to tell me that the most important factor on intelligence and success lies in skin pigmentation and physical features? More than these factors: current environment, individual parental skills, education level in the current environment, current culture, economy, and countless other traits that lead to a person's intelligence? Are you serious?

No one here can even define "race". Already people on this thread are confusing it with culture and community and slew of other terms.

race=classification of humans based on physical features = inconsistent and unreliable classification system. This doesn't even go into the fact that most African Americans of "low intelligence" and success that you speak of have a significantly high percentage of "non-African" genes anyway.

It's all very simple logic. But you people have it so ingrained to put so much importance on it, that you continue to perpetuate the BS.

Your entire theory is wrong

Not my theory. The general agreement of many Anthropologists (American Anthropological Association), they are the experts on humans and their relation to the environment, not you or me.

Race is a social concept, not a biological one.

http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/racepp.htm

and goes against what the average person thinks.

LOL yes, because what the average person thinks is always a great basis of truth. The average person cannot think for themselves and find that Tiger Wood's story is actually important.

If you read my argument, what I'm saying is that people have been taught to think that and place a much higher importance on "race"=physical features to determine differences. Again, you clrealy don't even understand the definition of race.

Last edited:
Many races have genetic markers. There are many races that also carry genetic diseases.
Are those facts all made up?.

There are many races that also carry genetic diseases.

1. Example of one of your genetics based diseases:

Sickle cell anemia is not a disease unique to "black people"; it is more prevalent among persons whose ancestors inhabited "malarial water regions" in certain parts of Africa, Asia, and the Mediterranean, and so-called white people are not immune to it. In the words of Dr. Bernadette Modell: "Sickle cell is always thought of as a black person's disease, associated with African and Caribbean countries, but it can be seen in fair-haired blue-eyed children with nothing to suggest any black ancestry. Not only is this blood disorder already found in white-skinned, fair-haired people in many Mediterranean countries, but it is also on the increase." "A Simple Twist of Fate," The Guardian (London) May 6, 1997, p. 10. Screening only "black" babies for sickle cell anemia would be an arbitrary act that is based on circular reasoning. People are divided into races and then specific physical disorders are sought out to prove that they are races.

Many races have genetic markers.

2. Give me a definitive demarcation of races that can classify every person of each race into that classification. I'll wait. Race is a real concept right? Then certainly you must be able to give me features so each person fits into a "race".

Example: Black skin, curly hair, and thick lips = "black people". FAIL because for countless numbers of "black people" have nonblack skin, long hair, and thin lips.

But I will wait for your example.

Again "race" is a made up social concept, not a biological one. I'm waiting for one of you to prove me otherwise.

Last edited:
According to the US Census Bureau (*mind you US Census definition is not a concensus of racial demarkation, because there is NO consensus on racial demarkation. It's impossible to have one. Another reason why "racial classification" = BS):
"White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who designate their race as 'White' or report entries such as Irish, German, Australian, Italian, Iranian, Arab, Polish."[9] Because a good percentage of South Americans are direct descendants of Europeans, many will indicate their race as "White".

So according to the US Census, which performs so many of the Socioeconomic studies based on "racial classification", this guy below is "white":
image010.jpg

Even though he is actually Southern Italian, so probably has a high % of "African (both Northern and other)" genes.

As you can see, "racial classification" is a very consistent, useful, and reliable system. Also according to a poster in this thread, "Jewish" is now a "race". "jews overachieve because they are smart on average". Even though not according to the US Census bureau. Which is it? Here'sre a couple Jews. Or are they white?
curb-your-enthusiasm-20070813041706454-000.jpg

Still waiting for people to give me a concensus of racial demarkation. What does everyone define as black, white, asian, etc.? Define it for me in writing.

Last edited:

Sickle cell anemia is not a disease unique to "black people"; it is more prevalent among persons whose ancestors inhabited "malarial water regions" in certain parts of Africa, Asia, and the Mediterranean, and so-called white people are not immune to it. In the words of Dr. Bernadette Modell: "Sickle cell is always thought of as a black person's disease, associated with African and Caribbean countries, but it can be seen in fair-haired blue-eyed children with nothing to suggest any black ancestry. Not only is this blood disorder already found in white-skinned, fair-haired people in many Mediterranean countries, but it is also on the increase." "A Simple Twist of Fate," The Guardian (London) May 6, 1997, p. 10. Screening only "black" babies for sickle cell anemia would be an arbitrary act that is based on circular reasoning. People are divided into races and then specific physical disorders are sought out to prove that they are races.

2. Give me a definitive demarcation of races that can classify every person of each race into that classification. I'll wait. Race is a real concept right? Then certainly you must be able to give me features so each person fits into a "race".

Example: Black skin, curly hair, and thick lips = "black people". FAIL because for countless numbers of "black people" have nonblack skin, long hair, and thin lips.

Again "race" is a made up social concept, not a biological one. I'm waiting for one of you to prove me otherwise.

Here are some genetic markers unique unto the White European race.
Tasachs disease is unique among Eastern European alkanzi Jews. Also a genetic disorder
called spina bifida, is also found with this White European alkanazi Jewish group. As is documented by the U.S. Immigration dept, limiting, or barring many individuals from this part of Europe entry into the United States during the late 1800's early 1900's.

We know of the British Royal family as being carriers of the Hemophilia gene.
Are all these situations made up?, or are these not genetic markers, and diseases linked
to certain segments of the White caucasian race.?
Downs syndrome is also prevelent within the White race.
multiple sclerosis, crebral palsey, these are all white genetic disorders.!
Are we making these genetic diseases up?,
So please don't tell me race doesn't matter!!

Tasachs disease is unique among Eastern European alkanzi Jews. Also a genetic disorder
called spina bifida, is also found with this White European alkanazi Jewish group. As is documented by the U.S. Immigration dept, limiting, or barring many individuals from this part of Europe entry into the United States during the late 1800's early 1900's.

Are all these situations made up?, or are these not genetic markers, and diseases linked

No, "race" does not matter, not even in regards to the "genetic" diseases you mentioned. I will prove it to you below. In fact, since you can't even give me the demarkation of each race, I would think it is very dangerous to make any medical decision based on such a loose and inconsistent classification system.

1. You seem to be very confused with the meaning of "race", since you are bringing up Jews. Jews are not a "race". So for your Tasachs disease which I don't know about, you say it is prevalent amongst Eastern European alkanzi Jews. So? What do you want to do with that information? Have every Eastern European alkanzi Jews checked? Or every "white" person checked?

2. Although the risk is around half of whites, "Blacks" still get MS, so what is the point of even bringing up "race" in regards to MS? Tell me how does it benefit anyone to bring up race in the matter? For prevention? Are you saying then that black people shouldn't get checked because their risk is only half?

3. Cerebral palsy - "In a recently published study conducted by the CDC, researchers found a higher prevalence of cerebral palsy in black 8-year old children as compared to other racial groups in a five county region of metropolitan Atlanta". (from Racial Disparities in the Prevalence of Cerebral Palsy, May 09)

Uh oh! So much for it being a "white disease".

4. I'm still waiting for you or anyone to define to me what the demarkation of "races" are. Simply give me your demarkation, that is the definition of each "race". What are all the characteristics does one have to have to qualify as "black", "white", etc.?

You're telling me that "race" is so important and such a valid classification system, but you can't even give me the definition/characteristics of each group?

That can't possibly be.

Last edited:

No, "race" does not matter, not even in regards to the "genetic" diseases you mentioned. I will prove it to you below. In fact, since you can't even give me the demarkation of each race, I would think it is very dangerous to make any medical decision based on such a loose and inconsistent classification system.

1. You seem to be very confused with the meaning of "race", since you are bringing up Jews. Jews are not a "race". So for your Tasachs disease which I don't know about, you say it is prevalent amongst Eastern European alkanzi Jews. So? What do you want to do with that information? Have every Eastern European alkanzi Jews checked? Or every "white" person checked?

2. Although the risk is around half of whites, "Blacks" still get MS, so what is the point of even bringing up "race" in regards to MS? Tell me how does it benefit anyone to bring up race in the matter? For prevention? Are you saying then that black people shouldn't get checked because their risk is only half?

3. Cerebral palsy - "In a recently published study conducted by the CDC, researchers found a higher prevalence of cerebral palsy in black 8-year old children as compared to other racial groups in a five county region of metropolitan Atlanta". (from Racial Disparities in the Prevalence of Cerebral Palsy, May 09)

Uh oh! So much for it being a "white disease".

4. I'm still waiting for you or anyone to define to me what the demarkation of "races" are. Simply give me your demarkation, that is the definition of each "race". What are all the characteristics does one have to have to qualify as "black", "white", etc.?

You're telling me that "race" is so important and such a valid classification system, but you can't even give me the definition/characteristics of each group?

That can't possibly be.

What I am trying to tell you is that race exists, it is not something that was made up!
There are racial differences among the races.!
There are genetic diseases that are found in one race as opposed to another race.
The human species are classified by these racial boundaries, and differences.
So, there is no way in hell you are going to tell me that racial differences , and or classifications do not exist. You are wrong with your theory.!
There are genetic differences among the races of the World.
Your logic is very flawed, and kind of insane, if you really listen to what you are saying.

:sad: I am sorry, but folks who use the race card, are very closed minded and not willing to see a person as a human being. It is not what's on the outside that should a difference, it's what type of heart they have for compassion and understanding.

I judge people by their race. Typically white people are rude, greedy, sexual deviants,
and pathological liars, murderers,mass murderers, and they always seem to have some kind of ulterior motives.

This is from years of exposure to the white race. I can not judge them indivually any more.
I tried that , but it never works.

Yes they are , along with every other race.

I also find all races are Kind, generous, gentle, helpful, beautiful, funny, bald, goofy, dumb and everything else human.

We are all the damned same and anyone who prejudges people will get taken and will miss out on a best friend.

:( I agree!!!! but it is sad, when folks are forced to be against another race, either by a bad time in their lives, or that's how they were raised. I am a mixed breed,Apache Indian,French Cajun,Mongolian, and white.So i get poked at for all my races,and i have learned how to take it. We are all Gods Children, regardless of our race. H e loves us all.

What I am trying to tell you is that race exists, it is not something that was made up!
There are racial differences among the races.!
There are genetic diseases that are found in one race as opposed to another race.
The human species are classified by these racial boundaries, and differences.
So, there is no way in hell you are going to tell me that racial differences , and or classifications do not exist. You are wrong with your theory.!
There are genetic differences among the races of the World.
Your logic is very flawed, and kind of insane, if you really listen to what you are saying.

Translation: "Can't refute the listed logic so I'm just going to cry about it and call it insane. I've been told something since 1st grade therefore it's true . Blacks and white are different, even though I can't even define what black and white races are ".

I love being called insane by someone who doesn't even read my posts & ignores my request to support THEIR CLAIM. Again, it's not my logic. If you want to call the American Anthropologist Association and many of its reknowned University Professors insane/flawed, go ahead. I just read (yes read, something you haven't done well in this thread) all of the information on both sides and go with the logical one. I am 100% sure they are better informed about this than you or I.
http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/racepp.htm

There are racial differences among the races!

1. I've been asking you to tell me what these differences are. You say that there are racial differences, fine. So you can obviously tell me the following:

Race#1 white. A person is in the white race when...
Race#2 black. A person is in the black race when....
I'm waiting.

2. I never said there were ZERO differences. I said that AAA says there're about 6% between so called "races" and more like 94% amongst them. Translation = It is possible that you and your white neighbor have far more genetic differences than you and your "black": neighbor. I know, it's so hard to understand because all this time you thought skin pigment was a huge discerning factor in things such as intelligence.

3. This point was already refuted in my previous post. Not going over it again.

So, there is no way in hell you are going to tell me that racial differences , and or classifications do not exist.

4. Go back to #1.

5. So again, "racial classification" has ZERO, NONE, ZIP, biological bearing whatsoever. It is 100% a made up social concept. Still, noone has been able to prove otherwise. It's very very simple. If racial classification is a valid and consistent classification system, you must be able to tell me the characteristics of each group. Otherwise, it's not a valid classificaiton/grouping system.

Just like if I asked you about the classification of matter, you can tell me that
A) Elements are pure substances that are made of only one type of atom.
B) Compounds are pure substances that are made of more than one type of atom,

Last edited:
As John Baker of Oxford says in his book on race, "the fact of blue-green does not negate the existence of either blue or green."

Nobody has a problem distinguishing among sub-species of animals. Races are just that -- sub-species of humans. Only politics are a problem.

Here's a good one: if "race does not exist", how do we get affirmative action?

Forum List

Back