I don't believe this new poll (Pennsylvania, Biden +13)

Pennsylvania was very tight in 2016 therefore I believe this new poll from Monmouth is off:

Pennsylvania is very diverse state, a lot of this is a matter of turnout here.

Democrat leader James Carville described the Commonwealth as Philadelphia and Pittsburgh separated by civilization.

If the civilized parts of the state come out, Trump will not have a problem.

Pennsylvania was very tight in 2016 therefore I believe this new poll from Monmouth is off:

Things have changed since 2016. Biden is from Pennsylvania originally. Secondly the turnout among black voters is likely to be higher than it was in 2016. Also the report talks about Biden doing well in suburban counties. The suburbs are slipping away from Republicans.
In 2018, suburban voters turned out in great numbers for Democrats. You also have the coronavirus test which Trump continues to flunk.
Also in 2016, Trump won but finished with around 200,000 fewer votes than Obama did.

I do not believe that Pennsylvania is a sing state this time. It will go solidly for Biden.

If Biden is up 13 in PA its because Trump's shtick is wearing thin.
I don't believe the margin is 13, especially considering how old and senile Biden is.
Unless we get another (59) precincts voting 300,000 to 0 for Biden like against Romney.

There were registered Republicans in those precincts, and Romney got about 6% of the black vote nationally.

With the election still 3½ months away we'll never know if this particular poll is spot on or totally off base.

1594827356879.png

That poll might be true if they polled ONLY Philly, Pittsburgh, and Scranton. The rest of the state, not so much.

A large percentage of Pennsylvanians have simply tuned out for the past nine months, and are paying no attention to the political noise.

When it becomes well-known that Biden wants to outlaw fracking and shut down the coal industry (no exaggeration), his lead will go up in smoke. Biden's stances on immigration will just be icing on the cake.

That poll might be true if they polled ONLY Philly, Pittsburgh, and Scranton. The rest of the state, not so much.
Scranton went for Trump. Fracking and the gas industry are having a boom up there.
Yeah, but Biden, who was born there and moved away when he was like, 3-months old - now lay claim to being a Scranton native. I know the people of Scranton and they'll likely break for Biden.

Besides, I worked for Casey's sister, actually met Bob Casey when he came by the business, and they are getting a lock-in that town. An interesting point that when Hillary lost to Trump, they were really PO'd. A lot of us were laughing and they made us stop talking about the Trump win. LOL

Glad I don't work there anymore.

A large percentage of Pennsylvanians have simply tuned out for the past nine months, and are paying no attention to the political noise.

When it becomes well-known that Biden wants to outlaw fracking and shut down the coal industry (no exaggeration), his lead will go up in smoke. Biden's stances on immigration will just be icing on the cake.
Actually, a lot of the citizens of Pennsylvania are tuned into getting rid of The Tyrant, Tom Wolfe.

Forum List

Back