I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

If only blacks were chattel slaves in the history of humans I could agree, yet they were not, and the people that enslaved them were fellow black Africans, which sold them to the Arabs or Europeans....
From a book titled "Slaves in the Family", In 1556, Sir John Hawkins sailed from London to some landing point on the West African coast, and sent 80 men on shore to trap people. Villagers fought back and the poachers took just ten captives. Sailing farther south, Hawkins tried again, succeeded in filling his ship, and headed for the Caribbean. Eventually Europeans found an easier way of procuring workers, namely, encouraging black clans to fight one another and to sell their prisoners of war.
I am well aware of what my relatives did, yet, Western Europe would also sail to Eastern Europe and get white slaves in the same manner..Is it worse for white people to obtain slaves or black, Chinese, Native American Indians, etc,etc.?

Your own definition is such that blacks can be and sometimes are racist.
I believe Blacks can be prejudiced, but not racist because they are the ones who historically have been deemed inferior by our nation's founders and rulers.

History smistory. Blacks can be every bit as racist as any other color of person on the planet.
They can't be something because it was done to them?
What nonsense
What has been done to them, to use your words, has not been done to white folks in America. From "Slaves in the Family." - When the English arrived they carried with them a social contract, the Fundamental Constitutions, written by John Locke. It called for the subjugation of Africans, styled "Negroes." For Locke, slavery was not merely a labor system, that is, a way of building a foreign colony. He described it instead as a permanent state of war. Any person who "attempts to get another man in his absolute power," does thereby put himself into a state of war with him.

I would say that a subjugated people has every right to respond to that permanent state of war.

Just how many decades need to transpire before the statute of limitations runs out on this nonsense? How many generations separate anyone, Black or White from actual slavery/slave ownership? It's somewhere around 5 generations right now. Not enough?

There is no statute of limitations on this international crime nor are there any statute of limitations on human right violations. And since the issue is not just slavery, maybe read up on how things were for the 100 years AFTER slavery then come back and make remarks.

That almost made me cry a lil bit.
Well, it could have, but didn't, OK?

When's the last time you saw "FUCK THE WHITES" spray-painted in 6 foot letters on a wall?

Oh, Never?

Yeah well, I have. I don't hold

it against all black people, but there are racist niggas for sure.

Lemme see if I can find a picture of that.

I guess that's supposed to be comparable to voter suppression measures taken by whites in states hat work to deny backs the right to vote.

And why is it that whites just need to use the n word?

Why did niggas spray paint "FUCK THE WHITES" on the Norton Tire company wall?

Who knows?

Why did they burn it? Because derp!

That, and unemployment was real bad then.

Let's see if you can figure out what it is I'm speaking of.

Why do whites like you still exist to make blacks angry enough to spray paint such words?

Always the fault of the whites.
CAN'T be because there's a problem with disrespectful, dishonest, lazy, law breaking blacks that think they're entitled to pull this kind of shit

My Italian American co worker was walking towards home from the Walmart plaza through Mohegan Lake, New York..... When a group of Blacks yelled "Hey White boy what cha doing here"
when they chased him down.

If that's not racism, what is it?
I call it protecting what they perceive to be their territory and letting it be known that they want some control over what happens to them. Typically, when whites enter, they try to take over and dominate. When I first moved into Philly I heard stories of how white groups came in, promised all kinds of things, raised money for community projects, then left with the money. They were no longer believed or welcomed after that.

Just how many decades need to transpire before the statute of limitations runs out on this nonsense? How many generations separate anyone, Black or White from actual slavery/slave ownership? It's somewhere around 5 generations right now. Not enough?

There is no statute of limitations on this international crime nor are there any statute of limitations on human right violations. And since the issue is not just slavery, maybe read up on how things were for the 100 years AFTER slavery then come back and make remarks.

Good point. This book has flown under the radar since being published. But clearly describes post slavery conditions that so called "freed slaves" experienced. My last living aunt on my Mothers side gave me a copy 2 years ago before she passed away at close to 100 years of age.

Some misinformed individuals actually believe that when slavery was abolished that former slaves just walked off of plantations into the sunset and immediately began living lives with all of the
rights of any other free citizen.

sick from freedom - Google Search

I doubt anyone believes that.
Just more anti-white false narrative

It is unnecessary baggage to carry from what happen many years ago. Life must go on, wallowing in sorrow will get you nowhere.

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
/---- Even in the South, more than 80% of the white population never owned slaves. Given the fact that the majority of today’s non-black Americans descend from immigrants who arrived in this country after the War Between the States, only a tiny percentage of today’s white citizens – perhaps as few as 5% -- bear any authentic sort of generational guilt for the exploitation of slave labor. Michael Medved - Six inconvenient truths about the U.S. and slavery
Oh, I understand the words all right. Just don't agree with them or trust their source.

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
/---- Even in the South, more than 80% of the white population never owned slaves. Given the fact that the majority of today’s non-black Americans descend from immigrants who arrived in this country after the War Between the States, only a tiny percentage of today’s white citizens – perhaps as few as 5% -- bear any authentic sort of generational guilt for the exploitation of slave labor. Michael Medved - Six inconvenient truths about the U.S. and slavery
Oh, I understand the words all right. Just don't agree with them or trust their source.
My relatives of Irish decent did not own slaves and they were settled in Hawkins County, Tenn. My German side of the family was in Ohio during the Civil War and refused to take sides, so they were forced out and moved to Texas after it was out of the war. This comes from the family tree book that is published every other generation.

When's the last time you saw "FUCK THE WHITES" spray-painted in 6 foot letters on a wall?

Oh, Never?

Yeah well, I have. I don't hold

it against all black people, but there are racist niggas for sure.

Lemme see if I can find a picture of that.

I guess that's supposed to be comparable to voter suppression measures taken by whites in states hat work to deny backs the right to vote.

And why is it that whites just need to use the n word?

Blacks use the "n" word.
Whites are now put in the position of using the "n" word instead of the actual word like six year olds do cuss words.
Never has there been another word cause so much strife and anguish amongst a people as the word ni**er.
It's ridiculous

Yrs it dies answer your question.
No it doesn't.

Obviously, you don't know the answer.

I'm not surprised....... :lol:

The courts explained things to you idiot.

This game you are trying to play is old and dead.

You were shown. If you can't figure it out he links are here. And if you can't see it then go do a search.

Answer his question.
Should be easy, right?
No reason to squirm

I have zero so called white guilt over the black man's plight here in America.

My grandparents were fresh off the boat from Ireland after the Civil War and the freeing of the slaves. Sure the blacks had a rough time, but so did the Irish people.

In my view, the black people who ended up in America were the lucky ones. Africa is still a poverty stricken hell hole, and every country in it is ruled by murderous dictators.

American blacks wouldn't survive a week if they returned to Africa, because there is no free Section 8 housing or EBT cards. They would die from either starvation or exposure to the elements. ... :cool:

The Irish were never slaves here or anywhere else. That's a lie. Your grandaunts got off the boat and lived during segregation where they benefitted from being white. Africa is the way it is because whites fucked it up by colonizing the continent, as well as removing people for slavery. Know what you are talking about before you make comments. .....

You might want to take your own advice.

I do know what I am talking about.

Several aspects of your post suggest otherwise. This is a good example of why almost all attempts at discussions of race here end up nothing more than competing fears, ignorance, and hate from all sides. It's futile and disappointing.
Charles Caleb Colson said, "We hate some people because we do not know them: and we will not know them because we hate them."

I believe it can also read, "We fear some people because we do not know them: and we will not know them because we fear them."

Conversation if the beginning of getting to know someone. I have hopes that progress can be made.

Any person, no matter what race they may be, may be a racist. No one group has that market cornered.
I believe that since our white founding fathers created the myth of race in order to become the dominate people who alone could own property and land, they alone can be racists. I believe others can be prejudiced, but not racist. (documentary: "Race: The Power of an Illusion.")

Any person, no matter what race they may be, may be a racist. No one group has that market cornered.

No this is not so. Maybe you can say prejudiced, but not racist. We just can't let amnesia and the false equivalence rule our thinking.
The only thinking you can rule is your own. Clearly, you have an agenda to keep hatred elevate. Who knows, you probably profit off it in some fashion.

Regardless, in My everyday life I simply ignore fools who race bait, treat people equally based upon how they treat Me and get even by living well.

This is dumb. Whites like you actually believe we are the ones trying to keep hate elevated.
Of course, I believe it. I have to look no further than you, right here, in this thread.

All across the spectrum of political life, people in this nation like you shit stirring the pot in some fake notion of attaining something you already have. Why? Because angry people supply money for the cause, and that money is significant and listed in the billions.

The very phrase you use, "Whites like you" is racist. Deliberately chosen to trigger emotions of anger and hatred. I see through you, count your so-called anger as agenda, and just laugh and point.

Until this nation begins to live by the adage of, "I'll treat you as I would like to be treated", the race baiter's are going to continue to get rich.

I really don't have anything more to say to you.

The use of the term whites like you is not racist.

You don't see through sht. You're ignorant

It is racist.

How old are you? Which university do you attend, if you are old enough?
I am 66 and I did not attend any university.

Your own definition is such that blacks can be and sometimes are racist.
I believe Blacks can be prejudiced, but not racist because they are the ones who historically have been deemed inferior by our nation's founders and rulers.

History smistory. Blacks can be every bit as racist as any other color of person on the planet.
They can't be something because it was done to them?
What nonsense
What has been done to them, to use your words, has not been done to white folks in America. From "Slaves in the Family." - When the English arrived they carried with them a social contract, the Fundamental Constitutions, written by John Locke. It called for the subjugation of Africans, styled "Negroes." For Locke, slavery was not merely a labor system, that is, a way of building a foreign colony. He described it instead as a permanent state of war. Any person who "attempts to get another man in his absolute power," does thereby put himself into a state of war with him.

I would say that a subjugated people has every right to respond to that permanent state of war.

Are you saying we are in a state of war right now?

I believe that since our white founding fathers created the myth of race in order to become the dominate people who alone could own property and land, they alone can be racists. I believe others can be prejudiced, but not racist. (documentary: "Race: The Power of an Illusion.")

Maybe you should go make your own language, because that's not how it works in English.

As a black person I will say Delores has got it spot on. This isn't just about slavery. What happened when slavery ended? Up until 52 years ago we were not afforded equal constitutional rights and protections because of laws made by whites. When I was born I did not have equal projection by law. And even though the law forbids overt racism now whites still practice it while enacting policies they know are targeted for people of color. Such as gutting voting rights, the attack on Affirmative action, the lies abut what affirmative action actually is, the attack on welfare and similar programs targeting poverty So I do think that when whites start whining about blacks one anyone else f color being racists they need to consider exactly what white racism has entailed first. Because it hasn't stopped and that's why Donald Trump is the president of the United States right now.
So, your answer to perceived "white racism" is to give blacks carte blanche when they practice "black racism"? Boy, yo' mamma did a poor job raisin' you if she never taught you that two wrongs don't make it right. Where's all that turn the other cheek, practice tolerance demanded of "white" people?
From the movie, The Great Debaters: James Farmer Jr.: In Texas they lynch Negroes. My teammates and I saw a man strung up by his neck and set on fire. We drove through a lynch mob, pressed our faces against the floorboard. I looked at my teammates. I saw the fear in their eyes and, worse, the shame. What was this Negro's crime that he should be hung without trial in a dark forest filled with fog. Was he a thief? Was he a killer? Or just a Negro? Was he a sharecropper? A preacher? Were his children waiting up for him? And who are we to just lie there and do nothing. No matter what he did, the mob was the criminal. But the law did nothing. Just left us wondering, "Why?" My opponent says nothing that erodes the rule of law can be moral. But there is no rule of law in the Jim Crow south. Not when Negroes are denied housing. Turned away from schools, hospitals. And not when we are lynched. St Augustine said, "An unjust law in no law at all.' Which means I have a right, even a duty to resist. With violence or civil disobedience. You should pray I choose the latter.

Yes, Jesus taught turning the other cheek, but he also threw the money changers out of the temple and always sided with the poor and oppressed while condemning the hypocrisy of the religious elite.

Forum List

Back