I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
Then you are a fool. All races have racism.

Amnesia can be cured.

I do not have any power yet get called racist.
I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
Why do you not consider it racism if a black person is hostile toward you? There have been posts from a black poster admitting he felt blacks to be superior to whites.
Because I believe racism to be related to power, not just attitude or action. Power to create an environment where some lives are valued over others..power to pass laws that value some lives over others..power to deny housing, education, protection, to some while giving it to others..power to create the myth of race in the first place in order to ensure that you and only you can have and keep land in a country stolen from some and built up by others.
I do not have any power yet get called racist. I do not consider myself superior to anyone. A black poster says blacks are superior to whites and you make excuses for this. Shame on you. Most whites in this country do not have the authority or power to make the rules and laws. Blacks have land that they bought, is it not stolen land, or only the land that whites bought?
I don't think I've ever called you a racist. I make a habit of not calling individuals racists, (or any other names) since I believe there are some good people within this country even though it was built on a system of racism.

It's good you don't consider yourself superior to anyone. Remember the song in the musical "Oklahoma?" The lady sings, "I won't say I'm better than anybody else, but I'll be danged if I ain't just as good." I've always liked that.

It's the folks who have such power that are hardest to get to and they continue to use that power to divide us along racial lines.

We know that native American land was stolen by white intruders. What happened to the land centuries after that doesn't change that fact.

I'm thinking that perhaps the overlooked part of the definition is in the word "inherent," which means a permanent attribute or stuck in something so firmly that it cannot be separated." That would mean to believers in racism, that no matter what the superior race does, nothing would change their superiority over other races - not aggression, greed, murder, stealing, cheating, immorality - nothing. Since the supposed superiority is inherent, they can do no wrong. That's a bit scary to me.

I don't see myself as making excuses for posters who post that blacks are superior to whites. I see myself thinking that blacks in this country have been historically treated like animals and have endured things that no human being should have to endure, yet survived, rose up and fought for their freedoms against insurmountable odds. (Like Maya Angelou's poem). I see that as tremendous strength and endurance and often wonder if the tables had been turned, if the white race would have survived.

Amnesia can be cured.
Black crime can too.

Why do you not consider it racism if a black person is hostile toward you? There have been posts from a black poster admitting he felt blacks to be superior to whites.
Because I believe racism to be related to power, not just attitude or action. Power to create an environment where some lives are valued over others..power to pass laws that value some lives over others..power to deny housing, education, protection, to some while giving it to others..power to create the myth of race in the first place in order to ensure that you and only you can have and keep land in a country stolen from some and built up by others.
I do not have any power yet get called racist. I do not consider myself superior to anyone. A black poster says blacks are superior to whites and you make excuses for this. Shame on you. Most whites in this country do not have the authority or power to make the rules and laws. Blacks have land that they bought, is it not stolen land, or only the land that whites bought?
I don't think I've ever called you a racist. I make a habit of not calling individuals racists, (or any other names) since I believe there are some good people within this country even though it was built on a system of racism.

It's good you don't consider yourself superior to anyone. Remember the song in the musical "Oklahoma?" The lady sings, "I won't say I'm better than anybody else, but I'll be danged if I ain't just as good." I've always liked that.

It's the folks who have such power that are hardest to get to and they continue to use that power to divide us along racial lines.

We know that native American land was stolen by white intruders. What happened to the land centuries after that doesn't change that fact.

I'm thinking that perhaps the overlooked part of the definition is in the word "inherent," which means a permanent attribute or stuck in something so firmly that it cannot be separated." That would mean to believers in racism, that no matter what the superior race does, nothing would change their superiority over other races - not aggression, greed, murder, stealing, cheating, immorality - nothing. Since the supposed superiority is inherent, they can do no wrong. That's a bit scary to me.

I don't see myself as making excuses for posters who post that blacks are superior to whites. I see myself thinking that blacks in this country have been historically treated like animals and have endured things that no human being should have to endure, yet survived, rose up and fought for their freedoms against insurmountable odds. (Like Maya Angelou's poem). I see that as tremendous strength and endurance and often wonder if the tables had been turned, if the white race would have survived.
No, you have never called me racist, I wasnt referring to you. Yes, blacks were treated horribly. The problem is the blacks blaming people today for the past. Quite often it is YOU WHITES, as if we are one.

I dont know why you wonder if the white race would have survived.

Amnesia can be cured.
Black crime can too.

And since black crime is lower than white crime what's your point son?

Racist and racism are two different things.
Are you saying one is acceptable but not the other? How would you consider one not associated with the other?
I didnt say they were not associated. I said they were different and I could give two shits about someone being racist unless they are in a position to practice racism.
Whether they are different or not is irrelevant to my posts.
Your post wasnt relevant to my comment. I sad racist and racism is two different things and you came out of left field asking about acceptance.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Molly was referring to something the other poster said in the op, about experiencing hostility from a black person, BASED ON RACE.

bolding added.

"While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me."

Hostility based on race, certainly fits the definition.

racism definition - Google Search

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."
So you're the Molly Whisperer now?

LoL!! Good catch.

One of my many pet peeves is how quick so many are to cut down posts to the most recent.

Quite often this leads to important context being lost.

Who gives a fuck what you believe? What you personally want to believe has no bearing on facts. The fact is that American blacks are some of the most racist people alive.

There are no such facts that exist. Show us the racist laws and policies made by blacks that were done so to exclude whites.

Racism isn’t only tied to laws and policies. You are a racist asshole, adding stupid to your problems isn’t helping you.

Actually it is. Laws and policies thar deny people rights a far more dfficult to ignore than being called names. And calling me a racist without providing evidence of my racism only shows that you suffer from white fragility.

No, it's not and just because you insist it is doesn't make it true. The definition of racism proves that YOU are racist. You cannot change the definition to suit you.

Nobody is crossing descendants of slave owners EVERY DAY. You should research of few people that would actually be. The vast majority of white people in North America had nothing to do with slavery and way more people fought against slavery, or were just plain against slavery even if they didn't fight.

We shouldn't let anyone get away with being a racist.

Are you saying one is acceptable but not the other? How would you consider one not associated with the other?
I didnt say they were not associated. I said they were different and I could give two shits about someone being racist unless they are in a position to practice racism.
Your post wasnt relevant to my comment. I sad racist and racism is two different things and you came out of left field asking about acceptance.
What was your point in responding with a comment that was irrelevant?

What was your point in responding with a comment that was irrelevant?
To show you how silly you sounded with your irrelevant reply to my comment.

Who gives a fuck what you believe? What you personally want to believe has no bearing on facts. The fact is that American blacks are some of the most racist people alive.

There are no such facts that exist. Show us the racist laws and policies made by blacks that were done so to exclude whites.

Racism isn’t only tied to laws and policies. You are a racist asshole, adding stupid to your problems isn’t helping you.

Actually it is. Laws and policies thar deny people rights a far more dfficult to ignore than being called names. And calling me a racist without providing evidence of my racism only shows that you suffer from white fragility.

No, it's not and just because you insist it is doesn't make it true. The definition of racism proves that YOU are racist. You cannot change the definition to suit you.

Yes it is and it's not because I insist it. The definition of racism roves I am not a racist. Just because you insist it is doesn't make it true.

For White People Who Pretend Not to Understand What Racism Is or How It Works: Here’s a Refresher Course

Monique Judge

Merriam-Webster defines racism as follows:

1: a belief that
race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial
prejudice or discrimination

There are different types of racism, including institutionalized racism, internalized racism and individual racism.

Institutionalized racism is the foundation that this country was built on and is still in place today. It is the reason we need things like affirmative action. Systems were put in place that keep marginalized groups from having the same opportunities and advantages as white people. Don’t bother denying it; you know it’s true.

Internalized racism is when someone—say, a black person—believes all the negative things that white people say about black people. They internalize it and turn it outward onto other black people. Think Pill Bill Cosby telling young black men to pull their pants up or telling Eddie Murphy not to cuss in his comedy sets. Think Stacey Dash calling Rep. Maxine Waters a buffoon and going on Fox News decrying her own people. Think Kanye West saying that slavery was a choice. All of these are good examples of internalized racism.

Individual racism is one person committing acts of racism against another—whether they be microaggressions or outright attacks against another person because of his or her race.

The thing that ties all of these together is the idea that one race (in this case, white people) is better than another race (black people, for this example).

There is an inherent power system built into racism. In this country, white people have held a privilege and station in society where they control everything—courts, businesses, banks and all other parts of everyday life. This country was made for them and they reap the benefits of racism—both institutional and individual.

https://www.theroot.com/for-white-people-who-pretend-to-not-understand-what-rac-1826427170

For White People Who Pretend Not to Understand What Racism Is or How It Works: Here’s a Refresher Course

Monique Judge

Merriam-Webster defines racism as follows:

1: a belief that
race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial
prejudice or discrimination

There are different types of racism, including institutionalized racism, internalized racism and individual racism.

Institutionalized racism is the foundation that this country was built on and is still in place today. It is the reason we need things like affirmative action. Systems were put in place that keep marginalized groups from having the same opportunities and advantages as white people. Don’t bother denying it; you know it’s true.

Internalized racism is when someone—say, a black person—believes all the negative things that white people say about black people. They internalize it and turn it outward onto other black people. Think Pill Bill Cosby telling young black men to pull their pants up or telling Eddie Murphy not to cuss in his comedy sets. Think Stacey Dash calling Rep. Maxine Waters a buffoon and going on Fox News decrying her own people. Think Kanye West saying that slavery was a choice. All of these are good examples of internalized racism.

Individual racism is one person committing acts of racism against another—whether they be microaggressions or outright attacks against another person because of his or her race.

The thing that ties all of these together is the idea that one race (in this case, white people) is better than another race (black people, for this example).

There is an inherent power system built into racism. In this country, white people have held a privilege and station in society where they control everything—courts, businesses, banks and all other parts of everyday life. This country was made for them and they reap the benefits of racism—both institutional and individual.

https://www.theroot.com/for-white-people-who-pretend-to-not-understand-what-rac-1826427170
you call white poster here racist who are none of the above.

Yes it is and it's not because I insist it. The definition of racism roves I am not a racist. Just because you insist it is doesn't make it true.

That’s just ignorant. How can I have a discussion with someone who is so ignorant? I just can’t. Dismissed.

Forum List

Back