I didn't realize CNN is this bad. Bias less obvious as MSNBC, but...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I recently subscribed to SlingTV which has CNN as the news channel.
It has been probably 7-8 years since I have watched the channel regularly.
Now that I have - holy cow. They are terrible. The only difference between MSNBC and CNN is that CNN is less obvious about their liberal bias.

Take this morning. They are reporting on the Iran situation. They bring in an "expert" I had never seen in my life. He served under Colin Powel, and a professor somewhere.
Anyway - he goes on to say how the talks are going well - AND - that the deal is a good one.
So he and the anchor goes on about how good the deal is without giving any specifics. Or specifying just where does he get his information.
Then during a discussion about "The 47" - the anchor asked "are you able to talk to any of your fellow Republicans and try to change their minds? --- He answers not only YES, but goes on to say how he has been "aggressively talking to them". And gives his opinion on the chance of any changing their minds. Then she asked "which members of the 47 have you talked to" -- Get ready for it -- here it comes --- "well I have not been able to talk to any of the 47 but I would love to"....... :eusa_eh:
The guy just lied on national television. He just allowed the insinuation that he has been talking to the 47, but when pressed for what actual members - "uh..uh.."
So what does the anchor do? Quickly changes the subject.
Secondly, in another setting 3 panel members are talking about the letter , and asking why are they going against the American people on this - "even 67% of Republicans agree with the Obama deal" and go on about how they can't believe they are doing this. Blah Blah...and then at the end of the segment they post up the poll that shows how Americans agree "overwhelmingly" with Obama's deal....but wait...
The poll question - "Do you support direct talks with Iran to come to a deal over nuclear weapons"....WTF? :eusa_hand: They just spent 5 minutes spinning this poll to frame a narrative that the "47" are going against even their own parties wishes.

I had no idea they were this bad.

My opinion is CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are all less about news and journalism and more about catering to their respective political extremes. It's a battle for the hearts and minds of voters. Has little to do with journalism.

It's my understanding from democrats here on this very board that one must have the official CNN foil hat AND Kool-aid in order to understand CNN coverage.

I recently subscribed to SlingTV which has CNN as the news channel.
It has been probably 7-8 years since I have watched the channel regularly.
Now that I have - holy cow. They are terrible. The only difference between MSNBC and CNN is that CNN is less obvious about their liberal bias.

Take this morning. They are reporting on the Iran situation. They bring in an "expert" I had never seen in my life. He served under Colin Powel, and a professor somewhere.
Anyway - he goes on to say how the talks are going well - AND - that the deal is a good one.
So he and the anchor goes on about how good the deal is without giving any specifics. Or specifying just where does he get his information.
Then during a discussion about "The 47" - the anchor asked "are you able to talk to any of your fellow Republicans and try to change their minds? --- He answers not only YES, but goes on to say how he has been "aggressively talking to them". And gives his opinion on the chance of any changing their minds. Then she asked "which members of the 47 have you talked to" -- Get ready for it -- here it comes --- "well I have not been able to talk to any of the 47 but I would love to"....... :eusa_eh:
The guy just lied on national television. He just allowed the insinuation that he has been talking to the 47, but when pressed for what actual members - "uh..uh.."
So what does the anchor do? Quickly changes the subject.
Secondly, in another setting 3 panel members are talking about the letter , and asking why are they going against the American people on this - "even 67% of Republicans agree with the Obama deal" and go on about how they can't believe they are doing this. Blah Blah...and then at the end of the segment they post up the poll that shows how Americans agree "overwhelmingly" with Obama's deal....but wait...
The poll question - "Do you support direct talks with Iran to come to a deal over nuclear weapons"....WTF? :eusa_hand: They just spent 5 minutes spinning this poll to frame a narrative that the "47" are going against even their own parties wishes.

I had no idea they were this bad.
Just more proof that one doesn't need a degree to anchor the news or do an interview.

My opinion is CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are all less about news and journalism and more about catering to their respective political extremes. It's a battle for the hearts and minds of voters. Has little to do with journalism.

And has a lot to do with continuing the politics war, continuing to feed the division and yayrah for our team - so that people don't see what is really going on.

And has a lot to do with continuing the politics war, continuing to feed the division and yayrah for our team - so that people don't see what is really going on.

Last thing any government wants is for those it governs to know what's going on. Hence HRC's email scandal and other trivium.

I haven't been able to watch them for 15 years. I've tried a few times but it wasn't any better. They give op-eds on political issues, which is OK, but it's the liberal view, then followed up with the liberal view. Their rating s now are in the tank so they are feeding their target audience what they want to hear, instead of tilting to more of a balance.

CBS seems to be the better one out there, still leftist but they often give other views. ABC looks to me more entertainment/personality driven. NBC sucks bad, maybe a bit better than MSNBC. FOX spends too much time on celebs and religious shit and the thumper music makes me feel ill. I do watch it time shifted though (like everything else) so I zip through the mindless thumping noise, it often doesn't leave any programing though.

I think the future is with streaming sites, Newsy seems pretty good and a few others that just cover the basics. I can research more online if I'm interested. But today's MSM is mostly eyecandy and politicking.

You think those networks are bad, try listening to PBS or the BBC sometime, then you will get a full dose of gub'ment propaganda. lol

If you want to get the truth, you have to cobble it together from a variety of sources, generally unconnected to CFR, RIIA, or corporate media elite new service sources.

I haven't been able to watch them for 15 years. I've tried a few times but it wasn't any better. They give op-eds on political issues, which is OK, but it's the liberal view, then followed up with the liberal view. Their rating s now are in the tank so they are feeding their target audience what they want to hear, instead of tilting to more of a balance.

CBS seems to be the better one out there, still leftist but they often give other views. ABC looks to me more entertainment/personality driven. NBC sucks bad, maybe a bit better than MSNBC. FOX spends too much time on celebs and religious shit and the thumper music makes me feel ill. I do watch it time shifted though (like everything else) so I zip through the mindless thumping noise, it often doesn't leave any programing though.

I think the future is with streaming sites, Newsy seems pretty good and a few others that just cover the basics. I can research more online if I'm interested. But today's MSM is mostly eyecandy and politicking.

Newsy is an on-line subsidiary of CBS, and therefor beholden to the CFR worldview and globalist paradigm.
E.W. Scripps acquires video news platform Newsy

Fox has been a big disappointment. I agree with you 100% on that.

CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, they are all poor excuses for news sources.

I noticed that no one has mentioned FOX.Maybe they can't even be called a news source.

But why do you guys call a network that passes on press releases as news a "liberal" outlet?

What's liberal about CNN? Unless you re-define the term there is no liberal media. Is it liberal bias to not disagree with everything the Democrats come up with?

Even PBS has become right wing in their reporting. Last week I heard a PBS story on how there is not one union coal miner remaining in Kentucky. And they seemed happy about it. They also were gushing over Repub Senator Tom Cotton and saying he should run for president.

Anyone who believes in the myth of the liberal media can't objectively analyse that which they read and see.

CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, they are all poor excuses for news sources.

I noticed that no one has mentioned FOX.Maybe they can't even be called a news source.

But why do you guys call a network that passes on press releases as news a "liberal" outlet?

What's liberal about CNN? Unless you re-define the term there is no liberal media. Is it liberal bias to not disagree with everything the Democrats come up with?

Even PBS has become right wing in their reporting. Last week I heard a PBS story on how there is not one union coal miner remaining in Kentucky. And they seemed happy about it. They also were gushing over Repub Senator Tom Cotton and saying he should run for president.

Anyone who believes in the myth of the liberal media can't objectively analyse that which they read and see.

Uh...there are 3-4 post about FOX in this thread.
I said CNN is an "agenda pusher"...meaning they push narratives and report favorably on Democrat policies and opinions.
Does that make them bias? Uhh....YES.

I said CNN is an "agenda pusher"...meaning they push narratives and report favorably on Democrat policies and opinions.

I didn't say they were not biased.

I said they didn't have a "Liberal" bias.

There isn't that much about Demo policies that I can describe as liberal. Endless war. Trade agreements that send our good jobs to low wage countries. More domestic spying. What's liberal about that?

I didn't say they were not biased.

I said they didn't have a "Liberal" bias.

There isn't that much about Demo policies that I can describe as liberal. Endless war. Trade agreements that send our good jobs to low wage countries. More domestic spying. What's liberal about that?

Sorry, I didn't realize you were level headed and sincere about your beliefs.
That is rare on this forum, so normally you have to bend and form words in a manner that most can understand.
There is liberal, and there is the American liberalism...two very, very, very differnent things as you note.
I may disagree with your liberal beliefs, but it is refreshing to actually see someone who knows what liberalism is.
And Obama is not one.

Forum List

Back