CDZ I challenge your views about Islam

Of course, the same can be said about American police officers. Most just look the other way..(no, I am not damning the police)
Not sure what you are trying to say here. Could you be more specific? What are you saying the police are ignoring?
Like when cops mess with evidence, hide abuse etc
What does that have to do with what we are talking about? I don't think police corruption has anything to do with the common view of Islam.

Of course, the same can be said about American police officers. Most just look the other way..(no, I am not damning the police)
Not sure what you are trying to say here. Could you be more specific? What are you saying the police are ignoring?
Like when cops mess with evidence, hide abuse etc
What does that have to do with what we are talking about? I don't think police corruption has anything to do with the common view of Islam.
It was an analogy. You brought up the argument that they say nothing. Police don't either. Do you think all police are bad because they don't speak out against atrocities?

All I have to say is, I have heard of no credible Christian or Jew calling for the elimination of all "non-beleivers" for... oh we'll just round it to be 500 years or so. Look in any major newspaper and it doesn't take long to find a Muslim stating just that. So, are the stereotypes justified and accurate? No. Are they understandable? Um, yes, and until the non-exteremists within the Islamic faith stand up united and cast out those calling for jihad, the problem WILL persist, stereotypes or no. The problem is not the stereotypes, though they are a problem, the REAL problem is the exteremists calling for jihad. Period, end of story.

They do. People ignore it.

All I have to say is, I have heard of no credible Christian or Jew calling for the elimination of all "non-beleivers" for... oh we'll just round it to be 500 years or so. Look in any major newspaper and it doesn't take long to find a Muslim stating just that. So, are the stereotypes justified and accurate? No. Are they understandable? Um, yes, and until the non-exteremists within the Islamic faith stand up united and cast out those calling for jihad, the problem WILL persist, stereotypes or no. The problem is not the stereotypes, though they are a problem, the REAL problem is the exteremists calling for jihad. Period, end of story.

Really, I have not heard any. Can you name one?

Islam and terrorism are completely unrelated. the only reason the big terrorist groups are mostly Muslim is because the region where Islam was the dominant religion also happened to be the region that was completely f****d up be the west, driving its inhabitants to terrorism.

while it may be true that on the surface the problem is Muslim extremists, that problem can only be solved by eliminating the causes of terrorism, none of which are Islam.

why would people ignore it?

while it may be true that on the surface the problem is Muslim extremists, that problem can only be solved by eliminating the causes of terrorism, none of which are Islam.
I guess I am wrong to beleive that Islamic Jihad is related to Islam then. Wow, I am such a fool.:eusa_doh:

I guess I am wrong to beleive that Islamic Jihad is related to Islam then. Wow, I am such a fool.:eusa_doh:

Not only is terrorism unrelated to islam-------even shariah law is unrelated to islam. Shariah law----is shariah law-------of course there are some stringencies ignored depending on time and place and some elements even discarded----depending on time and place---------but the fact is-------it is. People do what they are allowed to do. If a legal code is considered DIVINE---then some people will believe that anything allowed is "GOOD"> In real actual Islamic law-------the rape of a non muslim female is legal in a shariah society UNLESS that girl is "under the protection of a muslim" ------the muslim who "protects her" can object ------sometimes
the penalty to the rapist is to give to the protector of the girl he raped-------one of his own girls under HIS protection. "Protected people" are Christians. jews. and sometimes hindus. For more information on the status of protected people------the best source is
people who are protected or once were or are the progeny of such people

Last edited:

Google it. Honestly, in so many threads I've brought up examples - it gets old. Google Muslims denounce extremism or violence - usually gets a lot of hits.

Google it. Honestly, in so many threads I've brought up examples - it gets old. Google Muslims denounce extremism or violence - usually gets a lot of hits.

oh-----that must be difficult-----there are a BILLION MUSLIMS in the world------even 1% would mean
1,000,000 hits per terrorist action. I am assuming that there is a muslim leader about one
pre 1000 in population--------another possibility would be one pre 10,000 and thus 100,000
hits per terrorist action. One per 100,000?----more doable 10,000 hits per
terrorist action------------of course the INCITEMENT incidence would be
"SORRY, NO HITS" and absolutely no dancing over dead bodies

I stand corrected. Thank you for the info.

I must still ask the question, "Why would the media largely ignore "Moderate Muslims" who are denouncing extremism?" I suggest that the answer is political in nature. It is my contention that it is, in large part, that the media beleives that they need to have a continuing "crisis" to further their political ideologies. I am not saying that it is right-leaning, or left-leaning outlets. I beleive both groups are engaged in the same tactics, to acheive different goals, but the same tactics all the same.

More importantly, why are politicians and other policy makers perpetuating this... "misconception"? As with all things political, to find the answer, follow the money/power. Who is getting rich and or powerful from the fight against terror? Yes, weapons makers are, but even more that them. Weapons makers are an off shoot, they were and will continue to be getting rich even without terrorism. Who is gaining money, infuence and power BECAUSE of terror, that was not before? Answer that and you will find the reason the media is remaining mostly silent about those muslims who denounce extremism.

Term's meaningless. Pleanty of 'moderate Muslims' saying things every bit as screwed up as 'radical' ones. Wanna find 'warm n fuzzy' Muslims you need to find the liberal sorta ones or the LGBT Muslims. :)

these ridiculous societies

Indonesia (save the bit at the top) is a democracy with free and fair elections.
Equal rights for women are guaranteed in law, and one Indonesian national hero is Kartini, the woman who started the movement for women's education.
It is illegal to keep an Indonesian girl away from school until she's 16.
(In fact, that doesn't always work out because poverty excludes the chance, but it guarantees education for the majority of girls.)
Indonesia, unlike many non Muslim states, has had a female president - more than the US of A can claim at the moment.

Perhaps, and this is just a possibility, stereotypes use the actions and ideals of SOME Muslims, not ALL.
Indonesia isn't theocratic.

Forum List

Back