I Can't Imagine a God...

who said this isn't what God refers to?
Life, creation all things in the world.

Who needs a god?

You need Jesus.

Can you please help explain the meaning and significance of Jesus
in terms that even DISIR and Sealybobo can understand?

I explain that Jesus is the spirit of Justice universal to all humanity.
So the process we're all going through is establishing Truth by agreement on Justice.
Or going through Jesus to get to God.

Westminster Confession of Faith. You need to read it Emily. It's summarizes Biblical theology.

You didn't like my 250 word summary?
How to explain the Bible without reading it - Worth1000 Contests

To explain the story of humanity summarized in the Bible, it helps to distinguish the difference between the Old and New Testaments, which determines if the rest will make sense at all, or even needs to be read.

In short, the Old Testament records the tragic history of living by the "letter of the law" and retributive justice, causing death and genocidal destruction by greed, while the New Testament paints a positive future for humanity, with renewed love of life and relationships by restorative justice, living by the "spirit of the law" for lasting peace.

The key difference between these paths is divine forgiveness, which breaks the cycle of retribution inherited from previous generations. Without forgiveness, suffering repeats, projected forward. However, by receiving forgiveness and correction, where Jesus represents the spiritual process of embracing equal justice, humanity finds liberation from past strife by establishing universal truth, justice, and peace on earth. Thus, human nature is destined to reach maturity in mind, body, and spirit, collectively symbolized by the Holy Trinity.

Salvation in Jesus represents restorative justice with mercy, bringing healing grace to end conflicts. Reconciling local laws among individuals with universal laws on a global scale fulfills both in perfect harmony or marriage between people, as the bride or church, united with the authority of law or state.

The story of sacrifice and redemption represents the spiritual process each individual experiences to grow in life -- through trials, failures, and recovery -- which drives humanity to reach spiritual understanding, wholeness, and peace.

Co bao nhieu tuoi?

I can't imagine a God so small that He could be contained in The Torah, The New Testament AND The Koran as the last Word on God, let alone any one of the three as a stand alone.

I must be a Monkey ahead of my Time.
:smoke:
antelope-canyon-arizona-hd-wallpaper.jpg

The-Ebb-of-Life-Lower-Antelope-Canyon-Page-Arizona.jpg

230593_c3822f973dc173f26ec348941e2ca612_large.jpg

:dunno: Who needs a god?
who said this isn't what God refers to?
Life, creation all things in the world.

Who needs a god?

You need Jesus.

I need these in pink:
a457f1c5e123f3aeb2241b19354bd773.jpg

Another silly thread from someone who doesn't believe in a God that he's obsessed talking about.

Nobody says that God is "fully contained" in the Bible. He simply reveals what His creation NEEDS to know about Him. We don't have to know everything about Him to believe in Him; trust in Him; communicate with Him; and know Him.

Where do I say that I don't believe God is possible?

I'm simply stating that limiting one's concept of God to The God of Abraham, As defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an seems short-sighted, and, considering the role played by those three ancient Arab tales in Monkey History, I think God would agree with me.

And why can't that God be compatible with the same God behind all these other things, too?
Why is there assumed to be some contradiction there?

AVG-JOE
Just because SOME people get closeminded about this
doesn't mean you have to see it that way. Most people I know who understand the meaning don't have this issue you are debating and negating.

It is only an issue for people who don't get the universality of God. So it shouldn't be an issue for you unless you have a gripe with certain people? over how THEY teach the Bible? So don't teach it that way, and you can join with the rest of the people who don't teach it limited either!

Last edited:
Who needs a god?

You need Jesus.

So the process we're all going through is establishing Truth by agreement on Justice.

Westminster Confession of Faith. You need to read it Emily. It's summarizes Biblical theology.

To explain the story of humanity summarized in the Bible, it helps to distinguish the difference between the Old and New Testaments, which determines if the rest will make sense at all, or even needs to be read.

In short, the Old Testament records the tragic history of living by the "letter of the law" and retributive justice, causing death and genocidal destruction by greed, while the New Testament paints a positive future for humanity, with renewed love of life and relationships by restorative justice, living by the "spirit of the law" for lasting peace.

The key difference between these paths is divine forgiveness, which breaks the cycle of retribution inherited from previous generations. Without forgiveness, suffering repeats, projected forward. However, by receiving forgiveness and correction, where Jesus represents the spiritual process of embracing equal justice, humanity finds liberation from past strife by establishing universal truth, justice, and peace on earth. Thus, human nature is destined to reach maturity in mind, body, and spirit, collectively symbolized by the Holy Trinity.

Salvation in Jesus represents restorative justice with mercy, bringing healing grace to end conflicts. Reconciling local laws among individuals with universal laws on a global scale fulfills both in perfect harmony or marriage between people, as the bride or church, united with the authority of law or state.

The story of sacrifice and redemption represents the spiritual process each individual experiences to grow in life -- through trials, failures, and recovery -- which drives humanity to reach spiritual understanding, wholeness, and peace.

Co bao nhieu tuoi?

Sorry I am American-English only, though I did study some French.

I need to learn to communicate in English first, before taking on any other languages.

It is hard enough in English to get on the same page with people.

People who believe these ancient religions are stuck in the stone ages as far as the enlightenment of man goes. We may have always debated if a creator exists and we may always because its an unknowable question that even fascinates us athiests who don't believe there is.

But these religions have an expiration date. That may not seem possible to people now but think about how much smarter we are than our grandparents. In 500 years people will be too smart to believe impossible stories.

But it will be a long time because we have Muslims Mormons and bible belt people who aren't going to evolve any time soon.

Sorry sealybobo if you don't even understand these religions enough to know and appreciate what people see in them, how can you be the judge of them?

How do you know what you are missing if you are too busy dissing them from the outside?

Very strange how you think you can be an expert on things you REFUSE to learn about.

You remind me of people who think Spanish is a dumb language because they don't want to learn it.
The people who know how to correct bad Spanish and speak correct Spanish actually learn Spanish
and understand the art and science of it. I would listen to them before I listen to a critic who doesn't even like it.
I was a christian for 30 years.

You were a fake Christian those 30 years. Real Christians are Christians forever.

You can wake up from the mind fuck youre in I swear.

You're the one that's insane. Wake up to reality sealy.
Feeding 5000 with 5 loaves and 3 fish is reality? How about the shit Mormons believe? Tell me that's real and if not what's the diff?

You need Jesus.

Co bao nhieu tuoi?

I need to learn to communicate in English first, before taking on any other languages.

You need a new schtick

Another silly thread from someone who doesn't believe in a God that he's obsessed talking about.

Nobody says that God is "fully contained" in the Bible. He simply reveals what His creation NEEDS to know about Him. We don't have to know everything about Him to believe in Him; trust in Him; communicate with Him; and know Him.

I'm simply stating that limiting one's concept of God to The God of Abraham, As defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an seems short-sighted, and, considering the role played by those three ancient Arab tales in Monkey History, I think God would agree with me.

You're painting with a broad brush. You seem to assume that everyone who believes in the "God of Abraham" limits Him to the Bible only. That's not the case. I believe that God is far greater in scope than the bible reveals but I don't believe that I must know the level of His greatness in order to believe in Him.

And why can't that God be compatible with the same God behind all these other things, too?

AVG-JOE
doesn't mean you have to see it that way. Most people I know who understand the meaning don't have this issue you are debating and negating.

It is only an issue for people who don't get the universality of God. So it shouldn't be an issue for you unless you have a gripe with certain people? over how THEY teach the Bible? So don't teach it that way, and you can join with the rest of the people who don't teach it limited either!

I've decided that I don't have a problem with God per se, but I find the continued use of the ancient stories to justify selfish politics and various 'isms' around the globe to be a deterrent to peace. This is my motivation to write tonight.

You're painting with a broad brush. You seem to assume that everyone who believes in the "God of Abraham" limits Him to the Bible only. That's not the case. I believe that God is far greater in scope than the bible reveals but I don't believe that I must know the level of His greatness in order to believe in Him.
I want to know the truth before I worship something

If the God you believe in is far greater in scope than The Bible reveals, why limit yourself to The God of Abraham as defined in those ancient tomes? Why not open up and explore The God of DriftingSand?

`

Can not imagine GOD either....

He is big thats all I sense

He is Infinite.... human brains can not contain Infinity.....can hardly imagine it.

I don't bother lately ...in even trying to imagine

what is the use?

worms that we all are

You need Jesus.

Co bao nhieu tuoi?

You're not Vietnamese?

Sorry sealybobo if you don't even understand these religions enough to know and appreciate what people see in them, how can you be the judge of them?

How do you know what you are missing if you are too busy dissing them from the outside?

Very strange how you think you can be an expert on things you REFUSE to learn about.

You remind me of people who think Spanish is a dumb language because they don't want to learn it.
The people who know how to correct bad Spanish and speak correct Spanish actually learn Spanish
and understand the art and science of it. I would listen to them before I listen to a critic who doesn't even like it.
I was a christian for 30 years.

You were a fake Christian those 30 years. Real Christians are Christians forever.

You can wake up from the mind fuck youre in I swear.

You're the one that's insane. Wake up to reality sealy.
Feeding 5000 with 5 loaves and 3 fish is reality? How about the shit Mormons believe? Tell me that's real and if not what's the diff?

God is omnipotent. Mormons aren't Christians, yet they keep saying they are. I'm certain that a lot of Mormons will go to Hell for rejecting the real Jesus Christ.

He is Infinite.... human brains can not contain Infinity.....can hardly imagine it.

And if anything it would care if you were a good person not a believer.

And if anything it would care if you were a good person not a believer.

Only God is good. All men are sinners and deserving of Hell. You didn't learn much as a fake Christian for 30 years.

AVG-JOE

I've decided that I don't have a problem with God per se, but I find the continued use of the ancient stories to justify selfish politics and various 'isms' around the globe to be a deterrent to peace. This is my motivation to write tonight.

But God nor the vast majority of believers in God are to blame for the actions of a few unscrupulous men (and/or women).

Forum List

Back