I Can't Imagine a God...

I see God in the vastness of the cosmos. He isn't restricted to a book, he is the master of this universe. Oh ye of little faith!

Big right? Vast. Cosmos vast. Biggest there is, and God is bigger.

When you put it all in proper perspective, it makes the way modern Monkeys continue to bleed over ancient stories positively silly, no?

I don't understand. What are you getting at?

If God is, doesn't it make sense that He's bigger than all of the ancient stories put together, let alone any one of them that claim to be the last word on God?

Isn't it odd that the age of the miraculous is unrepeatable history?

I can't imagine a God so small that He could be contained in The Torah, The New Testament AND The Koran as the last Word on God, let alone any one of the three as a stand alone.

I must be a Monkey ahead of my Time.
:smoke:
i concur. those that think they can capture God and his final word on things we've yet to ask are misguided. But, the core values of God do answer questions we've yet to ask

I see God in the vastness of the cosmos. He isn't restricted to a book, he is the master of this universe. Oh ye of little faith!

When you put it all in proper perspective, it makes the way modern Monkeys continue to bleed over ancient stories positively silly, no?

I don't understand. What are you getting at?

If God is, doesn't it make sense that He's bigger than all of the ancient stories put together, let alone any one of them that claim to be the last word on God?

Isn't it odd the the age of the miraculous is unrepeatable history?

Enough of this gibberish. I have other things to do.

OK, one non-answer. Shall we try another? Let's. Why in the book of Numbers does the book go on and on and on about the exact count of people and stuff.

With all possible respect, Who the fuck cares? :dunno:
Are you really as big a moron as you appear? What kind of fuck head would start a thread about book of religion and then ask, 'Who the fuck cares?" Are you drinking? Smoking? Just plain stupid? You do not have the mental capacity for religion. Don't drive your car! It does things you do not understand. For that matter you should really just sit still most of the time.

Don't over-think it Bro'... You'll blow a gasket.

The question I pose is a simple one of the modern relevance of the ancient stories, specifically The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran. This is a thread specifically not about book religion. It's book religion, especially ancient book religion, that I solicit my fellow Monkeys to abandon to history.

This thread asks readers to think outside The Books when they consider their personal concept of 'God'.

OK, one non-answer. Shall we try another? Let's. Why in the book of Numbers does the book go on and on and on about the exact count of people and stuff.

Are you really as big a moron as you appear? What kind of fuck head would start a thread about book of religion and then ask, 'Who the fuck cares?" Are you drinking? Smoking? Just plain stupid? You do not have the mental capacity for religion. Don't drive your car! It does things you do not understand. For that matter you should really just sit still most of the time.

The question I pose is a simple one of the modern relevance of the ancient stories, specifically The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran. This is a thread specifically not about book religion. It's book religion, especially ancient book religion, that I solicit my fellow Monkeys to abandon to history.

This thread asks readers to think outside The Books when they consider their personal concept of 'God'.
Oh, no worries. I have not got to flame in like forever. It's been killin' me. :badgrin: Still think you've got issues with you head. :doubt:

I can't imagine a God so small that He could be contained in The Torah, The New Testament AND The Koran as the last Word on God, let alone any one of the three as a stand alone.

People who believe these ancient religions are stuck in the stone ages as far as the enlightenment of man goes. We may have always debated if a creator exists and we may always because its an unknowable question that even fascinates us athiests who don't believe there is.

But these religions have an expiration date. That may not seem possible to people now but think about how much smarter we are than our grandparents. In 500 years people will be too smart to believe impossible stories.

But it will be a long time because we have Muslims Mormons and bible belt people who aren't going to evolve any time soon.

I see God in every dog's smile.

Big, right?

How can the ancient stories possibly be the last Word on God?

AVG-JOE
Who said they had to be?
Where did YOU get this idea that God had to fit in the Bible.

What about all the natural laws, what about the laws of governance.
Those aren't even IN the Bible yet they come from the same God as described in the Bible.

What is contradictory about that?

Like no way a god would worry or care more that people believe than being good.

Another silly thread from someone who doesn't believe in a God that he's obsessed talking about.

Nobody says that God is "fully contained" in the Bible. He simply reveals what His creation NEEDS to know about Him. We don't have to know everything about Him to believe in Him; trust in Him; communicate with Him; and know Him.

People who believe these ancient religions are stuck in the stone ages as far as the enlightenment of man goes. We may have always debated if a creator exists and we may always because its an unknowable question that even fascinates us athiests who don't believe there is.

But these religions have an expiration date. That may not seem possible to people now but think about how much smarter we are than our grandparents. In 500 years people will be too smart to believe impossible stories.

But it will be a long time because we have Muslims Mormons and bible belt people who aren't going to evolve any time soon.

Sorry sealybobo if you don't even understand these religions enough to know and appreciate what people see in them, how can you be the judge of them?

How do you know what you are missing if you are too busy dissing them from the outside?

Very strange how you think you can be an expert on things you REFUSE to learn about.

You remind me of people who think Spanish is a dumb language because they don't want to learn it.
The people who know how to correct bad Spanish and speak correct Spanish actually learn Spanish
and understand the art and science of it. I would listen to them before I listen to a critic who doesn't even like it.

Bruno Giordano tried to tell the church this and they burned him alive.

I agree if there is a god he didn't come visit moses 7000 years ago or 2015 years ago.

There was a time we believed we were alone in the universe. Now most likely we are not. To still follow a 2015 year old story that doesnt make sense makes no sense.

Sorry sealybobo if you don't even understand these religions enough to know and appreciate what people see in them, how can you be the judge of them?

How do you know what you are missing if you are too busy dissing them from the outside?

Very strange how you think you can be an expert on things you REFUSE to learn about.

You remind me of people who think Spanish is a dumb language because they don't want to learn it.
The people who know how to correct bad Spanish and speak correct Spanish actually learn Spanish
and understand the art and science of it. I would listen to them before I listen to a critic who doesn't even like it.
I was a christian for 30 years.

Yes, AVG-JOE, so God is infinite and eternal.
So the most we can do is understand our RELATIONSHIP and representations of God.
So we can agree how to act in life in harmony with that RELATIONSHIP between
man as a physical individual with free will, reason and a conscience to learn by experience,
and the COLLECTIVE level of life and laws of the universe that exceed our limited knowledge.

What is wrong with that?

P.S. if what you are questioning is how can Christians not include ALL the other laws
as part of nature, such as our Constitutional laws that aren't in the Bible, or laws of science, etc.
then that is a valid question: and the answer is that all such truth can be reconciled so there is no conflict. But you would be right, there is no need to REJECT science and natural laws that are part of God's creation if all things are created by God and should be consistent. Is THIS what your issue is, whether Christian faith has to EXCLUDE all other sources of knowledge that are part of God's truth?

Spanish exists.

Emily, what compels you to bloviate? It dilutes your message. It makes you seem like you're mostly confused about the subject.

Last edited:

I was a christian for 30 years.

And do you understand the message in Christianity yet?
or do you have to step outside and learn in broader perspective with everything else
before you get what it means and see which truths are universal and inherent in human nature to follow?

Spanish exists.

And don't the concepts that are expressed in Spanish EXIST independent of Spanish
where Spanish is just a language used for expression of these?

antelope-canyon-arizona-hd-wallpaper.jpg

The-Ebb-of-Life-Lower-Antelope-Canyon-Page-Arizona.jpg

230593_c3822f973dc173f26ec348941e2ca612_large.jpg

:dunno: Who needs a god?

Forum List

Back