Do cons realize teaching about Christianity is the same as teaching Greek mythology?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
They both have no proof of being true. It's all mythology in my book. Besides, what about people who think Zeus is actually a real god? Shouldn't they be offended about how con schools teach about Greek mythology?

They both have no proof of being true. It's all mythology in my book. Besides, what about people who think Zeus is actually a real god? Shouldn't they be offended about how con schools teach about Greek mythology?
Religion is about faith, and not about proof. There are those that believe, and there are those that don't believe. And, those that don't believe, can't prove that GOD, a GOD, doesn't exist. The whole argument becomes a moot point due to the fact that neither side can provide absolute proof one way or the other. Opinions express both sides of the coin. Mythology is mythology, and religion is religion. Non-believers can call GOD, a GOD, a myth if that's what they think and believe, but all they have is an opinion, and no proof that GOD, a GOD, doesn't exist.

This argument was on this forum last week I believe, and it ended the same way all conversations on this topic end. In the end, people call believers stupid, idiots, dummies, and worse. And, believers stick to their guns and stand up for their faith. No one can provide absolute solid concrete evidence to dispute either side. This argument has been ongoing through centuries, and people will argue this subject until there are no more people. It's one of those discussions that encourages a lot of anger, distorted truths, and eventually ends the same as it started, with no one proving either side is correct.

Opinions are many, facts are few.

There are plenty of facts out there to support the OP. The problem is that religion is so sacred to people that it blows their minds to the point they close down. I'm of the mind that as long as people take the good stuff from religion then I dont care what they believe as long as it harms no one.

Problem is, if you've been doing any research or even watched the History Channel you'd know there's proof all over the place for many of the events in the Bible.

So crawl back under your rock.

There are plenty of facts out there to support the OP. The problem is that religion is so sacred to people that it blows their minds to the point they close down. I'm of the mind that as long as people take the good stuff from religion then I dont care what they believe as long as it harms no one.
And what facts might those be? Just curious.

And what facts might those be? Just curious.
2 off the top of my head would be you cant get Black people from white people and the world is much older than 6K years old.

Compared to Christianity, the ancient Greek pantheon and religions make MORE, not less sense. The Greek gods were very much more humanized than the Judaeo-Christian-Islamic deity. They loved sex, good food, mingling with humans, etc. Whereas the monotheistic one's too good to hang out with mere mortals. :)

Prove to me that evolution is correct, besides saying "someone told me it was."

And before you go off, I do believe in evolution as the process in which biological organisms advance and diversify.

I'm asking you to prove it to me with hard concrete examples.

why is this any of your all business?

you're the con conning us here

Forum List

Back