I can no longer look at Bachmann as an honest person

At last nights debate she made near criminal accusations against Perry about bribes and left out the fact that parents had the right to opt out of his mandate which she claimed was forced.

Bachmann "Im offended for all the little girls and parents that didnt have a choice"

^^^^^^ That is a flat out lie and she knows it! We dont need another potus that will say anything to get what they want.

Bachmann now has 0 credibility in my book. She may have some good ideas and I can only hope others adopt them. Simply saying I will get rid of Obamacare isnt sufficient.

She is a LIAR. She is done.

Michele Bachmann Slams Rick Perry On Gardasil During CNN/Tea Party Debate - YouTube

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Statement of Gov. Rick Perry on HPV Vaccine Executive Order

Snip-

“Finally, parents need to know that they have the final decision about whether or not their daughter is vaccinated. I am a strong believer in protecting parental rights, which is why this executive order allows them to opt out.”

Thank God you're not the town crier.

You do realize that you are defending Bachmann right?

I put that idiot on ignore yesterday. Had you not quoted him I might have missed yet another chance to shove his nose in shit.

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Statement of Gov. Rick Perry on HPV Vaccine Executive Order

snip-

“Finally, parents need to know that they have the final decision about whether or not their daughter is vaccinated. I am a strong believer in protecting parental rights, which is why this executive order allows them to opt out.”

shove my nose in shit? I asked a simple respectful question and you act like an asshole.

anyone else find this confusing:
A few hours after unveiling his campaign for president, Perry began walking back from one of the most controversial decisions of his more-than-10-year reign as Texas governor. Speaking to voters at a backyard party in New Hampshire, Perry said he was ill-informed when he issued his executive order, in February 2007, mandating the HPV vaccine for all girls entering sixth grade, unless their parents completed a conscientious-objection affidavit form. The vaccine, Merck & Co.’s Gardasil, would have protected against the forms of HPV that cause about 70 percent of all cervical cancer, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control.

"I signed an executive order that allowed for an opt-out, but the fact of the matter is that I didn’t do my research well enough to understand that we needed to have a substantial conversation with our citizenry," Perry said at the Manchester, N.H., event in response to an audience question about the HPV controversy, according to ABC News’ The Note. "But here’s what I learned: When you get too far out in front of the parade, they will let you know, and that’s exactly what our Legislature did, and I saluted it and I said, 'Roger that, I hear you loud and clear.' And they didn’t want to do it and we don’t, so enough said.”

Instead of making the vaccine mandatory, "what we should of done was a program that frankly allowed them to opt in or some type of program like that," Perry told the New Hampshire gathering.

Under Scrutiny, Perry Walks Back HPV Decision — Rick Perry | The Texas Tribune

Left over hostility from last night when I put you on ignore

At last nights debate she made near criminal accusations against Perry about bribes and left out the fact that parents had the right to opt out of his mandate which she claimed was forced.

Bachmann "Im offended for all the little girls and parents that didnt have a choice"

^^^^^^ That is a flat out lie and she knows it! We dont need another potus that will say anything to get what they want.

Bachmann now has 0 credibility in my book. She may have some good ideas and I can only hope others adopt them. Simply saying I will get rid of Obamacare isnt sufficient.

She is a LIAR. She is done.

Michele Bachmann Slams Rick Perry On Gardasil During CNN/Tea Party Debate - YouTube

Snip-

You...considered her honest in the first place?

Cant speak to that. I dont live in Texas with daughters

Yeah, and it would be impossible to look it up :cuckoo:

The opt out was for religious and/or philosophical reasons. Parents needed to complete forms and provide supporting paperwork in order to qualify. They also had to re-do it all every year, and certain private school wouldn't accept the opt out, and virtually all Catholic schools didn't accept it either.

It's pretty much the same as the Obamacare mandate. Yet when Perry did it, it was about "choice".

:link:

zomg Google!!

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...says-hpv-vaccine-he-mandated-would-have-been/

I'm in PA and we opted out of the mandatory vaccines when my youngest was entering K (her brother is in the autistic spectrum). We filled out forms once or twice and never had to fill out any more forms.

I don't like Perry's original stance on this. Didn't do his homework?? Give me a break. The walk back is expected because he's running. Day late and a dollar short if you ask me. Don't like his stance on tuition breaks for illegals either.

A few hours after unveiling his campaign for president, Perry began walking back from one of the most controversial decisions of his more-than-10-year reign as Texas governor. Speaking to voters at a backyard party in New Hampshire, Perry said he was ill-informed when he issued his executive order, in February 2007, mandating the HPV vaccine for all girls entering sixth grade, unless their parents completed a conscientious-objection affidavit form. The vaccine, Merck & Co.’s Gardasil, would have protected against the forms of HPV that cause about 70 percent of all cervical cancer, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control.

"I signed an executive order that allowed for an opt-out, but the fact of the matter is that I didn’t do my research well enough to understand that we needed to have a substantial conversation with our citizenry," Perry said at the Manchester, N.H., event in response to an audience question about the HPV controversy, according to ABC News’ The Note. "But here’s what I learned: When you get too far out in front of the parade, they will let you know, and that’s exactly what our Legislature did, and I saluted it and I said, 'Roger that, I hear you loud and clear.' And they didn’t want to do it and we don’t, so enough said.”

Instead of making the vaccine mandatory, "what we should of done was a program that frankly allowed them to opt in or some type of program like that," Perry told the New Hampshire gathering.
The basis for the whole question. He should have gone to the legislature first. Especially given his close ties to Merk.

This whole question of doing end runs around the constitutional process is why Obama is in such trouble now anyway. Our officials are our servants, not the voice of Gd.

You do it the right way the first time, you will get better results. Maybe he couldn't have got the inoculations in 2007. But the process woud have been respected.

I'm in PA and we opted out of the mandatory vaccines when my youngest was entering K (her brother is in the autistic spectrum). We filled out forms once or twice and never had to fill out any more forms.

I don't like Perry's original stance on this. Didn't do his homework?? Give me a break. The walk back is expected because he's running. Day late and a dollar short if you ask me. Don't like his stance on tuition breaks for illegals either.
Don't tell me that you think vaccines cause autism.

Yeah, and it would be impossible to look it up :cuckoo:

The opt out was for religious and/or philosophical reasons. Parents needed to complete forms and provide supporting paperwork in order to qualify. They also had to re-do it all every year, and certain private school wouldn't accept the opt out, and virtually all Catholic schools didn't accept it either.

It's pretty much the same as the Obamacare mandate. Yet when Perry did it, it was about "choice".

:link:

zomg Google!!

PolitiFact Texas | Perry says the HPV vaccine he mandated would have been optional

I gave you a link to the policy maker and his position. If you want to counter my argument give me an official link not some other 3rd party link

STFU troll

I can't believe you thought she was honest at all to begin with. Her whole existence is a lie.

Bachmann claims to be a Tea Party champion and Constitutionalist yet she supports the global fascist PATRIOT ACT.

You do realize that you are defending Bachmann right?

I put that idiot on ignore yesterday. Had you not quoted him I might have missed yet another chance to shove his nose in shit.

snip-

shove my nose in shit? I asked a simple respectful question and you act like an asshole.

From your source:

"I signed an executive order that allowed for an opt-out, but the fact of the matter is that I didn’t do my research well enough to understand that we needed to have a substantial conversation with our citizenry," Perry said at the Manchester, N.H.,

Perry's statement on the day he signed the executive order, note the bold part:

Gov. Perry Establishes HPV Vaccination Program for Young Women
Vaccine will save lives of Texas women by preventing cervical cancer caused by HPV

Friday, February 02, 2007 • Press Release

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today issued an executive order directing the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to adopt rules requiring all girls age 11 and 12 to receive the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine prior to entering sixth grade, effective September 2008. The executive order also directs HHSC and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to make the vaccine immediately available to eligible young females through the Texas Vaccines for Children program for young women ages 9 to 18, and through Medicaid for women ages 19 to 21.

“The HPV vaccine provides us with an incredible opportunity to effectively target and prevent cervical cancer,” said Perry. “Requiring young girls to get vaccinated before they come into contact with HPV is responsible health and fiscal policy that has the potential to significantly reduce cases of cervical cancer and mitigate future medical costs.”

HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the United States. Today, approximately 20 million people in the nation are infected, including one in four 15 to 24 year olds. Certain strains of HPV cause most cases of cervical cancer. Texas has the second highest number of women suffering from this devastating disease in the nation. In 2006, there were 1,169 new cases and nearly 400 deaths from cervical cancer in the state.

Parents may choose to opt out of mandatory vaccinations for reasons of conscience, including religious beliefs. The governor’s executive order directs DSHS to ease the opt out process by providing exemption request forms online.

I gave you a link to the policy maker and his position. If you want to counter my argument give me an official link not some other 3rd party link

What? The link I provided clearly lays out the process for opting out and gives examples and numbers of schools that did not accept the opt out.

I'm sorry I don't have a quote from God supporting me, but I think that wouldn't matter to you anyway.

Ravi, she's now 14 1/2 and this was 10 years ago before any of the information about the vaccine/autism connection was proven false. We simply didn't know and we weren't taking any chances.

We decided to have her titers checked back then. They all came back as well inoculated except for Whooping Cough, which was low but still within range. We also asked the doc at the time if she would be 'more inoculated/protected' if she were given the shots. The answer was no so we decided not to give her any more.

Ravi, she's now 14 1/2 and this was 10 years ago before any of the information about the vaccine/autism connection was proven false. We simply didn't know and we weren't taking any chances.

We decided to have her titers checked back then. They all came back as well inoculated except for Whooping Cough, which was low but still within range. We also asked the doc at the time if she would be 'more inoculated/protected' if she were given the shots. The answer was no so we decided not to give her any more.
Okay, thanks. It makes sense that you were unsure back then. It just really bugs me what that idiotic doctor (I believe in England) started with his lies.

If any of you think this will be an issue come election time then you are a bunch of idiots.

The executive order had an opt out clause and the whole order lasted a whopping three months!!

Wise up!

From your source:

"I signed an executive order that allowed for an opt-out, but the fact of the matter is that I didn’t do my research well enough to understand that we needed to have a substantial conversation with our citizenry," Perry said at the Manchester, N.H.,

Vaccine will save lives of Texas women by preventing cervical cancer caused by HPV

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today issued an executive order directing the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to adopt rules requiring all girls age 11 and 12 to receive the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine prior to entering sixth grade, effective September 2008. The executive order also directs HHSC and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to make the vaccine immediately available to eligible young females through the Texas Vaccines for Children program for young women ages 9 to 18, and through Medicaid for women ages 19 to 21.

“The HPV vaccine provides us with an incredible opportunity to effectively target and prevent cervical cancer,” said Perry. “Requiring young girls to get vaccinated before they come into contact with HPV is responsible health and fiscal policy that has the potential to significantly reduce cases of cervical cancer and mitigate future medical costs.”

HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the United States. Today, approximately 20 million people in the nation are infected, including one in four 15 to 24 year olds. Certain strains of HPV cause most cases of cervical cancer. Texas has the second highest number of women suffering from this devastating disease in the nation. In 2006, there were 1,169 new cases and nearly 400 deaths from cervical cancer in the state.

Parents may choose to opt out of mandatory vaccinations for reasons of conscience, including religious beliefs. The governor’s executive order directs DSHS to ease the opt out process by providing exemption request forms online.

right and says he was wrong for the way he handled it. Saying he should have done an opt in. People are lazy and if they dont research and ask questions, they wont know they can opt out. Therefore it becomes a Mandate through ignorance.

Again he copied the Massachusetts version of getting Vaccines.

Yes he messed up, he should have went throuh the legislature. It would have failed but he should have pursued that course of action and not an executive order.

No the opt out was in it. Did you not read his statement he made the SAME day he signed the order? In it he clearly states that parents had to right to opt out.

You people are some stupid fucks I posted the link to Perry's statement. Wise up and read it!!

From your source:

right and says he was wrong for the way he handled it. Saying he should have done an opt in. People are lazy and if they dont research and ask questions, they wont know they can opt out. Therefore it becomes a Mandate through ignorance.

Im pretty sure every state has some ammount of mandatory vaccines. We do here in Missouri. I dunno why this is national news. I just dont get it. Based on what I know I would have my girls vacinated for it. They are now grown having survived the mandatory shots their whole lives.

And people want Perry to be prez?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
He signs an Executive Order that he skim-read and he later finds out he made a mistake?? Yeah, that's presidential timber alright!

Yes he messed up, he should have went throuh the legislature. It would have failed but he should have pursued that course of action and not an executive order.

No the opt out was in it. Did you not read his statement he made the SAME day he signed the order? In it he clearly states that parents had to right to opt out.

You people are some stupid fucks I posted the link to Perry's statement. Wise up and read it!!

I did read it, and he said he should of went with an OPT IN and not an OPT OUT.....

Highlight the part where he said "he should of went with an OPT IN and not an OPT OUT"

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Gov. Perry Establishes HPV Vaccination Program for Young Women

Forum List

Back