I can no longer look at Bachmann as an honest person

Uncle Ferd says womens is half nuts to begin with...
:eusa_eh:
CDC: HPV Vaccine Does Not Cause Mental Retardation
13 Sept.`11 - Fact Check: No evidence to suggest HPV vaccine causes 'mental retardation'
There’s long been a prominent debate in the autism community over vaccines and whether they cause the disorder. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has found no evidence to support that fear. And diseases long thought to be wiped out in the U.S., like measles, for example, have made a comeback because of parents who have refused to inoculate their children. This morning, as reported earlier, Michele Bachmann went even further, lending credence to a notion that Gardasil -- used in vaccines to prevent HPV, which can cause cervical cancer -- can cause mental retardation.

“I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate,” Bachmann said. “She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter.” Bachmann was using this in an attack on Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who had signed an executive order mandating that girls get the vaccine. And there are certainly questions over why Perry signed the order. His former chief of staff Mike Toomey, as the Washington Post points out, "was working at the time as an Austin-based lobbyist for Merck, which was in the midst of a multimillion-dollar campaign to persuade states to make the vaccine mandatory."

But there’s no evidence to suggest the vaccine causes mental retardation. The CDC directed First Read to the side effects page for Gardasil. They include pain, redness, or swelling in the arm where the shot was given, mild-to-moderate fever, headache, or fainting. Not surprisingly, there was nothing on mental retardation. CDC spokeswoman Rita Chappelle said in an email, “The Institute of Medicine released a report on August 25 looking at adverse events from vaccines, including HPV. Rare cases of anaphylaxis was the only type of adverse event seen with HPV vaccine.” That's a severe allergic reaction.

And the Food and Drug Administration and CDC also reported: “Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) has also been reported in individuals following vaccination with Gardasil. GBS is a rare neurological disorder that causes muscle weakness. It occurs spontaneously in unvaccinated individuals after a variety of specific infections. FDA and CDC have reviewed the reports of GBS that have been submitted to VAERS. To date, there is no evidence that Gardasil has increased the rate of GBS above that expected in the population. While we continue to carefully analyze all reports of GBS submitted to VAERS, the data do not currently suggest an association between Gardasil and GBS.”

MORE

She does seem to go half cocked about her facts sometimes. It has been a problem for her throughout the campaign and it only gets worse.

However

She had legitimate questions about how Perry handled the vaccine problem. He didn't go to the legislature, he had a conflict of interest, and the vaccine had very real problems that needed addressing. It may not cause mental retardation, but it does cause severe pain.

At last nights debate she made near criminal accusations against Perry about bribes and left out the fact that parents had the right to opt out of his mandate which she claimed was forced.

Bachmann "Im offended for all the little girls and parents that didnt have a choice"

^^^^^^ That is a flat out lie and she knows it! We dont need another potus that will say anything to get what they want.

Bachmann now has 0 credibility in my book. She may have some good ideas and I can only hope others adopt them. Simply saying I will get rid of Obamacare isnt sufficient.

She is a LIAR. She is done.

Michele Bachmann Slams Rick Perry On Gardasil During CNN/Tea Party Debate - YouTube

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Statement of Gov. Rick Perry on HPV Vaccine Executive Order

Snip-

“Finally, parents need to know that they have the final decision about whether or not their daughter is vaccinated. I am a strong believer in protecting parental rights, which is why this executive order allows them to opt out.”

So it took you this long to figure out something us normal folk knew all along? Wonder when the penny's going to drop with regard to Perry....

At last nights debate she made near criminal accusations against Perry about bribes and left out the fact that parents had the right to opt out of his mandate which she claimed was forced.

Bachmann "Im offended for all the little girls and parents that didnt have a choice"

^^^^^^ That is a flat out lie and she knows it! We dont need another potus that will say anything to get what they want.

Bachmann now has 0 credibility in my book. She may have some good ideas and I can only hope others adopt them. Simply saying I will get rid of Obamacare isnt sufficient.

Michele Bachmann Slams Rick Perry On Gardasil During CNN/Tea Party Debate - YouTube

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Statement of Gov. Rick Perry on HPV Vaccine Executive Order

Snip-

“Finally, parents need to know that they have the final decision about whether or not their daughter is vaccinated. I am a strong believer in protecting parental rights, which is why this executive order allows them to opt out.”

I agree; she's becoming a loose cannon.

Snip-

So it took you this long to figure out something us normal folk knew all along? Wonder when the penny's going to drop with regard to Perry....

Took me long? The election is months and months away, what was the rush? Seems to me getting to know the candidates and listening to them in the debates while considering their record is dilligent.
Or I could just be a wack job, throw on some blinders and support a current failed politician.

Snip-

Took me long? The election is months and months away, what was the rush? Seems to me getting to know the candidates and listening to them in the debates while considering their record is dilligent.
Or I could just be a wack job, throw on some blinders and support a current failed politician.

Bachman has been on the scene long enough to know the cut of her gib a long time ago....most people with an inkling of political nouse would see her coming a mile away.

most people that is....

Snip-

She had been polling #7 as of late...she jumped the shark. She just signed her defeat.

Bachman has been on the scene long enough to know the cut of her gib a long time ago....most people with an inkling of political nouse would see her coming a mile away.

most people that is....

You mean most libs that are looking for dirt. My life isnt consumed with factoids about politicians untill election time or public mistakes are made. I dont click on most of the "gotcha" or "dirt" threads in here. They are nothing more than worthless trolling that arent a factor to the public at large.

Snip-

She had been polling #7 as of late...she jumped the shark. She just signed her defeat.

anyone with a lukewarm IQ knew from the beginning she didnt have a chance.

Naturally you would pull up the rear in figuring this out.

There is a distinct difference between being a viable candidate for potus and being a credible individual. I knew she wasnt the first and now believe she isnt the second.

Snip-

anyone with a lukewarm IQ knew from the beginning she didnt have a chance.

Naturally you would pull up the rear in figuring this out.
Fuck off twerp.

I'm surprised it took you so long.

Again Ill ask. What is the rush? Rushing into things is how mistakes are made.

It's not about rushing. It's about ignoring what has been happening for months now. Bachman has already built a reputation for playing fast and loose with the facts.

What's funny, is in this case, she's actually mostly correct!

You guys are the cream of the crop. Even when you like what you read, if it is written by someone with a different political slant than you, you STILL LOOK FOR FAULT.

Idiots

Snip-

Wow, thanks for that info. Had not heard that parents had the option to OPT OUT! Don't like the fact that she is playing that emotional shit card that belongs to libs. Shame on her. Now I don't even want her for VP, which I would have accepted, if she would have. :evil:

Martin Bashir on MSNBC (the best host on cable news) nailed it in a very English manner,

he said Bachmann may have been 'economical with the facts'.

Forum List

Back